Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i dont surround myself or associate with heroin addicts and i dont associate or surround myself with fat people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I've actually known some fats in my life, they have all been alt-right MRA's

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Anyone who agrees with fat acceptence is an mra piece if poo poo imho and also a small dicked sour grapes virgin

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 13, 2016

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
you have a choice in life, life it constantly content, never growing or facing adversity and stagnating or

:nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab6VHqHHYFs

it's up to you man, nobody else really gives a gently caress. Also, video games are not art.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
kim kardashions fat rear end

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Carmant posted:

It hurts peoples feelings thats not good

you aren't responsible for other people's feelings

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
if obesity is based on income like a lot of people are saying in here, how come homeless people aren't all really fat????

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
i have a tip for you obese people that is magical. it is not only more healthy then what you are doing now but also about 50% cheaper too. ready for it?

eat half the amount of food you do now

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Panfilo posted:

The cure for this is empathy.

What am I supposed to feel empathy about? That someone eats so much they are fat and aren't doing anything to better themselves? I'm supposed to empathize with that? No thanks.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Panfilo has now joined the QCS thread lmao

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Panfilo posted:

Thing is , you can understand that what somebody is doing to themselves is harmful and still empathize with their struggle. Whether they are eating garbage food and gaining weight, chain smoking, heroin addiction, terrible money habits and so on they are doing something bad and need to change.

My brother used to smoke, and everybody gave him poo poo about it, except me. Now I wanted him to quit just as bad as everyone else but I wasn't about to be condescending about it. I never got addicted to tobacco and didn't know what it was like, so I'm not going to be all "Just put the cigarette down" and be all :smug: that I'm not so weak willed that I have to suck on tobacco smoke just to get through the day. It turned out having someone that supported and empathized with him had a much bigger impact than all the finger wagging ever could. He's been cigarette free for over a year. He might go back to smoking again someday, but i wouldn't want him to beat himself up over it. Nobody can force him to change, he needs to choose to. It turns out treating him like an actual human being instead of a retarded failure had a much bigger impact.

A person that is fat for a long time has given up on the idea of changing. Getting mocked and belittled just reinforces the idea that they feel helpless to do anything about it. Poverty, lovely health care and mental health services compound the problem further.

If you really want people to stop being fat, start treating them as actual human beings and not easy targets of scorn.

I think you are confusing enabling with empathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Panfilo posted:

So close, yet so far.

fat shaming feels good to me, i can't control myself maybe if you had some empathy you would understand

• Locked thread