Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

redbackground posted:

loving PYM WHY DIDN'T YOU MENTION THAT EARLIER

The possibility of seeing a Wasp getting beat up was too much of a temptation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I love this comic so much.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

quite stretched out posted:

why is he so terrified of something coming out of the sky during a meteor shower isn't that what a meteor shower is

I don't know about you, but if I lived in the Marvel Universe I would be scared shitless of anything unusual at all, since chances are about 50/50 it's something that will kill me horribly.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Everything about this is Good and wonderful :syoon:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

A hammer is just a brick with a handle

Mods? New thread title, please? :)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY loving GOD

HE'S GOING TO BE DEFEATED BY HOSTESS FRUIT CAKES I JUST KNOW IT

Oh my loving god :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Android Blues posted:

Like, when Superman lifts an ocean liner, scientifically speaking all his incredible strength would mean is that his hands puncture the hull. Even if you have enough strength to lift something huge, you also need a sufficient distribution of pressure over a surface area relative to the size of the object, or you'd just punch straight through it (unless it was made of a material hard enough to distribute the massive amount of force applied rather than buckling or being pierced by it). In general trying to explain superpowers through science is a bit of a mug's game.

e: not that that means it's not fun, especially when Squirrel Girl does it, because it totally is!

Something something tactile telekinesis.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I remember seeing an entirely :nms: Youtube video of two super buff guys arm-wrestling, and one of them ending up with a snapped arm simply from the forces involved.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Ikasuhito posted:

I think I know of the video in question and it was in real life. I wasn't able to find it mostly because typing in "arm wrestling broken arm" gets you a lot of results.

Yep, this. And I can't find it either. I did find this though: :nms: linked x-ray picture of a broken arm :nms:

According to the Wikipedia page, broken arms occour quite often because the arm bone is not designed to take stress in the direction required by arm wrestling.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Skrulls. Definitely Skrulls.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Thank you very much for this amazing Christmas present, Newspaper Spider-Man :syoon:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

How would Rocket know what a mallet is? A mallet is an Earth thing, Ronan's is clearly an universal weapon :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Android Blues posted:

MJ's anatomy in this strip is a nightmare, it's like she's been struck by a curse and is mid-way through transforming into a gorilla. Like, where are her hands going? Why is her butt sticking out?

Not the first time it has happened, either.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The gift that keeps on giving :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Reminder: that car's a rental, and Rocket's getting raccoon hair and raccoon smell all over the inside. There's no way Peter and MJ aren't gonna lose their deposit.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

"Also he's a genius inventor and millionaire, because readers can relate to that more than to a 30-something husband and father trying to balance work and family and superheroics."

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Calling it now: sometime next week Rocket walks into the motel room, dumps a bunch of trash on the floor and wakes up Peter and MJ saying "here's breakfast!" or something like that.

It'll be magical.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

You know what's the best thing about Newspaper Spider-Man?

All of these:

Mikl posted:

Calling it now: sometime next week Rocket walks into the motel room, dumps a bunch of trash on the floor and wakes up Peter and MJ saying "here's breakfast!" or something like that.

It'll be magical.

Jerusalem posted:

There is a better than even chance Peter might eat the trash if MJ doesn't stop him in time.

SilverSupernova posted:

Calling it now. That stray dog will defeat Ronan.

Unkempt posted:

I want the motel manager to come out and find the Parkers' weird halloween kid fighting dogs for scraps and call child protection services.

Manatee Cannon posted:

rocket's gonna stick around post ronan and end up in mj's movie

goatface posted:

He's going to get some very unfavourable reviews in the Daily Bugle and end up in a fistfight with JJJ.

Literally all of these could happen, and maybe at the same time, because this comic is just that crazy :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

"All of this time I wondered why they say 'white trash'. Now I know, I guess." (Motel owner, probably.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, because a whole bunch of nerds were Joe Quesada was still upset about the marriage. Luckily if you want a Peter/MJ book Renew Your Vows is a thing and very good. They even have a (non-raccoon) child!

Fixed it for you :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

chinese barbecue porp posted:

How about eight frames

Oh my god this loving thread :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mark Trail / Newspaper Spider-Man crossover confirmed.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

:doom: "I order you to destroy!"
:goleft: "Ok." *Squashes Ronan*

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

:thurman:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I remember the very first X-men movie. Wolverine gets an X-men uniform like the ones the others are wearing, leather jacket and stuff, and basically goes "This thing's dumb and stupid" and Cyclops fires back "What would you like instead? Yellow spandex?" or something like that.

I should rewatch the X-men movies to see if they still hold up as well today :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

:perfect:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Unkempt posted:

When I tap them it just goes straight to imgur, is there a setting somewhere?

In the options, it's a toggle. "Always open links" or somesuch.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Oh my dear god, he's going to smack the sentry with Ronan's cold dead body :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Weekday colourist :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Android Blues posted:

With this feat I'm pretty sure Newspaper Spidey has established that he's far, far physically stronger than his comics incarnation, because drat.

Spider-Man has always been really loving strong. Proportional strength of a spider and all that. He's not one of the heavy hitters of the Marvel Universe (like Hulk and Thor, for example) but he's close.

There was a story some time ago where Doctor Octopus body-swapped with Spider-Man, and then went out to try and prove he could be a superhero too. On his first fight he was shocked to discover Peter Parker had always pulled his punches. How did Doc Ock find this out? He punched a dude in the face, nearly killing him as a result.

e. strength scales:

Mikl fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 13, 2017

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Also because he's poor as poo poo and kinda pathetic (which I love) - here he is taking lil' Franklin Richards out for a hot dog to help make him feel better after his Uncle Johnny died:

:allears:

Now post the one where he tells the other heroes about Doc Ock swapping with him and modifying his web fluid formula :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

That one kind of bugs me because after he reveals that he's stuck his own pants to his butt the Avengers should have been all,"Welp, that's the real Spider-Man alright!" instead of insisting on a battery of tests to prove his identity.

I mean hell, it only took the Green Goblin getting hit with one joke to figure it out!

Thank you. Man, I love goofy luckless Peter Parker :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Spidey no :ohdear:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh no spider man

Rocket just pee in it or something

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

lmao

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Jukebox Hero posted:

Oh poo poo he hit the button that makes the sentry fire the shroom beam.

Rocket what did you do

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

God bless you :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Cross-quoting from the Comic Strip Megathread:

• Locked thread