Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It may or may not help fat people, but it almost certainly helps not fat people avoid the temptation to become fat people. Think not of the individual but of the community. The fat must suffer for the sake of the nation's health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Carmant posted:

I can eat as much as I want and never become fat, because i just dont have the drive to eat enough to balloon up in weight. My desire to eat will simply never be enough to allow me to get fat and it has nothing to do with my willpower. The same goes for most other in shape people.

Same, but there are actually a bunch of people who struggle valiantly to not give into their fatter impulses, and they pretty much all cite the social/romantic undesirability of fatness as their primary motivation. Same for most reformed fat people. However, shame can be disabling and in some cases maintain the fatward spiral. We shouldn't be all in or all against shame. Shame, like food, should be consumed in moderation in order to maintain optimal health.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

BigwigML posted:

I find that gbs often has the hateful tone of a conservative AM radio station or that one rear end in a top hat uncle on facebook who whines about subhuman leeches and personal responsibility and muh hard earned money!!

is it because goons are getting older?

You've just been interpreting the tone wrong due to the ambiguity of written language. We actually feel childlike love for all people we encounter, in the manner of a dog or someone with down syndrome.

• Locked thread