Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MisterPlastic posted:

This picture is that of Doug Walker aka That Guy with Glasses.
His wife is fat. If he is sexually attracted to her, isn't that all that matters? He knows what he likes. He likes woman who are fat. He does not listen to the ilk of society, he knows what he likes. And I respect that!

Maybe he doesn't like her because she's fat, maybe he can see beyond her fat to how shiny she is?

Some dudes just love a shiny woman.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Germstore posted:

Eat the cookie. Run the 3 minutes. It's 3 minutes for gently caress sake. Move your body you lazy prick.

That's a tiny loving cookie if a three minute run burns it off

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fat Shat Sings posted:

i like how somehow society has flipped to the poorest of us somehow being the fattest

also healthy food is incredibly cheap and anyone that says they don't have an hour to cook a night is a liar.

If this thread turns into goons sharing their best rice and beans slow cooker recipes I hope we all die

Hey everybody, look at this tumblr full of crazy poo poo

http://thisisthinprivilege.org/

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
An obese man has raised 17 thousand dollars to make a documentary about why men don't want to gently caress him

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/no-fats-no-femmes-documentary-lgbt#/

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Germstore posted:

despite having fast food and long hours and all the bullshit we have the japanese aren't fat because they're more collectivist so when the rest of society tells them to stop being lard asses they stop being lard asses instead of screaming "I eat what I want" and shoving another fried pie in their face.

Plus smaller portions, city designs that encourages walking and bicycling, and a MUCH stronger food culture of cooking at home and using fresh ingredients

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth123123 posted:

This sounds like your saying fats are glutinous and lazy.

Don't get me wrong, personal responsibility is a huge factor and obese people who blame their size on outside factors are dummies. But there's a reason Japan never got as fat as America or Australia in the first place

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Carmant posted:

Going to pop on over to the store to get a delicious frozen coke. Only 75 cents for 52 oz. Its a great way to cool down and relax after a long hard day. Its nice not having to count calories. You know what they say, treat yo self :)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a magazine for fat women fashion in Japan called La Farfa

edit: here's a link to their Instagram if you want pictures of overweight Japanese women

https://www.instagram.com/lafarfa.official/

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zahgaegun posted:

Metafilter dot png

Telling overweight women that improvement is impossible, they should give up and stay fat if not grow fatter isn't the least feminist thing I've ever heard. But it's up there.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Carmant posted:

Hey guess what you can be fat and still run as long as you're healthy and in shape.. hopethishelps dude

But it's bad for your knees

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Carmant posted:

Oh wow a joke about mcdonalds. That's really clever and original :kiddo:

If you're really overweight, you should do bicycling or swimming, some sort of cardio that's less stressful to your joints.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bum the Sad posted:

More like at 67 when they get a case of pneumonia and their body is too fat to handle it and they spend a month on a ventilator in an ICU before getting a hole cut in their neck and getting shipped to a long term care hospital where they inevitably cost the taxpayers $2,000,000 in futile care before they die of an infected bed sore.

It's also worth noting that this hypothetical fat person also needed a walker at age 45

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LordArgh posted:

if you tell me to stop eating 6000 calories per day you must be a racist

Ironically, 1488 calories a day is pretty healthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Panfilo posted:

Of course not; a considerable portion of overweight people are going to rationalize their actions by mocking people fatter than them. Like a lot of people in this thread.

It follows a funny pattern- gay bashers are often secretly gay themselves for example. It makes perfect sense many fat bashers in this thread have a generous helping of self loathing.

I think it's a good sign that both sides of this argument are accusing the other side of being fat, and therefore wrong.

• Locked thread