Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

To be fair, he could just be the size of a smaller ant. There are many kinds of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Spider-speed? Does Peter have the power of a camel spider too? Those aren't spiders!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, hang the gently caress on, it's an hour to dawn? Did they rent the loving car at 1am?

From the way Lang talks, the house must be almost 12 hours drive away if they rented that car in the evening.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 26, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I thought it belonged to Pym before this storyline.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FAT BATMAN posted:

But what about The Atom? AFAIK he doesn't have strength when he shrinks.

Atom can ride on photons and turn an unconscious Batman into a mecha by jumping on nerves in his brain.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Ant-Man movie actually had multiple scenes of people shooting at Scott Lang while he's tiny. One even resulted in the death of a popular character.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

dordreff posted:

What was a popular character doing in an Ant-Man film?

Don't you talk like that about Anthony!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

They'll go into the Microverse and meet Micronauts, but everyone's faces will be blurred out because Marvel doesn't have the rights to them anymore.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FredMSloniker posted:

He's Mister Fantastic, not Doctor Fantastic.

Let's be fair here. Reed can probably transfer Peter's mind from his dying body into the body of an evil genocidal Peter from an alternate universe, thus solving the problems to different worlds!

If he feels like it, that is.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tiggum posted:

When is JJJ getting his own movie?

Only if they use this suggestion.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The other 50% chance is you getting superpowers from it.

I hope this is actually a Guardians of The Galaxy crossover. I want to see Groot and Rocket done in NSM style.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ronan has the right idea. You should never go around accusing people on an empty stomach.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

This.....this is more of a threat than NSM can handle.

He is gonna get his dumbass killed:ohdear:

He'll get bricked and knockout himself out. Ronan will be embarassed by his pitiful opponent. This distraction enables Rocket to fire a rocket at Ronan. In some nutty way, Spider-Man wins.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Mods please change my name to WROK FRAK BKAK.

Who let a chicken do all the sound effects?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

surc posted:

So.... the police sergeant moonlights at the diner?

A retired cop or army guy who opened a diner, maybe.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

What a crappy Kree, not knowing who Thor is. He's a freaking prince in a major galactic political power.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

All of Sarge's colors changed again, but everything else looks the same.

Sarge being a Skrull would explain Ronan being there.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

goatface posted:

I thought newspaper FF already knew who he was.

Spidey is super paranoid about the NSA.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

And radioactive sperm that killed MJ in one universe.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's a pretty great car too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I love that he shows his sharp teeth no matter what expression he makes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

You're seriously asking me if I want the setup to Spider-Baby's Day Out or not?

I have a feeling this is a set up to one of those weird Spider-Man pregnant Elsa vampire Joker videos.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ahh, that moment in every parents' life when they find their child's bed all covered in goo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tiggum posted:

It could be like the time a story ended with a narration box that said "Next: Sabertooth!" and then there was an entire months-long, unrelated story before Sabertooth showed up.

Even better, it was "Exit Wolverine, Enter Sabretooth" but the next villain was Sandman.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Look at him classily sassily crossing his legs.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's just a Pueblo descendant living there that's really fanatical about keeping his ancestor's culture alive by updating the petroglyphs.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rocket removed his gloves to work the touch screen.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

flosofl posted:

I have no words at that last panel.

E: OK, I do. Why does the Sentry have a bowl cut and why is it wearing overalls?

It also looks vaguely racist.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Things were different back then.

Yep, Kree were much more racist back then. Now they just think everyone else as inferior.

I wonder what color it will be on Sunday?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I expect it to be holding a giant axe in its hand. It looks like a lumberjack already.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Spider-Man is going to punch that retard sentry to death while crying.

Edit:
Rocket will punch the retard sentry to death while crying. Spider-Man watches from the sidelines thinking: "In some nutty way, I win."

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 15, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Now that we see more of the sentry, it starts to resemble a gigantic child in shorts and overalls.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Too bad we have to await another week to see what color the Sunday Sentry will be.

Sunday Sentry sounds like a Christian superhero in a kids story.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Synthbuttrange posted:

uh but the sentry is right there?

It's in the distance, so the artist did not bother giving it a proper color scheme yet.

Unless it actually is shiny silver.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Look at me, I'm Big Gay Ronan!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

But...Rocket's not a quadruped. He clearly walks on two legs.

It's probably like calling a human an "ape".

Hugh Jackman was asked why Wolverine never wore his comic book costume in the movies (emphasis mine):

quote:

I always feel a certain contingent of fans who are yearning for it. But the biggest block I've had -- I'm willing to take the heat for it -- is that, I can never get past, being a writer for these movies as well, that Logan is the least narcissistic of all the superheroes, any kind I can think of -- Marvel, DC or anywhere else. What I mean by that is, who puts a special branded outfit on when they do good deeds? And why? The only reason you do it is so you can have some sort of trademarked claim and get credit for what you did. Nothing seems less Wolverine-like than the desire to put on a trademarked outfit , particularly canary yellow, and kind of prance about doing good deeds and have people go, 'Oh my God! It's The Wolverine!' At least the Wolverine, as I see him. That's a real struggle for me, and always has been. I somehow feel that if somehow we ever put Hugh [Jackman] into one of those outfits, people would not be happy. Essentially, it's something that lives on the page and I'm not sure could live anywhere else.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Actually it was director James Mangold saying that, not Jackman. The Wolverine was his movie too, so he probably did consider giving Wolverine a costume.

It's too bad that Newspaper Spider-Man is not too distinct from the main comic book character in appearance, because I really want a Marvel Legends figure of him. Maybe Marvel can make one of Big Gay Logan, Big Time and of course Clown 9. The BAF guy could be Iron Jonah.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Maybe rampaging aliens/robots/alien robots think Earth's dominant life form is empty cars, because that's always what they go after first.

There's a running joke in CineD that the Avengers movies are obsessed with showing destroyed cars.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hawkeye has the proportional strength and speed of a circus archer and he does fine as a superhero. Powers or the lack thereof is clearly not the problem here.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ronan's plan seems to be working just fine for now, though he will need to take a shower to clean the squashed idiot off his back later. even his plan to bust into a random building to ask people vague questions he didn't need answered worked pretty well, since it gave him a chance to get his burg on.

Movie Ronan began GOTG with him bathing in the blood of someone he executed. Maybe this Ronan plans on rubbing Spidey's bloody corpse all over him.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

You can't force the foreigner to remove his headscarf. That's racist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Next story will be about Wolverine having to kill Spider-Man for being too dangerous. Of course then they will be friends because "Mary Jane" kinda sounds like "marry Jean" and they will team up to fight Iron Jonah with Phoenix MJ.

• Locked thread