Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I really wish he'd given the size in meters as "standard Earth length units" or something, leading Peter to expect it to be much smaller than it turns out to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm not a history buff, nor am I near New Mexico at all, but nothing here sounds remotely right.

I know that whenever I see a big guy with a hammer, I instantly want to vandalise a historical monument.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

As far as I can see, Spidey's really painted himself into a corner here. As he says, if he gives the helmet back then Ronan's got no reason to cooperate, so his only choice is to just let Ronan die now? I know Ronan was planning on enslaving the entire planet or whatever, but Spidey doesn't usually deal with bad guys by killing them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ToxicFrog posted:

Didn't he end up taking the bus once? Like, not clinging to the side of the bus but actually paying the fare and riding on it?

He and Ant-Man recently took the subway. Twice.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

So,as a relative newcomer to this beautiful nonsense,I noticed that the archive (or whatever you'd call it) is missing the months of February and well,March. Anywhere for a Canadian like myself to find them?

From this year? Those are still up for free on Comics Kingdom.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

davidspackage posted:

Is there any workaround for the awful app putting a massive "play" symbol over these comic strips just because they're gif files? It's so annoying having to always load imgur just to read them.

I don't know of a workaround, but you don't have to load imgur, you can just tap them and then select "play .gif".

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Newspaper Spider-man is still in college?! :psyduck:

No, they just never update those header panels.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Here's an inks only version I extracted. Try your hand at being an Amazing Spider-Man colorist!

I know how newspaper comics colouring is done, I think I've got this.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

notthegoatseguy posted:

Surprised a B-list actor and a freelance photographer (who is apparently still a college student? at least according to some of the Sunday intro panels?) can afford to live in loving Manhattan.
MJ is a Broadway star as well as a film actor, and Peter's not a student (the Sunday panels just never get updated).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

One of them is the Chameleon. This arc will include at least one scene where Spidey is fighting an old women on stage.

This except it's not the Chameleon, Peter just thinks Aunt Anna is a supervillain for some reason.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Do they know he's Spider-Man

They do not.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The_Other posted:

They did have this:

Does Mole Man just go around trying to marry random women? Is that his thing?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Say the movie's name as often as possible!

"Well, in my new movie, Marvella II, I play the character of Marvella II, who, in Marvella II, fights her enemy, who is a new character for this movie, Marvella II...

The parody is less absurd than the original.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Though I don't remember how it resolved. After May came down with Spelunker's Lung or w/e, did Moley wistfully bid her farewell and they all just went their separate ways?
I think so, yeah.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Tunicate posted:

It changed with One More Day, then retconned back thanks to reader letters

Minus JJJ's girlfriend/rival Maria Lopez. :(

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Now that it is established that Moleman is rich as gently caress, it basically destroys any chance of him sticking around as Uncle Moley because the closest Peter can get to having money is watching his far more talented wife succeed independently of him.
Having a rich uncle doesn't actually make you rich though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Aunt May's about 100, she doesn't have any time to waste.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

also tyrannus is real. :stare:
Well, that's good, since it means Melvin didn't make everything up in a pointless plot to get May to marry him.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Those chains don't look like they'd actually prevent him from doing anything at all. Like, he could just slip out of them any time he liked.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Do the weekday and weekend colorists like hate each other or something
For reasons I don't understand, the weekday colouring is done by the syndicate while the Sunday colouring is done by the actual artist. So the Sunday colours are correct and the weekday ones are the best guess of someone who doesn't read the Sunday strips and isn't paid enough to care.

Scaramouche posted:

that weird dodecahedron Roman engineering scam
That what?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

If he does keep his word, that means he gets to continue ruling Subterranea and Melvin gets to move to the surface and marry Aunt May!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Randaconda posted:

The one Batman crossover where Spiderman had no idea how to deal with the Joker was fun.

I can't really see why Spider-Man should have any particular difficulty with the Joker. Web him up and hand him over to the police. :shrug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Last time I tried this I turned into a giant lizard. The time before that I turned into a giant lizard. The time before that... also a giant lizard. But I've got a good feeling about this one!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Do we have an official tally for how many times Connors has lived the lizard lifestyle in NSM?

It's been going since 1977, so probably a few times by now.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

techknight posted:

In all the years of NSM, has Curt Connors really only tried to restore his arm once?

I'm sure he must have tried more than once, but how would you ever check? I don't think anyone's crazy enough to have actually documented all 40 years of it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wait, it really only happened once in nsm?
Canonically? Yes, just once. Really? Probably more than once, they just don't expect anyone to have been reading it consistently since 1977.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

At first glance I thought he was naked, and now I'm disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

Actually I would like like to see how NSM would handle The Punisher.
Wonder no longer. That storyline starts April 5th, 2004 and runs through May and June and finishes on the 11th of July.

• Locked thread