Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Seems like a bunch of them are jumbled into random orders though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Onmi posted:

I always liked the copy-pasta where Jonah points out that of course he knows Peter Parker is Spiderman, but that he'd never tell him because he can't have a bored Spiderman.

I wanna see this, I love that stuff.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I want to believe that Egghead just has a paper with "STAN LEE, LARRY LIEBER 11-12" hanging on his wall.

Well yeah, don't you?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I hope it's just literally Ronan, again, and there's two of them for no reason. More Ronans just arrive every hour or so, and all of them go through the same process of bursting into this diner and demanding IT! It's just a conga line of Ronans. Ronans forever.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I like how the colorist can't tell if Peter's wearing a white shirt with black shading, or a black shirt with white highlights.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I know I shouldn't use logic here, but to be honest, all that guy did was see what he thought was a kid in a costume sneaking around a trashcan at night and play in the garbage. Disturbing, yes, but for all he knows that kid is at that age where he refuses to stop playing raccoon man, he's too into his role, he snuck out at night while his parents were sleeping (because you can't stay awake ALL night to watch the kid), and he was trying to eat his raccoon food like a real raccoon. No real sign of neglect beyond the assumed-kid having seemingly browbeaten the parents into letting him go around like that to keep his rear end manageable, and Peter himself had a look on his face like "i am dead inside" when the manager returned their son to them.

This has all been a meeting with a hosed up family with a possibly special needs son, and this manager is nothing if not understanding.

Thankfully he missed Peter's face randomly manifesting a projection of his mask for a moment in the final panel. I love how the mask is frowning, too.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Guys, no one has mentioned it yet: Mary Jane is the one who reminded Rocket of this important weakness.

The joke has become real, Mary Jane is the true hero.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Meanwhile, the death toll in the nearby city climbs.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

We'll switch back to Spidey and Rocket for a strip or two, and then MJ'll burst onto the scene wearing Ronan's armor and wielding the Cosmirod, as the new best heroine ever.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

For all we know that's not even accurate information, it's just the ramblings of a man deep into asphyxiation.

Now, are you describing this strip, or NSM as a whole?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

SilverSupernova posted:

Meant to post this several days ago and just noticed it on my computer today.
It almost certainly wasn't worth the wait, but whatever.

Ok, so, the font in this one and the timing kinda made me want to edit it, so...

I'm so sorry, I couldn't think of a good way to fit "FAPPO!" in and not kill the timing.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Rocket is going to take his old spaceship parts, convert the truck into a space truck, reprogram the sentry into a space trucker (complete with space trucker hat made out of Ronan's helm), load Ronan up in the back again as cargo, and they're going to haul off into space as the new US-1 team, which will be a spin-off strip from NSM.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

EorayMel posted:

Would newspaper spiderman hunt a deer? Discuss.

No, but a deer would (successfully) hunt Newspaper Spider-man.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Wi

Push El Burrito posted:

Marvel just has regular Wraith.

I'm sorry.

(Did he even do anything after Annihilation or did everyone just decide to ignore him?)

Wikis say essentially the latter.

New comic on previous page.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

They're going to try to force the Sentry to injure Ronin, thus throwing it into a logic loop and breaking its programming.

It's going to end up killing Ronin, and then going nuts and beginning a nuclear meltdown, taking out half the state.

Rocket will declare it a win-win scenario, and it will go down in history as NSM's most productive day ever.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

someone awful. posted:

imagine this strip being someone's very first introduction to Newspaper Spider-Man

So, an absolutely perfect introduction?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This came out more threatening than I was thinking...

That... I don't...

Why did you Photoshop Jared into the background?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Jukebox Hero posted:

"You can't park your car here! YOU CAN'T PARK YOUR CAR HERE!"

"Well of course not, that's why I didn't!"

*car begins rolling forward, still in drive*

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

She is going to introduce us to her new boyfriend the vulture or lets say cloud 9

Considering how far in advance the comic might need to be to promote a movie...

"I'd like you to meet my new suitor, Thanos!"
"THIS WOMAN LOOKS LIKE SHE HAS BOTH FEET SO FAR IN THE GRAVE SHE IS BEYOND THE REACH OF ANY FORCE IN THE UNIVERSE! SHE'S GORGEOUS!"

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nah, it'll be Doc Ock
Next: Arms for ALL the Ladies!

Can Peter save his marriage? Mary Jane thinks eight arms and polygamy are the hottest things!

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Tiggum posted:

This except it's not the Chameleon, Peter just thinks Aunt Anna is a supervillain for some reason.

It will then turn out Aunt Anna IS a supervillain for some reason.

What she's been using Mary Jane's checks for is building her evil lair.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

SilverSupernova posted:

Well that resolved quickly.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Just six months of Mole Man graphically bangin' Aunt May

Her poor knees.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Peter, there's a difference between "fame" and "infamy"....

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

I personally thought Peter as a science teacher at a public school was the best possible status quo for him. No prestige there, not the best of salaries, but it's a reliable source of income, an "adult" kind of job and it feels like he's making a difference in the world. Pete's just never going to be a teenager again no matter how much Joe Q. wants him to, so he should be an adult we can relate to. Not some kinda embarrassing unemployed manchild or jet-setting billionaire.

Honestly, I think the best job Peter ever had was also as a teacher, but for the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning, with the more troubled students. He seemed to be in his element, teaching kids lessons, but also how to be better people, and also still going on adventures. Spider-Man and the X-Men was really, really good.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

EorayMel posted:

It looks like Peter is a cheap plastic figure on a stick in the second panel, being lifted around by mole man.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Mover posted:

What if the mole people held a fair, democratic election and chose one of their own in a bid for self-governance. But it turns out Mole Man is backed by the CIA

"You know, all the oil IS underground..."

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Begemot posted:

Why would you guess the last Roman emperor.

Has Pete been reading marvel comics? Is that a copy of The Incredible Hulk #5 in his back pocket?

No.

It's a ticket for illegal parking, that hotel neither had valet service nor appreciated him blocking the entrance to their lobby.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Between Lenny's face and TEARING HIS SKIN OFF I was too distracted to notice what the hell Spidey's doing in panel 3. What is that even?

Self propelled flight. That's one of Peter's powers, right?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

What if your target is Wolverine though? I mean, we know Spidey is around Wolverine all the time, Sabertooth was sure of it.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Ok, which of you assholes is it? Who here is ACTUALLY the writer of this comic?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Lobok posted:

drat, Saviuk used to draw the Sunday strips? A real deal Spider-Man artist from back in the day.

He still does, check the Mole Man strip near the top of the page.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Something about May's eye in that first panel...

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

Comicskingdom blew up again, so having to source this from a lower res site :(

oh dear gently caress may is going to ask him to marry her and live on the surface, isn't she

and frankly i want to see that

i want that to happen

i want spidey's new uncle to be the mole man and i want him to be a supporting character in the cast and i want this to be like a perfect marriage and everyone is like "what the poo poo she's married the mole man" but they're really good together and they make each other happy and it's just the loving best

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

#2 is "ghosts?"

(secretly, still spiders)

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Section Z posted:

Guy reading this thread who is secretly the author, Cops turn around and ask why Spidey ever thought it would work by Sunday, TIA
No. They drive back, get out of the cars, and say "Hello, nice folks, pleasant weather today. Have you seen a lost armadillo, about this high? Little Susie lost it, and she's just torn up about it. Says it saw an ant, and just about went nuts trying to eat it, like some sort of ant eating creature. If you see it, could you let us know? We're trying to get it back to her unharmed, it would really make her day. Thanks, Ms, Ma'am, Sir, and your special needs nephew."

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

There still hasn't been anything as dumb as "BOTH THEIR MOTHERS ARE NAMED MARTHA", so no.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

SilverSupernova posted:

That right there is good case scenario.
Better Case Scenario: Mole Man and May get hitched without any problems and it remains canon and influences other media like Pete marrying MJ.
Best Case Scenario: Jacky reveals himself to be the second Clown-9.

Betterest Case Scenario: Jacky, Clown-9.1, is also legally allowed to marry couples, and is ready and willing to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

"You can't get married here, this is an Observatory, we do SCIENCE here!"

"I'll give you a diamond the size of my fist."

"So, when would you and the beautiful lady wish to be wed?"

• Locked thread