Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I don't know why people come out to suddenly defend this topic when we have been making fun of sadbrains for ever. Fats are almost always sadbrains and fit right in with being pointed at like furries bronies and whatever flavor of bullshit tumblr teenagers thought up this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Potatoes are great and get a bad rap over all this starch bullshit. Eat a potato.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Please don't respond to cracker's self loathing about how much a failure they are it really drags these threads down.

Tricky D posted:

Post more delusional fatties.

The good old thyroid excuse (it doesn't kill your metabolism that's impossible)

:owned:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Someone told him to "reset his taste buds" or whtever by eating nothing but potatoes (go potatoes) for a couple of weeks then slowly bring back things like "salt" and "butter" and so on until he wasn't gorging himself anymore and lost his taste for all the bad food.

I mean it worked but it was kinda crazy, but he was 5minutes from death apparently so eh.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

My first post covered it: sadbrains. Its sadbrains all the way down a fat hole

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Fat shaming is totally wrong guys, Tess Holliday posted this on facebook and I agree with her #fatspo brand of body positive feminism.

"Nettles believes the dress code discriminates against his niece’s body type and other children with it. " there's no body type for a 9yo to be that fat, you stupid assholes what are you doing to that kid :catstare:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Reality is a shitlord

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Physics is also a shitlord

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Blitter posted:

It is awesome how many positive posts about exercise and weight control have been made, but I think it's because all the fats have gravitated to the bottom of the forum in the QCS anti fat shaming thread.

I had to go see this for myself holy crap what a bunch of whiny babies.

The forums stomps on things I am/enjoy/whatever all the time and most of it is eye rolling dumb as this is. Plain mean spirited judging from people who don't really have a deep understanding of whatever it is cause I know better but instead of huffing how mean old goons can be I just you know, don't read the loving thread.

Shocker though that a bunch of bitter fatties don't have the self control not to do a thing.

Edit: To draw a parallel gamers aren't all stupid losers in their mom's basements but there are way too many to try and pretend there isn't a lot of busted rear end people within that group. Same here.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 15, 2016

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I mean look at this poo poo. A whole bunch of words for "my friends like me but they aren't attracted to me but instead I'll blame everything else for this instead of taking some responsibility for my actions. Plus a nice dose of shamming thin women lol

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

NomChompsky posted:

Except most of them don't if you live in the real world and not the Internet. Fat people have to live with the limitations their bodies put on them every single day.

They still bitch about it in the real world. Though the problem is they aren't making the connection with stuff like "man my back/feet always hurts" "can't sleep" *is 80lbs over weight, doesn't exercise, etc*

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

Can't I just hate someone? Do I really need a reason? I have hate in my heart and I need to let you all, the gbs readers, know about it.

We do this for a million other groups of people but Fat People are a protected set apparently.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Nobody in this thread bashing fat people sincerely cares for the persons well being. At best it's because of the strain on medical resources, but I don't see nearly as much contempt for mentally ill, drug addicts or poor people who also contribute to this strain.

In spite of what some goons think, societies standards for attractiveness aren't based on medical definitions of obesity. They're much more subjective. That was my point. With media, you can't objectively determine a person's bmi or specific health. So it's up to the viewer, and that is going to vary more than goons believe as well.

Take ten women of equal bmi but different height race and body type and people, based on their own culture, will give wildly different guesses at who is overweight even if all ten turn out to be a healthy bmi.

We make fun of austism/MRAs/Bronies/whatever else that all stem from people with severe mental issues. We constantly poo poo on the people in TCC. I know we've made fun of poor & rich people I just can't think of a specific instance.

But soon as someone goes LOL FATS people lose their minds :shrug:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

NomChompsky posted:

I've never seen this happen nor had it brought up to me unsolicited by a hefty stranger.

The conversion isn't typically about how fat they are but when they're talking about a part of their life being bad that's directly linked to how fat they are. This might not be something you get out of a coworker but my fat friends say this stuff and I go "well yeah, you're overweight and that's going to make that worse" and they typically go "yeah sure" and shrug it away. The answer is staring at them in the mirror but meh can't deal with it.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Carmant posted:

They know that, sometimes people just like to vent about things that are bugging them and aren't looking for solutions. Sorry about your autism.

:eyeroll:

Yeah that's the first thing out of my mouth anytime someone bitches. God drat you're thick

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

This is the good stuff

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Nobody has answered a few questions I've been asking about obesity.

How are obese people treated in cultures where obesity is rare, like Japan or France?

Do you believe wealth or academic success are also easily fixable like people talk about how easy it is to lose weight? Should we have the same contempt for the poor or under educated as you do for fat people? I mean "lol just work more if you're poor amirite? :smug:"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/mar/19/japan

The japanese tell those people to get their poo poo together :lol:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

NomChompsky posted:

I still love that people haven't put together the fact that since obese people die earlier their lifetime health expenses turn out to be on average with normally sized people who live longer.
We don't let our olds die like we should. As in we don't let them choose to die without a ton of hoops

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

That's right up there with the "don't eat before bed" in Not True. Don't eat too much food that's it, that's all it really really is. The rest is all about dealing with the stupid human brain tricking itself.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

It's kinda scary how often people have 0 idea how much they are taking in. Read the drat labels once in a while idiots.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

runupon cracker posted:

Labels lie, in some cases by 25%, which can mean the difference between losing weight and gaining weight.

You're much better off simply not eating foods that require labels... you'll never find one potato that has 25% more calories by weight than another potato of the same variety.

Hold on let me do the math lets see 0 idea units with 25% variance is still 0 idea units of how much clueless idiots have about their intake.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

runupon cracker posted:

you sound like a programmer

Nah you're just a dumb that tried to make a point but it was only partly related to what I was saying so I was like way to miss the point.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

RGBRIOT posted:

That's not what I said at all dude.

I said I ate pretty much next to nil for a year due to financial hardships, then when I started eating normally again, that I gained a ton of weight quickly. Then I asked for clarification on the idea of starvation mode and the possible effects on metabolism since some posters said it's not actually a thing and I wanted to learn more.

If you're going to get lovely about something some one said, maybe make sure you actually know what it was that was said.

You started eating too much food. The End.

Starvation Mode triggers a lot of us into :rant: as it's there but it doesnt make eating normally blimp you up 40 lbs under any circumstance. and it doesnt last for months after you're not starving.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The fact that QCS (ie FYAD) are super unhappy about fat threads is the best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

It's hilarious when Panfilo and fat people I've seen elsewhere try to equate the struggle they have with the world and themselves on the same level as someone who's dealing with racism or virtually anything else. Yes the world is lovely to fat people but not even on the level like they have been about most things.

Less I missed a thing where someone lined fats up against the wall

Edit: also his comments in QCS are as stupid as you'd think they are

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 20, 2016

• Locked thread