Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I personally would pay at least $8 for pictures of Spider-Man beating my awful rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, does egg head commute every day to new York City?

No, this is the house he shared with his recently deceased wife before he moved back to NYC.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

if anyone ever tried to tell me that i would punch them in the face or at least give them a real mean look

Over the course of 4-6 days, I hope.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I hope the new tradition of every strip ending with a closeup on Egghead touching his face weirdly continues forever.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

The MSJ posted:

The Ant-Man movie actually had multiple scenes of people shooting at Scott Lang while he's tiny. One even resulted in the death of a popular character.

What was a popular character doing in an Ant-Man film?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Man, the comic curmudgeon gave me a great insight. Jonah just snuck into Egghead's house to brutally murder him to regain control of the bugle.

Triple J doesn't gently caress around, it is true.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Why is Trips still carrying around the lamp?

Just so no-one forgets he's the Publisher of Publishers, The Editorial Assassin, the one and only JJJ

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Background chef dude please decide if you are in front of the window or behind it because this poo poo has got to stop.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Dexie posted:

I'm curious. Have any other Marvel/DC characters had a newspaper strip at any point?

Like, a newspaper Superman seems like an incredibly obvious thing to me.

Batman and Superman did for ages, and Wonder Woman had one for like a year in the 40s.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

CommaToes posted:

I hope they run into the strangely competent Great Lakes Avengers.

The GLA being pinnacles of efficiency and skill but treated like they're no-hope morons would be peak Newspaper Spidey, and I really hope it happens.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Tiggum posted:

I have no idea who this is (other than that his name is apparently Ronan). Anyone want to give a quick rundown of who that is and what he does?

Ronan the Accuser, main villain of the film Guardians of the Galaxy who likes to blow people up for not being one of his species. In the comics he's basically an alien version of Judge Dredd.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh 'Sarge' is his name.

aww the little man is angry

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I hope it's the giant robot because that's way funnier of a thing to try to find in a diner, and also the other one sucks.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Cabbit posted:

Rocket's going to beat three shades of poo poo out of Ronan entirely on his own, isn't he?

Given that the alternative is Newspaper Spider-Man actually doing something useful, this is by far the most likely outcome.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

No SHRRRPTTT this time!

i love this stupid loving comic so much

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
rockets going to kick his rear end for those lovely sandwiches

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Rocket's not being imprecise he's just anticipating how much the size of the sentry will vary from panel to panel

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Well they don't call it the Supreme Intelligence for nothing!

Oh God please let the Supreme Intelligence show up in this story at some point

It's actually just some average guy called Steve but being of average intelligence in NSM World automatically makes him the smartest thing ever to exist

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Alhazred posted:

Then its revealed that Ronan's helmet is made out of wood and Magneto skulks away.

a wooden helmet... they tricked him, with a wooden helmet

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

quite stretched out posted:

spiderman you have the ability to climb things and jump really high you don't need to stand on rockets head to peek over the ridge

Need, no. Want, yes.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

He finally stopped yelling about shrooms.

Now he's on the hunt for snatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Even in the first panel, we see the Sentry looking less enthusiastic with its SHROOMing as it realizes there's not much to actually destroy in that city.

I think it's mostly just upset about suddenly being the same size as Spidey.

• Locked thread