Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We all know an love our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man! You can go talk about his comic book adventures over here. THIS thread, however is about a dumber, wackier, overall more fun version of Spider-Man: the daily comic strip "The Amazing Spider-Man" by Stan "The Man" Lee and "Laughin'" Larry Lieber*. Newspaper Spider-Man features all the characters you know and love: Peter Parker, MJ (still married!), J. Jonah Jameson, Robbie, and whatever other characters Stan and Larry decide to bring in. It's run in a serial format, so every day matters! Stories generally start or at least include Peter getting hit by someone or something since his spider-sense is completely useless and also everyone seems to like hitting him, including other superheroes. Some past stories have included Peter getting smacked around by Iron Man since Newspaper Iron Man doesn't have night-vision, Peter fighting a clown named Clown-9, and Peter fighting Jameson in an old Iron Man armor - with his face projected on the front. The current story involves old Ant-Man villain Egghead gaining control of the Daily Bugle and Pete seeking out Ant-Man's help. This, of course, leads to Ant-Man punching him a few times. This leads us to today...

*Stan probably doesn't contribute a whole lot anymore, but writing is still credited to him

Want more Newspaper Spider-Man goodness? Well click below to read more!

1999: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2000: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2001: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2002: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2003: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2004: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2005: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2006: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2007: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2008: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2009: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2010: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2011: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2012: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2013: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2014: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2015: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2016: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2017: [Jan]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Samovar posted:

OP, how could you have overlooked the best character of not just the newspaper strip, but indeed the entirity of the MCU, Clown 9?

Not-OP did you read the OP where I specifically mention him?

September 12, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I would have said he was better than JJJ but then we got Iron JJJ.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Remember that he has the disproportionate strength of a man!

...At least he didn't get shot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Whoa, thanks boss!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

September 15, 2016

JJJ spends so much time being angry about Spider-Man he's not even aware (the replacement for) a founding Avenger exists.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

So does Hank not really have a secret identity or does Scott not give a poo poo?
So far Scott has been pretty bad with the whole "secret identity" thing.

That said, they have seem to have implied that Hank's identity is public.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

September 19, 2016

It's a good thing Spider-Man is invulnerable to shotguns! Oh wait.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 19, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

September 20, 2016

Spider-Man actually does something smart!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

September 21, 2016

JJJ knows that Hank Pym was the first Ant-Man but didn't know there was an Ant-Man five minutes (strip time) ago.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

September 22, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

September 23, 2016

No wonder everyone hates you, Pete.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spergminer posted:

I can't believe that superheroes needs to pay for rental cars, isn't there an Avenger fund for that kind of expenses?

Newspaper Spider-Man is NOT an Avenger!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

System Metternich posted:

Didn't they say that the cousin lives somewhere "upstate", i.e. northern New York State or something?

Yeah they said "upstate." So at least a couple hours out of the city (so like five hours minimum)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

September 28, 2016

Well, that's one thing it could mean.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

September 29, 2016

So does shrunken Peter have the proportional strength of a man with the proportional strength of a spider?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

October 1, 2016

But what about Pete? Does he have normal human strength?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

Right now, he has the strength of a spider. Not the proportional strength.

Are you sure? He might have the proportional strength of a spider-sized man with the proportional strength of a man-sized spider!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think he also has it when he finds out Aunt May is in trouble.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

October 3, 2016

The perspective on the first panel is killing me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

something something new york traffic
That was the joke, yes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

redbackground posted:

I love my Dyson, but jesus emptying the contents into the trash is the worst part of my week.

I take mine outside and just dump it straight into the community garbage can.

Incidentally, I was looking to find the pressure inside a vacuum canister and haven't had much luck. It's lower than atmospheric, obviously, but that doesn't really tell much on its own.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

October 7, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Are you a time traveler?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If Egghead was really a dick he'd have taken Scott to Canada.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Much like ants, spiders come in many sizes, with the smallest known having a body about the size of the head of a pin.

How many exist in upstate New York is probably a good question, though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Just like everyone else in the Newspaperverse, he just wants to make Peter look like an rear end in a top hat before saving the day.

Also why does Egghead need modified bug spray. I'm fairly certain if someone stuck you in a room full of the normal stuff you'd be just as dead.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

graham cracker posted:

Wait, didn't the last arc specify that Peter doesn't own a car? Why didn't him and Scott rent a car to get to Egghead instead of taking the-oh right, this is Newspaper Spider-Man.

Did you know? You can rent cars more than once!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Even after the things Jonah did in your old car?

I assume they took the insurance.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Seriously. This country is mostly empty, MJ, you're gonna be begging for a plane ticket before you hit Ohio.

No way, if they go the right way there's lots of beautiful farm country and mountains on the way there. I mean, if you stick to interstates it will suck, but that's true everywhere.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Until I am proven otherwise, I am assuming his quest is to find the tastiest cheeseburger on Earth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ManlyGrunting posted:

I love the guy to the far right who isn't even phased by the Doctor Doom looking motherfucker with the giant hammer.

In the Newspaper Marvel Universe, aliens entering diners in New Mexico is a normal occurrence. The old couple in the middle are probably from Nebraska or something, so it's uncommon.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He still hasn't disproven my hypothesis that he is searching for the best hamburger on Earth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I wonder when someone's going to realize Kree are supposed to be blue.
Wow look at this racist piece of poo poo forgetting that some Kree are white.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Choco1980 posted:

My dick also goes SKRAKK when I cum.

You should probably see a doctor about that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

clown 9 is a completely mundane clown with no special talents, resources or powers. he is also newspaper spiderman's greatest foe.

Excuse you, he has a clown car

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Don't forget his water gun that shoots with the force of a fire hose and his laughing gas flower.

I mean, having a car is, alone, enough to best Newspaper Spider-Man

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's just junk he cobbled together in his rathole apartment. remember, in this continuity a web shooter is "a simple device".
Honestly, it's just a fancy aerosol dispenser. They're not complicated at all. It's the web fluid itself that's the innovation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not lost, just difficult to get. Most any library system will have microfiche or even scans of older papers.

• Locked thread