Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Remember when the guy burns down the banana stand because he didn't pick up on the extremely subtle wink wink hint hint from the dad idk I only made it like three episodes in before I got bored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Pop Pop gets a treat??

Sperghetti
Apr 21, 2010

Season 4 did kinda suck. I think I heard it was scheduling conflicts with all the actors since they're all hot poo poo now, hence the disjointed character specific episodes and wacky editing

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The best part of Charlize Theron's arc was the implication that hipster girls are inherently retarded

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

b-minus1 posted:

Remember when the guy burns down the banana stand because he didn't pick up on the extremely subtle wink wink hint hint from the dad idk I only made it like three episodes in before I got bored

haha lol it's an extremely boring show that everyone i know loves idgi

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Wicker Man posted:

Why come it called arrested development? Who getting arrested? :ohdear:

The Dad. He eats ice cream sandwiches in prison.

"Joe Withabee" was my favourite part of Season 4.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
BEES?

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
BEADS??

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Season four was better than not getting a season four imho

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The original series should never have been cancelled. Now everybody looks old and weird, and Season 4 was a mess. Mitch Hurwitz also hasn't done anything interesting since. I wouldn't mind Season 5 or a movie but I also wish somebody else would just write a really good TV comedy. Nothing right now is par excellence.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Borrowed Ladder posted:

bees?
Beads!
BEADS!?

Is probably my favorite joke ever

Stalizard posted:

I'm the whole "thing" of candy beans

AD has really affected the way my girlfriend and I talk to one another, these two being the most common ones that come to mind

Also, as weird and not good as Season 4 was, it at least gave us that scene where GOB and Ben Stiller have sex with each other while wearing a mask of their own faces. That is the only funny thing I remember.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

MiracleWhale posted:

in college I was friends with this guy who was Christian but he was still p cool and we'd do urban exploration together. one time he came over and I happened to be just starting one of David cross' standup specials that I hadn't seen before and I was like "check this dude out, he's hilarious, one of my fave comedians" and then he launches into this 10 minute bit making fun of Jesus and that guy never came over again

I'm sorry you never got laid. :rip:

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Professor Shark posted:

AD has really affected the way my girlfriend and I talk to one another, these two being the most common ones that come to mind

Also, as weird and not good as Season 4 was, it at least gave us that scene where GOB and Ben Stiller have sex with each other while wearing a mask of their own faces. That is the only funny thing I remember.

The entirety of the Buster episode was pretty God damned funny to me.

Also, I remember in the thread for it, Aatrek didn't like it, and I think specifically pointed to the pedophile subplot as one of the main reasons. That's pretty funny.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

MiracleWhale posted:

what's the over under on season five being a piece of poo poo

You don't understand under/over so you can suck my dick, fuckman.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i think it kinda sucks op or at least is highly overrated fwiw i'm a huge prick

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GET IT??? cause there rrally was then he burnt it down

see what i mean ? show sucks dick

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Season 1 was excellent, then they just kept getting worse.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
"Almost definitely"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Professor Shark posted:

Truth

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The worst/ best parts of season 2 and 3 was the complete abandonment of the documentary format

Like they wouldn't have camera crews up in the attic when George Sr was a fugitive

But in season 1 when Lindsey gets Tobias to take his never nude jeans off it's filmed through a cracked door

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Sperghetti posted:

Season 4 did kinda suck. I think I heard it was scheduling conflicts with all the actors since they're all hot poo poo now, hence the disjointed character specific episodes and wacky editing

ensemble show without the ensemble

just thank your lucky stars firefly never came back

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
One of my bosses is literally Michael with a Midwest accent so I never forget about this show.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Season 4 should have been predicted based on what was happening at the end of Season 3

Like the sister-hooker they introduced and quickly dropped

Or the lovely ending

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
"Go ahead and tell Gob that I’ll be telling the cops that it was him in the truck. So he’ll be joining me here. I’ve got a nice hard cot with his name on it."
"You’d do that to your own brother?"
"...I said 'cot.'"

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Sperghetti posted:

So season 5 could be pretty good considering the casts' post-AD popularity is now gone and none of them seem particularly busy.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

None of them were ever very popular

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus
penus

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Vegetable posted:

None of them were ever very popular

they actually were for a bit:

michael cera and jason bateman got into a ton of movies, will arnett got into movies and some failed tv series, david cross continued to get cameos and his own failed tv series, jessica walter got work as a voice actress in the newest cartoon tv series, tony hale got roles in failed tv series, etc.

the main cast had no problem getting work for a few years after the show got cancelled

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Luvcow posted:

michael cera and jason bateman got into a ton of movies, will arnett got into movies and some failed tv series, david cross continued to get cameos and his own failed tv series, jessica walter got work as a voice actress in the newest cartoon tv series, tony hale got roles in failed tv series, etc.

the main cast had no problem getting work for a few years after the show got cancelled

Surely you aren't referring to Veep?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
My favorite character is the doctor from Upright Citizen's Brigade.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Luvcow posted:

david cross continued to get cameos and his own failed tv series

i like david cross but that show was terrible

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Egbert Souse posted:

Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

That was funnier when we didn't know he was a white supremacist.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Luvcow posted:

They got work but never became very popular, which is my point.

To be fair most comedy actors don't break into the Hollywood mainstream. I can only think of Steve Carell and Chris Pratt.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

NotWearingPants posted:

That was funnier when we didn't know he was a white supremacist.

Bob wasn't a white supremacist.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Also not even close: my favorite character was Barry. Henry Winkler steals every scene he's in. Also wrote a book about fishing. All-around awesome guy.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

notZaar posted:

Bob wasn't a white supremacist.
the actor

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Professor Shark posted:

Surely you aren't referring to Veep?

forgot about Veep, i was referring to the failed Andy Richter P.I. show

Earwicker posted: