Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
well i think this thread ran it's course

Fatties you are alright by me, because it doesn't matter how much you weigh. You'll be a forgotten pile of dust sooner or later, nothing you do matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTB7k1tVujA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
if obesity is based on income like a lot of people are saying in here, how come homeless people aren't all really fat????

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Took you bastards 26 pages to post fat gifs and next page were back to :words:?

Get some fat-gifs rolling!
(the "f" in gif stands for "fat")

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.

Poetic Justice posted:

if obesity is based on income like a lot of people are saying in here, how come homeless people aren't all really fat????

They do what goons always tell them to do. Push a weight.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

NObodiesGeek posted:

They do what goons always tell them to do. Push a weight.

I swear the pregnant lady that panhandles at the same stop light on my way home from work has been consistently pregnant for the past two years.

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.
It's a weight vest. Under all that dirt she swole as gently caress.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Poetic Justice posted:

Actually I see quite a fair share of severely overweight homeless people. In their case, it's due to having a terrible diet and /or mental illness.

People living on the borderline of homelessness also seldom have access to a kitchen. Earlier some goons were complaining about how people don't know how to cook. Kinda hard if you don't have access to anything more sophisticated then a mini fridge and a microwave.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Poetic Justice posted:

Weirdly enough in the US, the only population group that gets fatter as they get poorer are white women; all other ethnic and gender specific groups get thinner as they get poorer.

(CDC report linked in this post)

I'm not sure why but this doesn't surprise me.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Poetic Justice posted:

lol at anybody answering this like it's a serious question

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

wow this thread just will not die

unlike fat people

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rap music posted:

wow this thread just will not die

unlike fat people

normal peple go from alive to dead. fat ppl go from alive to dead but for a year in the middle theyre soap

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Unlike ugly, fat can 99/100 times be changed, idk why people stick with the idea of being fat as core to their being since you'll never change at that point.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Unlike ugly, fat can 99/100 times be changed, idk why people stick with the idea of being fat as core to their being since you'll never change at that point.

When people get pressed on it, they bring up a laundry list of other issues (the big one being DEPRESSION) as to why being fat isn't too terribly different than how tall you are or what your skin color is.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Wicker Man posted:

When people get pressed on it, they bring up a laundry list of other issues (the big one being DEPRESSION) as to why being fat isn't too terribly different than how tall you are or what your skin color is.

Even depression can be controlled and treated

Fat ain't height or race lol

Is fat a protected class, I could of sworn it wasn't since you can be fired for not being fit enough for duty at jobs.

Don't get me wrong I don't get mad at them for existing but it is a healthcare crisis that needs tackling because of the expensive comorbid chronic conditions.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Even depression can be controlled and treated

Fat ain't height or race lol

Is fat a protected class, I could of sworn it wasn't since you can be fired for not being fit enough for duty at jobs.

Don't get me wrong I don't get mad at them for existing but it is a healthcare crisis that needs tackling because of the expensive comorbid chronic conditions.

Whats the crisis

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Carmant posted:

Whats the crisis

there are too many fats

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

People die at age 79 instead of age 81.. poo poo what are we gonna do

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Bottom line, being fat is bad for your health. If you can't accept that and work to reduce the risk it poses to your health you're a loving moron. Nobody else really has the 'right' to comment on your being a fat tub of lard, but hey, it comes with the territory. If you live a lovely, unexamined life, expect other people to examine it on your behalf.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Hell Gem

Carmant posted:

More like at 67 when they get a case of pneumonia and their body is too fat to handle it and they spend a month on a ventilator in an ICU before getting a hole cut in their neck and getting shipped to a long term care hospital where they inevitably cost the taxpayers $2,000,000 in futile care before they die of an infected bed sore.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bum the Sad posted:

More like at 67 when they get a case of pneumonia and their body is too fat to handle it and they spend a month on a ventilator in an ICU before getting a hole cut in their neck and getting shipped to a long term care hospital where they inevitably cost the taxpayers $2,000,000 in futile care before they die of an infected bed sore.

It's also worth noting that this hypothetical fat person also needed a walker at age 45

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Even if overweight people don't die early, it seems like it would be a quality of life issue. Like yeah, I guess chances are a heart attack won't kill me immediately but if the last 20 years of life are in constant pain or with a breathing device or taking lots of medication every day, I'm sure fat people wish they could have made changes at 30 years to avoid having to do that.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
If obesity is purely a moral failing, are you suggesting that black women, who I believe have the highest rates of obesity in their demographic , are simply lazier?

Is that going to be your explanation for comparatively higher unemployment and conviction rates as well?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I am a slave to statistics.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
I DONT LIKE EM FATTIES, BUT I DO LIKE IT WHEN THEY TRIP AND FALL AND CANT GET UP

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Carmant posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhh

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-study-finds-extreme-obesity-may-shorten-life-expectancy-14-years

you dont see old buttlards

you might think they are old but they just look 20-30 years older than they actually are because of the fat

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I'm talking about obese people not overweight people, stop projecting lol

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Germstore posted:

I am a slave to statistics.

"why can't fatties see the clear scientific evidence that being fat is harmful?"

"pfft, science"

~an idiot

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Bum the Sad posted:

lol there's a five page thread about this this thread by some fat in QCS.

Just visited QCS for the 1st time ever and lmao what a bunch of whiny little bitches. It's worse than PYF, for gently caress's sake.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Bum the Sad posted:

Reading the healthcare stories thread is always an excellent way to stave off the urge to overeat. So many lavishly detailed accounts of enormous fat people dying of their own fatness in the most squalid and miserably unpleasant ways imaginable.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Carmant posted:

What category of obesity do you fit in by the NIH scale? Is there a 4?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I still want some people here own up to the fact that if you are going to make a blanket claim that obesity is purely a willpower issue, not a genetic, economic, or racial issue then by your logic people of a particular race or gender must be lazier right ?

People have certainly beat this drum to explain concentrations of poverty and incarceration. They argued being poor and going to prison are 100% preventable.

Since the claim here is that being fat is not only completely preventable, the fat person has total agency over their choices and chooses to shirk an easy alternative in the form of a healthy lifestyle. I guess that means you're going to hold poor, unemployed and undereducated people to the same standard?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

runupon cracker posted:

"why can't fatties see the clear scientific evidence that being fat is harmful?"

"pfft, science"

~an idiot

More like I don't give a gently caress that thinking fat is bad is problematic for ~reasons~.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

"did you know that by thinking fats are dumb lazy shits makes you racists because *hand waving*" -some fat idiot white dude

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Panfilo posted:

I still want some people here own up to the fact that if you are going to make a blanket claim that obesity is purely a willpower issue, not a genetic, economic, or racial issue then by your logic people of a particular race or gender must be lazier right ?

how fat are you panfilo

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

If you put half as much effort into exercising as you did into these posts...

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
if you tell me to stop eating 6000 calories per day you must be a racist

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LordArgh posted:

Ironically, 1488 calories a day is pretty healthy

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

starting to think the lack of self control and predisposition to mental illness associated with obesity is the same mechanism associated with people still posting in this thread

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

LordArgh posted:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ironically, 1488 calories a day is pretty healthy

you know, 6 million small calories is an awfully big number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
put a sock in it fatso!!

• Locked thread