Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

BigwigML posted:

I find that gbs often has the hateful tone of a conservative AM radio station or that one rear end in a top hat uncle on facebook who whines about subhuman leeches and personal responsibility and muh hard earned money!!

is it because goons are getting older?

Young people who are protected from the real world by schools and colleges that provide "safe spaces" and cant understand why everyone doesn't just, like, share their money and its not hard for everyone to get along if they would just all agree with a certain viewpoint, which just happens to be the one they and their friends have.

Then once you get out of school and find out the world mostly doesn't give a gently caress about you and you feel like you work hard and you stress about being laid off with 2 young kids who need school supplies and a corrupt bank executive just got 164 million dollars to gently caress millions of people over while you struggle and then other people (formerly you) who don't have bills to pay tell you that you are a bad person and if only you would agree with their viewpoint your problems would magically disappear and everyone would just be so much happier.

Anyway i got off topic here but the point is that most people are hardwired to find really fat people disgusting on a deep down level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Yes but I feel what a caveman considered fat would be very different from what I consider fat today.

And I mean really fat people, not "normal fat" like most Americans today. The kind of fat where they don't actually sit down, they just stand there and kinda tump over and just hope for the best. The kind of fat where they "need a rest" every 5 minutes even when they're not really doing anything strenuous. The kind of fat where once the shirt goes on a big sweat stain on the back immediately appears. The kind of fat where when they visit you and excuse themselves to use the restroom and come out but leave the door closed you feel a deep deep dread of what lurks behind it. The kind of fat where no matter where they are they inexplicably are still brushing up against you. The kind of fat where they only have two expressions, a constant shame like a sad eyed dog or a fierce proudness as they will stand in the hallway and make no effort to move or stand aside as people walk by. The kind of fat where you see them at a doctors office or hospital or have home medical equipment and you lock eyes and they smile as if to say "yes, i have no job due to my disability of being too fat to work and your tax dollars directly benefit me and paid for this equipment and my health care as well and while I could lose weight and contribute back to society I have no intention of doing so and willfully, habitually continue this unhealthy lifestyle.

Anyway I got off topic here but the point is the easy availability of chocolate chip pancakes has led to a direct decline of the general health of America.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Carmant posted:

You sound like a psycho dude

Not psycho but I am fat

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I sincerely feel sorry for any rotund people reading this thread and realize they are fat and being insulted and are now just sitting in their chair blubbering with tears rolling down their fat faces.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Carmant posted:

Youre not going to accomplish anything by sitting here and feeling sorry for yourself

This was pretty weak Carmant and I feel like you can do better.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

When you saw a man this big in 1903, he was among the fattest men alive.

But for me, it was Tuesday.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I can understand overweight people saying that being fat or skinny is not the sole indicator of how happy your life is but its telling that almost every single fat person who got down to a healthy weight says their life improves in pretty much all respects

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Quote-Unquote posted:

I walk past a school on my way to work and today I saw a morbidly obese woman with her incredibly fat child. Both were wheezing and seemed to have trouble walking the few yards from their car to the school. The school is for kids up to age 6 so :rip: fat kid I guess

This woman probably raises hell when the school tries to implement a no-soda and more veggies initiative

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I have as much as fun as anyone here making fun of fat people on a general basis on the Internet but I would not follow around a fat person in real life and make fun of them, which is what some people seem to think is what's happening.

Although if a girl was just chubby I'd probably try to hit it cuz chubby girls got some big tittays

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

The_end posted:

I count myself in this category.
I also blame them for some post traumatic stress related to lifting fat rolls and cleaning out the funk. I have found everything from a TV remote to an unopened oatmeal cake. The patient wanted to eat the cake after it had been under a roll for an unknown amount of time. I will see a fat person in public and feel nauseated.

Goldmine

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I am 5'7 and 365 pounds and I describe myself as "a little extra" to people

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

A DQ large blizzard can have up to 1500 calories and people will it after eating the 2500 calorie meal. This will happen 2 or 3 times a week in some cases

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Now Im hungry

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I hope obese people lose weight so their health improves but until then I will laugh if someone makes a funny joke. I don't get angry when people make fun of me for being ugly.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I appreciate that but I'm not ugly in the "he's not a handsome guy he's just plain and maybe his nose is big" I mean ugly in a "children weep when i walk by" kind of way.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Dreddout posted:

Hey guys! What's going on in this thre..
:yikes:

This is also my response when I see a fat person

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

They cut out the last shot of the Doctor holding a pillow over her face.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Quit drinking soda if you want the easiest way to drop weight.

Or just drink smaller sodas if you must.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I try to eat a few small meals throughout the day as I find it keeps me from starving and then gorging myself with like 3000 calories at once.

I just make sure to also eat large meals in between the small meals

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

It realistically can't as not all fat people read GBS

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I have gained half a pound for every post in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Even if overweight people don't die early, it seems like it would be a quality of life issue. Like yeah, I guess chances are a heart attack won't kill me immediately but if the last 20 years of life are in constant pain or with a breathing device or taking lots of medication every day, I'm sure fat people wish they could have made changes at 30 years to avoid having to do that.

• Locked thread