Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Pretty good episode. Lots of relevant things and I want to see where they are going with memberberries. That said, I do kind of miss the "old South Park" in terms of stuff being confined to one episode and focusing mainly on one topic.

muscles like this? posted:

Just because this season is doing some political poo poo doesn't mean this thread is the place for political discussion. Nobody wants to hear your "expert" analysis.

I don't know about that. I mean CSPAM and D&D have very informed and high quality political opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I just hope the conclusion is better than the previous season's. The whole advertising thing was so stupid.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I will admit, I enjoy this thread showing how crazy CSPAM Hilbots are now that they aren't surrounded by their fellow cheerleaders to shout down any diverging opinions. Not saying that the other teams are better, but the Hilbots have pretty much dominated the political forums and as such have some nasty hivemind.

LostRook posted:

People coming in to the thread to say nothing more than essentially "how dare they not agree with me 100%" is really the problem. It doesn't add anything to the discussion, since it isn't really talking about the show.

Yeah, that's for DnD and CSPAM.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 16, 2016

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

After reading that NY Times article I'm less convinced that there is a big end game planned and it sounds like they're still figuring it out. I'm sure it will be pretty entertaining but how Gerald will get his upcomins and how Cartman will retaliate or alternately solve the gender issue may not be as big a payoff as we hope for.

How the gently caress do they animate, score, and voice a show in less than 48 hours? I know it's all paper-thin 2D Maya models, but still...

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

When will the new episode be uploaded to south park studios?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I'm watching the first episode of South Park in a very long time. I have to say I really adore the show's original non-computrized animation. It feels very "organic".

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Modern Family Guy is just as terrible as Classic Family Guy. The only difference is that it is more "edgy".

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Not sure how okay political talk is in here, but I find it ridiculous that they attribute most of Trump's rise to sheer nostalgia. Changes certainly have to do with it, but it's more about fear and hate than merely wanting to bring back the world as we saw it from our youth. Reality is not that innocent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

This season was loving terrible. The arc lasted WAY to long. Also memberries were stupid and never fully explained.

Saying that, as someone said before, I'm glad they're trying to do different things with the show. I respect one who tries to innovate and fails rather than one who rests on their laurels.

• Locked thread