Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I think people bash fat people to feel better about being poors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Panfilo posted:

No one cares what fat people think.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Germstore posted:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i have a tip for you obese people that is magical. it is not only more healthy then what you are doing now but also about 50% cheaper too. ready for it?

eat half the amount of food you do now

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Germstore posted:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pistol_Pete posted:

Just visited QCS for the 1st time ever and lmao what a bunch of whiny little bitches. It's worse than PYF, for gently caress's sake.

Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom.

WHAT?

They're being mean in GBS.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

"furries are statistically more likely to have mental illness so when you laugh..." no, no, shut up.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Hell Gem

Panfilo posted:

No not really, being a fat and being poor have a pretty good correlation.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bum the Sad posted:

No not really, being a fat and being poor have a pretty good correlation.

my showerhead laks gusto and im getting a bit on he fat side.hrhmmm

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Hell Gem

Orkin Mang posted:

my showerhead laks gusto and im getting a bit on he fat side.hrhmmm

Forgo the shower, get fat, wash yourself with a rag on a stick.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Be fiscally responsible, develop empathy to not treat other people like poo poo.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Panfilo posted:

Wait, you just said it was because their black or something. I'm losing track now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Fat is a trans racial, trans economic, and trans gender issue that offends my visual senses.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Darth123123 posted:

Fat is a trans racial, trans economic, and trans gender issue that offends my visual senses.

The cure for this is empathy.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Panfilo posted:

What am I supposed to feel empathy about? That someone eats so much they are fat and aren't doing anything to better themselves? I'm supposed to empathize with that? No thanks.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Panfilo posted:

My empathy can't shrink your gut.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
That QCS thread is an amazing lard pot

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Hell Gem

ElGroucho posted:

That QCS thread is an amazing lard pot

I know I was looking to see if there was info on the DDOS poo poo and stumbled upon it.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Panfilo posted:

Be fiscally responsible, develop empathy to not treat other people like poo poo.

Ok here goes some empathy.

drat, Im really fat, so this is what this is like. Im gonna exercise and have a proper diet that's not a fiscally irresponsible overconsumption of easy-to-make processed foods. Im glad I did this instead of saying people on the internet are wrong.

Did I do empathy right. I think I put their shoe on my foot.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Its like a guy shooting himself in the foot.

You call him stupid and hes like. WHY ARE YOU BEING MEAN TO ME :qq:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Panfilo has now joined the QCS thread lmao

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Self inflicted gun wounds are stastistically more likely for poor people.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Sorry, I skipped the last couple pages. Did the obnoxious posters manage to convince everyone that, actually, it's a good thing to be fat?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Being a strong-fat is still acceptable, right?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Panfilo posted:

I don't need a cure, fats do. Wtf man.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Carmant posted:

It's wrong to shame fat people.
Yes

quote:

It doesn't help and it's mean spirited.
Agreed

quote:

If you do it you should stop an apologize.
Eh

quote:

There's nothing wrong with being fat and it's really none of your business anyway.
Wrong. It's a health problem and should be taken seriously. Although not a moral failing, it's the result of neglect, denial, and deep seeded emotional issues. It also drastically affects a person's appearance and ability to interact with the world around them. Fat acceptance is nonsense and enables their denial. But shaming and verbal abuse isn't the way either. They are addicts addicted to food and need intervention, understanding, and patience. Only a doctor is truly qualified to accurately determine someone's health. But someone who is too huge to run a mile without stopping is an alarming indicator as well.

Go to the gym and lift. You don't need to restrict what you eat, just stay away from sweets and stick with wholesome nutritious food.

IMO Exercise should be a daily routine like taking a shower or brushing your teeth.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Thing is , you can understand that what somebody is doing to themselves is harmful and still empathize with their struggle. Whether they are eating garbage food and gaining weight, chain smoking, heroin addiction, terrible money habits and so on they are doing something bad and need to change.

My brother used to smoke, and everybody gave him poo poo about it, except me. Now I wanted him to quit just as bad as everyone else but I wasn't about to be condescending about it. I never got addicted to tobacco and didn't know what it was like, so I'm not going to be all "Just put the cigarette down" and be all :smug: that I'm not so weak willed that I have to suck on tobacco smoke just to get through the day. It turned out having someone that supported and empathized with him had a much bigger impact than all the finger wagging ever could. He's been cigarette free for over a year. He might go back to smoking again someday, but i wouldn't want him to beat himself up over it. Nobody can force him to change, he needs to choose to. It turns out treating him like an actual human being instead of a retarded failure had a much bigger impact.

A person that is fat for a long time has given up on the idea of changing. Getting mocked and belittled just reinforces the idea that they feel helpless to do anything about it. Poverty, lovely health care and mental health services compound the problem further.

If you really want people to stop being fat, start treating them as actual human beings and not easy targets of scorn.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Thing is , you can understand that what somebody is doing to themselves is harmful and still empathize with their struggle. Whether they are eating garbage food and gaining weight, chain smoking, heroin addiction, terrible money habits and so on they are doing something bad and need to change.

My brother used to smoke, and everybody gave him poo poo about it, except me. Now I wanted him to quit just as bad as everyone else but I wasn't about to be condescending about it. I never got addicted to tobacco and didn't know what it was like, so I'm not going to be all "Just put the cigarette down" and be all :smug: that I'm not so weak willed that I have to suck on tobacco smoke just to get through the day. It turned out having someone that supported and empathized with him had a much bigger impact than all the finger wagging ever could. He's been cigarette free for over a year. He might go back to smoking again someday, but i wouldn't want him to beat himself up over it. Nobody can force him to change, he needs to choose to. It turns out treating him like an actual human being instead of a retarded failure had a much bigger impact.

A person that is fat for a long time has given up on the idea of changing. Getting mocked and belittled just reinforces the idea that they feel helpless to do anything about it. Poverty, lovely health care and mental health services compound the problem further.

If you really want people to stop being fat, start treating them as actual human beings and not easy targets of scorn.

gently caress my dick you fatman

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Wulfolme posted:

Anonymously making fun of fat people from a distance is always ok though right?

well you can see them from further away

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
shut up panfilo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
But why am I racist?

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Panfilo posted:

Considering 70% of Americans are overweight, I highly doubt that it's the 30%'s treatment of them that they're unhealthy.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Darth123123 posted:

But why am I racist?

A profound need to rationalize your own poor financial economic and educational decisions by finding a convenient scapegoat probably. But it's ok, I can empathize with people insecure to the point of being poo poo posters.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Panfilo posted:

I think you are confusing enabling with empathy

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

KVeezy3 posted:

Considering 70% of Americans are overweight, I highly doubt that it's the 30%'s treatment of them that they're unhealthy.

Of course not; a considerable portion of overweight people are going to rationalize their actions by mocking people fatter than them. Like a lot of people in this thread.

It follows a funny pattern- gay bashers are often secretly gay themselves for example. It makes perfect sense many fat bashers in this thread have a generous helping of self loathing.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

lol at the concern that GBS is keeping new posters away. nothing says den of sensitive diaper babies like somethingawful.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
We all secretly wish to have the courage to give in to our natural urges to eat everything cheesy.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Wicker Man posted:

We all secretly wish to have the courage to give in to our natural urges to eat everything cheesy.

GIVE IN TO YOUR HATE

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Hell Gem

Panfilo posted:

It follows a funny pattern- gay bashers are often secretly gay themselves for example. It makes perfect sense many fat bashers in this thread have a generous helping of self loathing.

Well I used to be a fat, then I decided to stop eating so much, no I am not a fat. I now use a hatred of fats as motivation to keep me from returning to being a fat.

Wicker Man posted:

I only eat cheesy potatoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I think like farts, someone being big and fat is inherently funny. gently caress people that won't allow you to laugh at fat people or fat jokes. I draw the line when it becomes directed at someone and becomes verbal abuse.

• Locked thread