Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Yeah, I'm late to the party here but honestly you will be 100% fine in Dubai airport, even as a first-time female solo traveller. All the announcements are in English and French, and all of the signs are in English and Arabic, so you'll have absolutely no trouble getting around. And since Emirates fly to pretty much everywhere in the world, it feels like you're at a UN conference or something - standing in line for coffee with fat Americans, bogan Aussies, Afghans in robes, Africans in traditional dress.

I remember at one point Emirates would offer a free night in an airport hotel if you had an overnight layover of more than 8 hours, but I'm not sure if that's still the case. Though if it's only an 8 hour layover, I wouldn't bother since by the time you clear customs, immigration, wait for the shuttle, check in etc you're only going to get a couple of hours sleep before getting back up to go back to the airport.

So yeah, go for Dubai. I've only been to a smattering of US airports but Dubai is nicer and more modern than all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Notahippie posted:

I kinda think a woman might be concerned about her girlfriend spending any extended period of time in a country where homosexuality is punished by jail time or the death penalty.

That said, the Dubai airport is great and for transit you don't have anything to worry about.

Yeah that's fair enough, although if the OP is on her own and presumably not hooking up with strangers how would anyone know?

But agreed that you will have no problems at Dubai airport.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Not that it helps any (and I'm way late on this), but Emirates' transit hotel is actually outside of the airport - you have to go through immigration to get there.

Assuming Emirates knew they wouldn't have been allowed into the UAE, that may have been why they kept refusing to put them up in a hotel?

• Locked thread