Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mikl posted:

The possibility of seeing a Wasp getting beat up was too much of a temptation.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

On to the next adventure!

That's going to cut into his Ant-Man time.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wait.

Three days from NY to LA? That's around 13 1/2 hours of driving for all three days. And that's going the most efficient route at an avg. of 41 hours. If you're taking a scenic route you have to deal with all those pesky speed traps and traffic signals.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I was really confused until I realised you somehow mistyped 6 instead of 2.

No a total of 6 one hour stops.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

notthegoatseguy posted:

Didn't Peter say in the previous story that he didn't have a Driver's License? I could've sworn Scott had to drive because of that reason.

Didn't have the license on him I thought. But apparently he can smuggle a Nikon D3 in his suit and set it up in the corner.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

YOU ARE EVADING MY QUESTION. YOU MUST BE HIDING THE THING I AM LOOKING FOR. I MUST USE MY HAMMER TO GET ANSWERS

NEXT...Hammer Time!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Even at his buffest in the comics Superman still isn't that muscled, just in good trim, especially compared to how strong he is. Which actually makes sense -- if you're Superman and you have to lift something like a mountain range before you start putting in more effort than normal, how are you gonna bulk up, exactly? Do reps with the Moon?

There was that run I vaguely remember, right after he was "resurrected" and had the mullet, where he was all swole from storing too much solar energy or something. I think it was right before 'lectric Superman.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:drat:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

And then the innocent ETs, whose only crime was to run out of fuel, die painfully in an atmosphere that's lethally toxic to them.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Well yeah, she's shoving him for some reason. It must be an accident.

I think the intent was for him to be grabbing her and diving away.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

But that means Rocket tried to shoot MJ because Spider-Man didn't know his name.

Have we considered that Ronan may be totally justified in wanting to apply the Hammer of Sweet Rehabilitation here?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

enigmahfc posted:

This strip will just forget about Ronan now, and will focus on Rocket going on a mall shooting spree.

That would be the best thing ever.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I didn't think it could top Ronan. And then it did.

I am in awe.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

NSM is truly a gift to all mankind.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Trivia: Rack 'n Ruin was Rocket Raccoon's original ship back in the 80s.

Is that a SPACE WALRUS? Named Wal(ly)?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

techknight posted:

Have some avatars! (I used some of Carol's edited versions as a starting point)

"Kree"?

If anyone has requests I could do a few more tomorrow.

Man, I just got my Magic AV from someone and kind of love it.

Missing MJ Side-Eye. I'm sure someone would jump all over that one.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Cakefarts Carol posted:

I'm still rooting for MJ solving the Ronan issue with hostess fruit pies

If this happens, I'll never wish for anything ever again.

I can still see those drat ads in my head. What's even better about them, is the villain always gets distracted by the delicious hostess fruit pies, but then the last panel shows them ready to be carted away all tied up. But not before the cops and the hero (and the kids who helped by stealing and using the fruit pies as a ballistic weapon) eating the drat pies in front of the bad guy who gets none.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ColdPie posted:

What ads are these?

http://www.therobotsvoice.com/2009/11/the_10_dumbest_comic_book_hostess_ads.php

Do a GIS for Hostess comic ads. There's a ton of them out there.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 14, 2017

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Doc Hawkins posted:

It did seem to have been a bridge slightly too far for the artist.

She looks like a FAS baby all grown up with makeup and wig.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

techknight posted:

God that panel is amazing

OMG

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Still, at least it's a silver medal. Can anyone REALLY compete with 'naked raccoon man punches wild dog to eat trash'?

She rides a dinosaur at one point.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, hang on, what the gently caress is going on with those eggs. Did she like carry around a second pan of hot eggs, then dump them on Pete's eggs? Or did Pete eat them all, and she took the time to cook new eggs just to drop them on his plate as a much delayed response?

I think those were her eggs she was cooking up and had enough of his poo poo and plonked them down over his.

His spider suit is also going to get a big scorch mark in the shape of an iron on the back.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I have no words at that last panel.

E: OK, I do. Why does the Sentry have a bowl cut and why is it wearing overalls?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Things were different back then.

Ah, the yesteryear of tomorrow.

The MSJ posted:

It also looks vaguely racist.

Yeah, I was thinking of adding that, but decided not to poke it with that stick since it's almost certainly unintentional. I'm sure it will have a completely different cringeworthy racial caricature in the next strip.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 15, 2017

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:boom:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

RIP Sarge's Diner.

Wow. Really committing to that lovely coloring on the Sentry.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Turns out it was just "running away".

Spidey's right arm looks like it's barely attached to his body.

Although I guess I should know by now the artists are all "gently caress it, good enough. I gots bills to pay."

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Since when is Earth's atmosphere toxic to Kree... nevermind, Newspaper Universe.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dude in the first panel looks like he's wearing the weirdest wig.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

(im the smiley face petroglyph)

:colbert: That is clearly a frowny face

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Wait... He's not dead, because after Ronan squashed him, he's not moving. Like a dead person.

:psyduck:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

graham cracker posted:

Ronan is going to yell "NO, STOP!" and the sentry is going to hear it from miles away and be shut down.

This has the ring of Newspaper Spider-Man Truth.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

kinda curious what ronan's face looks like

Bog standard Kree as far as I know.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, I thought he was just a regular Kree blue-faced dude, and those patterns on his face were tattoos or something.

I think they're the ashes of dead Kree in their war with Xandar (or maybe the Skrull).

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I love this thread so much.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Why... why is Spider-Man talking in past tense about something he's currently doing?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

EDIT: OMG, Spider-Man is going to web up Ronan's limbs and work him like a marionette, while Rocket uses space ventriloquism to stop Sentry.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Payndz posted:

Can't he just patent his web formula and sell the rights to 3M or DuPont or whoever for a fortune? Maybe if action wasn't his reward he might be able to afford a car. Or even a cab.

He owns a company and is a million(billion?)-aire now.

• Locked thread