Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh jesus, I can't stop laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

One More Day: Still as stupid today as it was a decade again and no less incoherent.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I guess Rocket got hit with pym particles between panel 1 and panel 2.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mover posted:

I just really don't feel like a dormant volcano coming to life is a sound I should be expected to be familiar with

To be fair you're not a superhero who probably hears that every other week

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ikasuhito posted:

I like to think Ronans doing a little celebratory fist pump down there in the first panel.

It's this

but from the other side.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why can't I rate this thread higher than 5?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

flosofl posted:

Wow. Really committing to that lovelywonderful coloring on the Sentry.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Delusions of Adequacy" is the most perfect summary of Newspaper Spider-Man imaginable.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

techknight posted:

NSM Theatre #4

Oh come on I can't rate this thread a 6.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Don't lie to me, that's Harry Osborne.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

You sure showed him Spidey

oh god help i can't stop laughing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Is that disappointment in MJ's voice? And hope in Rocket's?

Does MJ ever not have disappointment in her voice?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

enigmahfc posted:

I so wish that NSM just took a turn for the "gently caress this", and would solve all his problems with snapping necks.

All of his problems.

Bricks don't have necks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Star Lord's mask lets him survive space but doesn't cover his head. Space helmets are magic.

That is because Star Lord is an alien, duh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh lifeform scanners, just your ordinary gear along with gun, badge, baton.

I really really genuinely hope the cops just stop the Sentry. No superhero help or anything.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yeah spidey plow him!

I know it won't but it'd own if Rocket was just bullshitting Peter until Ronan died.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

... the entire storyline was a setup for this strip, wasn't it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'd like us all just to take a moment to reflect that the plot of this comic is that the supermodel actress wife of Spider-Man is bribing a man and his 'day laborers' to carry the corpse/unconscious body of an invading space alien to Albuquerque so that some he can be used to stop a giant robot from killing Spider-Man and a space raccoon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

By the time they've finished recapping their plan (which is just "we're gonna use Ronan, somehow") the sentry will have finished shrooming everything in sight and fall back to sleep mode. In a nutty way, Newspidey will win.

Will anyone really miss Albuquerque?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think pointless repetition belongs in the Spider-Man thread.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

Witcher reboot lookin' good.

You mean Nioh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Well he's been public domain for a while, there's nothing stopping anyone from trying something more interesting.

I think you need to be a way, way, way bigger rear end in a top hat than anyone who posts on these forums to truly make Stardust.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Get Garth Ennis on the phone.

I don't think even Garth Ennis's family would cheer when he froze to death penniless on a bench.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Did you ever know that Newspaper Spider-Man is my hero?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This made my day just a little bit brighter.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Onmi posted:

Those aren't Gundam.

Those are Mocks from Gundam Build Fighters.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Payndz posted:

Can't he just patent his web formula and sell the rights to 3M or DuPont or whoever for a fortune? Maybe if action wasn't his reward he might be able to afford a car. Or even a cab.

The canonical argument is "nobody wanted to buy a fast-setting adhesive that cleanly and safely dissolves in an hour."

Which is, of course, laughable but yep.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So I guess in space they have eggs, butter and cheese but not raccoons.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what did throwing ronan at the sentry even do other than shut the shroom beam off for however many seconds it took to put ronan on the ground

It did let Spider-Man get close enough to tear his head open so I guess it worked.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

God, whatever the next arc is, it's going to be do disappointing after the nonstop glorious amazement of this one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

"Hey web-head, help me cram Ronan into this, uh, 'Transport Module'!"

This is a wonderful thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

graham cracker posted:

Maybe someone mistook his spaceship for a trash can and he's got plenty of NSM to read on his way home.

Why would NSM be in a trash can? That doesn't even make sense.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

freshlybaked posted:

Why in the world does his spider-sense care if two people are fighting outside? Does it go off whenever he's at the store and someone gets into an argument with the cashier?

Spider-Man's spider sense has always basically done whatever the plot demands as long as 'danger' works into it somehow. He's sensed dudes with guns hidden on them or people walking by who might spot him but failed to notice, say, bricks that are about to hit his stupid head.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm not going to lie, if Mole Man just vanishes after this strip it would be sort of perfect.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh my God, I can't believe Moleman's underground wedding was seven years ago.

It was?!

Oh Jesus, no.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurui Reiten posted:

Peter, there's a difference between "fame" and "infamy"....

Hey, the President of the UNited States got Spider-Man onto a plane.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-O posted:

Any job where Peter has to keep to a rigid schedule and has any real responsibility is the worst possible choice for him. Being a teacher provided fun stories at times but it never made sense to me why he would ever think that was a good idea in any way because it definitely wasn't.

It makes as much sense as any job does. If you have to ask how the timing works out it's basically the same as any hero with a job and for Spider-Man "a job with real responsibility' is absolutely the best choice for the dude who doesn't shut up about power and the responsibility it carries.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"I can vouch for this supervillain who has attempted to murder the Fantastic Four on multiple occasions!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Haha, remember the time I kidnapped you in an attempt to force you to marry me?" "Oh, Mole Man, good times!"

• Locked thread