Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cjg
Sep 5, 2003

RugClockVexx posted:

Disappointment? Laughed at?

But seriously according to the official website ( http://southpark.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/buy/index.aspx ) you get "an exclusive in-game assistant, Towelie: Your Gaming Bud."

Also, don't pre-order... didn't south park come up with this very useful mantra?

ed. Cant read sarcasm. Or, better yet, maybe cant read sarcasm? I dunno anymore, the internet has me questioning everybody's intelligence, what with Trump and all... cant wait till the season starts

Cartman on pre-ordering games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV69DyOuzbE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

timp posted:

Trey Parker is a phenomenal voice actor. If he wasn't so busy being a producer/general comedy mogul he'd still be able to make a killing doing voiceover work.
Yeah a lot of his voices crack me up no matter what they're actually saying. Him and Matt are also pretty funny as actors so it's a shame that the last live-action movie was what, Baseketball?

Sir Lemming posted:

I think they're libertarian in the same way that most people align themselves with any political party -- i.e. "Yeah sure, that sounds better than the other ones."
Have they even ever commented on that? People just call them lolbertarians because they don't consistently push one or another agenda and then attribute whatever believes they want to it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Quote-Unquote posted:

I love that bit, but it also really confuses me because I thought Matt and Trey were massive lolbertarians, which makes it seem weird that they'd slag off Atlas Shrugged when it's generally the centrepiece of lolbertarian 'thought'.

Whether you agree with the philosophy in it or not Atlas Shrugged is still poorly written and boring as Hell.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

timp posted:

Trey Parker is a phenomenal voice actor. If he wasn't so busy being a producer/general comedy mogul he'd still be able to make a killing doing voiceover work.

It blew my mind a few weeks ago when I realized NFL Network had him narrating the America's Game about last seasons Denver Broncos.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I was 15 for Season 1. I remember having a hard time convincing friends to sit down and watch a cartoon.

Can't wait for the new season. There's so much good material.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthPark/status/775392570268459008

I first saw South Park in 1999 when I was 12. A friend in Puerto Rico of all places (we were on vacation) brought up a VHS of select episodes from Season 1. Then we played the N64 game and oh God, I needed more. The problem was my town's only cable option at the time didn't have Comedy Central, so the only place where I could see South Park was on vacation IF the place had cable (Puerto Rico the next year was useful for this).

In early 2000, they were bought out by Time Warner. That Spring, my class went to a career day aimed at 6th graders and the cable guy who was there (yeah, don't ask me) hinted at a major channel expansion coming that summer. Not long after, they sent the channel lists in the mail. :getin:

In July 2000, it happened, and we got Comedy Central along with almost double the channels (from 37 to 70) we had before...and that was before you added a cable box. (In 2000, the reaction to this was :psyboom:). The first episode I saw actually turned out to be one of my favorites (Do The Handicapped Go To Hell?). Been a good 16 years since.

Tangentially related, it was around this time my parents considered buying a local video rental store which was for sale, only to have their accountant say "Don't do it. You're going to be able to watch movies from your cable box in a couple years.", so they didn't. I remember thinking "Bullshit, how would that work?". Not only did it happen, but it turned into a South Park episode.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 14, 2016

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

They're re-airing "Tweek x Craig" right now and my God that episode is loving brilliant.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Troy Queef posted:

They're re-airing "Tweek x Craig" right now and my God that episode is loving brilliant.

I'm doing the rewatch I talked about doing in the last thread after hating it the first time I saw it.

If you look at it from the angle of "The kids know what's going on and the adults are too god drat aloof or stupid to realize", which was a staple of early seasons, it's much better (as compared to my first impression of "Why are they being guilted into being a gay couple by the end of the episode when they're straight?"). It's aided by Cartman's wrangling with Cupid Me being a subplot.

The adults' "stupidity" (for lack of a better term) is "Hey, we have a Whole Foods...and now a gay eight-year old couple. We're PROGRESSIVE!" and it's kind of fun. But "You know what? I'm straight. But I'm going to pretend be gay to better my town." doesn't feel like a South Park thing.

Whatever, it's still better the second time around. It still would've been better if I'd heard of Yaoi or any of the Tweek/Craig fanfics going in.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 15, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I never expected to enjoy PC Principal as much as I did.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I didn't pick up on "Wow, we've only had a Whole Foods for (period) and now we have (event). So cool." being a running Randy gag, but it's been in the last two episodes.

cheerfullydrab posted:

I never expected to enjoy PC Principal as much as I did.

I love how he always has his arm out at a 90 degree angle when talking into a mic. The Leslie chewing of the week got slightly old until they paid it off.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
Upon rewatching there are lots of references to later episodes in the season from early episodes that you wouldn't have gotten the first time around. I didn't get why pc principal kept telling that one girl to shut the gently caress up, but then it turned out she was the walking advertisement girl, so many good layers to lay season I hope they keep it going this year.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That was one of the main storylines, it wasn't really a subtle gag hidden away for rewatches.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

They're not loving around. :laffo:

e- "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH, $100!" :roflolmao:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I literally just got back from a women's volleyball game.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Was that a swipe at Amy Schumer?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Was that a swipe at Amy Schumer?

It's also at Ghostbusters 2016

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Yessssssssss Douche and Turd is back!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

DOUCHE VS TURD CALLBACK!?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

So Hillary is Turd Sandwich and Trump is Douche?

...no, Garrison is Douche. Even better.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh God

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm giving Legends of Chamberlain Heights a shot after this.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
South park Matt lauer asking better questions than the real one

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Are they gonna keep calling whoever wins the election Douche/Turd after the election?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Garrison backtracking like his real-life counterpart.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I get the feeling they didn't watch the actual presidential forum before making this thing because Matt Lauer was definitely not that on point correcting Trump.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I feel like the member berries should scream horribly when they get eaten.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im the vagina balls

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SomethingAwful shoutout.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Love the twist with the member berries.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Cartman sneaking a peek into the toilet.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Heh, the twist with Garrison is that everyone is high as gently caress, isn't it?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rise...sit, or take a knee...to support America. :thurman:

Wait, where's the crowd singing the new Anthem?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

saw it coming

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Kyles dad yew guys

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Chamberlain Heights is fun so far, but could easily make a hard right into crap territory.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i thought itd be stan

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Already a minute into Legends of chamberlain and I hate it.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Nice try, CC. I'm not watching your new garbage show.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This is already more memorable than Moonbeam City, I'll give it that.

It reminds me of a much less kid-friendly version of something which would've been on Kablam!.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Gaunab posted:

Already a minute into Legends of chamberlain and I hate it.
It has a real pre 2000s newgrounds.com feel to it. In that it should be blammed asap.

• Locked thread