Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

SpiritOfLenin posted:

I love how Rocket is reduced to throwing random trash at the sentry. I also notice that there's a trash can there at some point, did Rocket bring it to the top of that rooftop just to throw it at the sentry?

Well, he needed a snack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Space Crabs posted:

I figured out the next story arc.

Since Mary Jane's weakness is trucks and Spiderman's weakness is bricks the truck driver she paid for his truck will turn evil due to a bounced check and steal a truck loaded with bricks becoming The Brick Louse.

Next: "The Death of Spider-Man!"

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

jyrque posted:

So you're telling me the entire week is going to be like this?

The entire week is going to be like this.

With the occasional "Peter, you dumbass."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm not saying that pointless repetition doesn't belong in the Newspaper Spider-man thread. It belongs. In the Newspaper Spider-man thread. No matter how pointless the repetition is. Just pointing out that it is also a Bendis thing, the pointless repetiton.

This post is the Sunday strip.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"Well...I guess I could blow up that one car again."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Having destroyed every parked car in the city, the Sentry realizes the police also have cars that are empty.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Come on, you literally just ripped through its head like it was paper mache.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Compared to "news-o-gram" and "heat aura trackmotron", I'm not sure if "space prison" is a step up or a step down.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"There's a portal to Kree Prison at the bottom of this lake, it can only be activated if he's encased in concrete."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Good on MJ, dont put up with his garbage talk.

You mean "radium prospector's delight talk".

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 25, 2017

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Holy poo poo. They are actually implying Rocket killed Ronan, and is bullshitting Spidey and MJ.

Come to think of it, yeah, the entire explanation was "he can be unconscious with no harm without any air". So suggesting there's a reason to give him more air than he's getting now means it's all bunk and he's deader than 616-Spidey's marriage.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Pete: MJ, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
MJ: I think so Tiger. Let's say it together!
MJ: Let's have a (Pete: Let's root through some trash!) baby!

"Oh no, we said different things!"

Later, Peter gets a balloon that says "It's a raccoon!borted"

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"Rocket Raccoon? What is this, a crossover episode?"

Endless Mike posted:

As long as it follows the grand tradition of the guest star punching Pete for a week, I don't really care who it is.

Well, now it definitely has to be Runaways just so he alternates getting kicked around by Molly and eaten by a raptor.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"I flew on a plane" is not an answer to "why are you here." Like if you went to the doctor and when they asked "what brings you in today" you said "I took the bus".

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

He doesn't have Rocket so he can't say he works out with his son.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Zeeman posted:

Just want to be sure everyone in the thread is aware of Mole Man's history with Aunt May in the Newspaper Spider-verse:

http://comicsalliance.com/spider-man-newspaper-aunt-may-mole-man-marriage/

I looked that storyline up in the OP and it was amazing. Ben Grimm--who is bulletproof and can go toe to toe with the Hulk--gets taken down with an ordinary wooden stick to the knee. So does Spidey, obviously, but that's basically par for the course by now. Even for this comic, though, it's crazy that Aunt May is all "oh, he's such a gentleman probably" while her arms are pinned and she's being dragged down under the earth.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Being an old man and looking in a window? That'll get your lip split in this neighborhood, mister!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

This is the same move that took down a guy who can go toe to toe with the Hulk. I'm surprised this man's leg didn't fly off like Mole Man was playing golf with it.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Oh yeah, that guy.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Started looking through the archives more or less at random, and I just really appreciate how much incompetence/slapstick they crammed into five panels:

That was the dramatic climax of several months of storyline.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

EorayMel posted:

I think Mole Man is actually running directly behind the limo and keeping up using his super stamina.

That's a really strange way to run if he's doing that, but it makes about as much sense as just clinging to a limo.

So it's going to change between the two every day for a week, and then on Sunday he'll have a tricycle.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Zeeman posted:

Now I'm imagining how great a Newspaper Spider-Man Clone Saga would be

Has there been Newspaper Venom? Because I want to see that.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

The company/money was made when Doc Ock was occupying his body right? I choose to believe with all my heart that Peter just has no idea how to run "his" company and is bumbling his way along while his board of directors keeps everything going in spite of him :shobon:

What would Newspaper Superior Spider-Man be like?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

Aunt May is going to keep Peter in his seat long enough for the Mole Man to do whatever and get away, isn't she? (See also 'the Bruce Wayne problem'.)

His evil scheme seems to be "look at Aunt May without people trying to throw him out." He's basically the Hulk, but with elderliness instead of anger.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I was seriously expecting them to win by forcing Ronan to use up all his energy and then giving him nothing to feed on. Since that's typically what happens when you conspicuously introduce a plot element at the end of the first act works. But instead it's just this gloriously random scene, never to be mentioned again.

Shine on, you crazy spider.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

lmao

Not as devastating as "who is that puny insignificant creature with you", but still incredible.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

It seems like if you're sending someone out to promote a movie, you'd want to let them know the name of the movie changed.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Mole Man, most people have "no other place to go" besides the entire surface of the Earth.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"Well, I GUESS this is better than a raccoon hitting on my wife..."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

CommaToes posted:

In the general comic strip thread, Spider-Man defeated a werewolf in a planetarium by faking the sun rise.

I still maintain this is legitimately cool and, to the best of my knowledge, original. Planetariums seem like an under-utilized setting for action setpieces in general now, come to think of it.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Mole Man gets discovered as the new Danny DeVito.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

A giant green arm bursting through the ground could be lots of things in Marvel. Maybe Bruce Banner has a new split personality with scales. Maybe some kid with the X-gene just hit puberty. Maybe it's Fin Fang Foom.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

X-O posted:

I think technically that was yesterday for him at this point. At most two days ago. That whole Rocket arc took place over two days.

Oh yeah, and also he and MJ drove across the entire US in 72 hours including that adventure.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Begemot posted:

I can't wait to see how the weekday artist mangles that poor Kirby monster :allears:

It surpassed my wildest expectations.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

ARMA(DILLO)GEDDON

Zeeman posted:

He just met Peter though, who does he think he is? Does he know that Peter and MJ are married, or does he think that they're brother and sister?

Mid-cop beating, Peter told him "we met when you kidnapped my wife."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

I still don't see the resemblance.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"anti-armadillo defense"

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"So were you using poetic license when you told me Lenny would follow his own scent because he's an armadillo?"
"No, that was more like lying to a child that a horrifically injured animal is going to be okay."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Yeah, let's just appreciate she's not holding a flip phone. Or a rotary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

That story was gold just because it ends with Spider-Man deciding Magneto's way over his pay grade and agreeing to a draw.

• Locked thread