Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Ocean Book posted:

I'm a non-management QA tech at a small meat factory. I do things like calibrate equipment, test temperature, pH, and water content of the meat, and check paperwork to make sure all those things are properly documented. The head maintenance guy at the place was talking about liability in case some of the meat poisoned someone and said in passing it's possible I could end up liable, as in get sued for it.

Is that true? Is there a way to find out?

e - I've never seen anyone cheat on a Critical Control Point (things like cooking the meat to specific temperatures and cooling it fast enough) and have never done so myself, but I might want to find another job if someone else dropping something or being otherwise careless could get me in serious trouble since the work is hard and the pay isn't amazing.

Yea I can't give legal advice but basically always follow your procedures, if you are in a compromising situation or have to make a judgement call and are uncomfortable, contact your manager or some higher authority and get their written concurrence. If you see something wrong, say something.

I would imagine a combination of all 3 above would be pretty CYA if for any reason the state tried to litigate cuz some old guy died from eating poison meat.

e: put another way, think about how many other people are QA tech in food and have no problem. Also your buddy sounds like one of those guys who likes having stories for all situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread