Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seacat
Dec 9, 2006
Not sure if OP is still around but, I've been working in QC/QA for 7 years and am pretty familiar with all aspects of quality in food, beverage, cosmetics, dietary supplements, and pharma.

If you gently caress up horribly and approve some lovely meat that was spoiled or something you might be fired.

Good quality systems are designed to be redundant so that if one person fucks up another person catches it. Because even good quality people gently caress up. If you don't have a good quality system that's quality management's fault and they'll get fired in the case there is a recall. Only if there is egregious systemic and intentional fraud against regs by the whole quality department will there be any criminal charges and most likely they will only be brought against quality leadership.

Chill. I've seen loads of people fired, sure, most of them deserved it for sucking, and it was for some monumental fuckups (injury from bad products, but not serious injury). I have yet to see someone go to jail although it can happen to someone with enough responsibility - and this would not be just quality, but plant managers, CEOs, etc. It would take the level of sneaking anthrax into the plant and dumping it into children's schoolmilk while you are on camera doing the whole thing to be charged with a crime as a quality tech/analyst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread