Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Mikl posted:

The possibility of seeing a Wasp getting beat up was too much of a temptation.

:perfect:

(Couldn't resist the bandwagon.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

He's Mister Fantastic, not Doctor Fantastic.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Ok then Dr Blake

Points for picking an actual practicing medical doctor (though a surgeon might be a bit much) instead of going with Doctor Doom or something.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Also I just noticed Comics Kingdom offers framed prints of the strip of your choice.

https://comicskingdom.com/prints/new/ZGF0ZT0yMDE2LTEwLTI1JmZuPTUyMg==
I'm tempted.

If you want a different strip, it looks like you go here, pick your strip, then click the 'buy prints' button. It also looks like they only keep one year's worth of strips archived, so if there's something you would want from November 2015, act quickly!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I just checked the forum status; if he is lurking, he's a goon.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Has a sequel to a direct-to-video movie ever come out in theaters? :raise:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I wanna see Peter and MJ poke around, find nothing conclusive, and go back to their ultimately very boring road trip while Ronan and Friends have an awesome adventure Spidey just barely missed.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Would a ten-story tall Robert Reynolds also be acceptable?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Mikl posted:

I remember seeing an entirely :nms: Youtube video of two super buff guys arm-wrestling, and one of them ending up with a snapped arm simply from the forces involved.

I know that happened in the Jeff Goldblum version of 'The Fly'; were you thinking of that, or something in real life?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with Newspaper Spider-Man.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

"Let's go take a nap. I doubt Ronan will blow up any more diners or find the sentry in the meantime!"

Hey, even Superman isn't saving the planet 24/7. You wanna see a sleep-deprived Newspaper Spider-Ma oh who am I kidding of course you do.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Hey, Rocket finally put on clothes. And stopped asking "what's a raccoon?"

I'm going to assume, unless proven otherwise, that Rocket knows drat well what a raccoon is and has been trying to get a rise out of Peter the whole time. Since Peter's refused to take the bait, though, he's acting out in other ways (yeah sure he thinks he can take the hotel TV with him) until he gets Spidey to snap.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

'He's a deader'? Did the writer think he was writing a line for Rocket?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

So how long after they take off do you figure that helmet will roll back onto Ronan's head or something?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

So, what, is Ronan an Immortal? He suffocates, comes back to life just long enough to give some exposition, then suffocates again? If Peter had taken off his head instead of just his hat, would there be a crazy lightning storm?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I wonder just why Newspaper Spider-Man is so great. I mean, there must be someone on the project who, at one time, was wide-eyed and naive enough to try to make things make any sort of sense. Is this like Batman '66, where everything's supposed to be silly? Or is everyone involved really phoning it in?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

jng2058 posted:

You know, considering how easily the Sentry was chumped by MJ and Rocket...with an assist from the mostly useless Spider-dude...it seems pretty optimistic of Ronan to think he could conquer the whole galaxy with one.

Well, isn't that why he had it do a trial run on Albuquerque first? Now he knows without the embarrassment of failing in front of the entire galaxy.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Aunt May is going to keep Peter in his seat long enough for the Mole Man to do whatever and get away, isn't she? (See also 'the Bruce Wayne problem'.)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Please tell me Mole Man's last name is actually man, and his full name is Melvin Man :allears:

Sadly, he doesn't follow that particular trope. On the other hand, his real name is apparently Harvey Rupert Elder, which - y'know, I'd seriously consider going by Mole Man with a name like that.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

I really hope that isn't the last we see of Lenny.

I'm hoping that, at the climactic moment, when all hope seems lost, a piece of flesh bounces off a confused Tyrannus's head from above...

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Y'know, what would be really useful is someone who could lift everyone, perhaps with the aid of some sort of woven bag or harness, and carry them to the roof where the police can't see them. Of course, such a person would need great physical strength, the ability to scale vertical walls unaided, and the tools and knowhow to quickly wrap people in a sufficiently strong material...

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

morallyobjected posted:

wasn't there basically a story in the comic books about this?

:thejoke:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

So was this strip always this crazy, or did it start serious (by comic book standards)? And, if the latter, is there a point where you can say 'the ride started here'?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Let's face it, Mole Man not getting to marry Aunt May is such an untwist it makes a Slinky straight, but I'm annoyed that the mechanism is 'Spider-Man talks Melvin into staying and looking after the moloids' instead of 'Melvin decides he can't abandon the moloids'. I mean, wasn't Spidey supporting the marriage not too long ago? I thought it was the colorist who couldn't remember what yesterday's strip was!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

That seems like a very flip comment from Dr. Conners, considering.

• Locked thread