Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Season 4 is really loving weird. I don't like how disjointed it felt and the green screen usage is painfully obvious.

It's like the previous seasons subtly acknowledged that Michael was just as much an rear end in a top hat as the rest of his family but s4 made that way too explicit and also lindseys wig is wretched

Xanei.exe posted:

Season 4 is kind of bad compared to the rest of the series. It has a couple funny moments but lacks the subtle layering that made the original stuff so funny. Also, I think focusing on each individual character and then surrounding them with a bunch of new people that I personally couldn't give a gently caress about didn't really help, causing it to range from fairly funny like the George episode to the utterly painful Tobias episode.
Jesus how did they make David Cross unfunny? :doh:

ya loved the three tv seasons but was mixed about the netflix season though i did think it had some awesome parts like the GOB/entourage episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

PostNouveau posted:

I think it was better than people think because you go "Yeah it was bad except for the gob episode, and the tobias episodes, and the maebe episode, and the buster episode, and the lucille episode had some good parts."

If they'd just cut it like a normal season all the bad poo poo woulda been spread out rather than front-loaded.

i agree on that actually because so many people i knew were very negative on it and most never finished watching the whole 4th season. I actually had that saturday off and watched the whole thing the day it was released.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Vegetable posted:

None of them were ever very popular

they actually were for a bit:

michael cera and jason bateman got into a ton of movies, will arnett got into movies and some failed tv series, david cross continued to get cameos and his own failed tv series, jessica walter got work as a voice actress in the newest cartoon tv series, tony hale got roles in failed tv series, etc.

the main cast had no problem getting work for a few years after the show got cancelled

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Professor Shark posted:

Surely you aren't referring to Veep?

forgot about Veep, i was referring to the failed Andy Richter P.I. show

Earwicker posted:

i like david cross but that show was terrible

i wanted to like it but ya Todd Margaret was pretty bad

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Vegetable posted:

Also not even close: my favorite character was Barry. Henry Winkler steals every scene he's in. Also wrote a book about fishing. All-around awesome guy.

loved him, tbf though pretty much everyone who had a bit part on that show was awesome including Carl Weathers

• Locked thread