Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

reminder that PSG paid Napoli 65M euros for Cavani

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

return0 posted:

whoa seven nil

its celtic

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

pik_d posted:

Name some world class and available strikers for them to sign

milik

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao benfica loaned a player to beskitas who has just scored a free kick in injury time against them to equalize

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

This guy scoring for Besiktas against his parent club is pretty awesome.

edit beaten

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Giroud probably should have been sent off for that.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Celtic bummed so much that if you cut them open they would look like a Kiev

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
What the gently caress just happened?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Hahaha get hosed both of them

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

GIRPOO

(also holy poo poo, what happened to Verrati)

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol Giroud you loving moron. Whatever. Lol at Verratti.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
What did Giroud do? I couldn't tell from that awful camera angle. Also, was that a straight red? I didn't see the ref show Giroud a second yellow.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

What the gently caress just happened?

Giroud straight up pushed/ran into Verratti well after the ball had left.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Wtf did Giroud do that's worthy of a straight red? :confused: Arsenal should appeal that

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lol rizzoli's a total bastard

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

GIRPOO

(also holy poo poo, what happened to Verrati)

should have been sent off in the first half

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Giroud never deserved that first yellow, Kassai is a nazi oval office

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bellerin is such a bad defender

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

:woop: Arsenal get a point after being insanely terribly awfully bad.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
go arsenal!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Is Verratti dead or what

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

surrender posted:

Giroud never deserved that first yellow, Kassai is a nazi oval office

Be that as it may Giroud basically whinged every time a decision went against him so I expected to see a dissent booking earlier than it arrived.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Still less embarrassing than losing to Gibraltar Red Imps

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

masterclass in defending away from home from arsenal, best team in the world for sure

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal loving suck.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Is Verratti dead or what

he jumped 2 footed into a nasty tackle and was very lucky he missed and only got a yellow card in the first half

it was a proper leg breaker with no chance of getting the ball had he been on target

like this even

Jose fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 13, 2016

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal loving suck.

I don't understand what Arsenal are trying to achieve with their "system", but apparently neither do the players so that's not optimal.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

masterclass in defending away from home from arsenal, best team in the world for sure

top of the table :smugdog:

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Be that as it may Giroud basically whinged every time a decision went against him so I expected to see a dissent booking earlier than it arrived.

he was getting wrestled to the ground by Marquinhos at every possible opportunity, he was right to be mad

1-1 away is a good result, Arsenal bossed the 2nd half after being worthless in the 1st.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
City gonna play at 7:45 PM tomorrow, same as all the other games

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

surrender posted:

he was getting wrestled to the ground by Marquinhos at every possible opportunity, he was right to be mad

1-1 away is a good result, Arsenal bossed the 2nd half after being worthless in the 1st.

1 point gained for Arsenal, 2 lost for PSG. I'd like to believe that this puts Arsenal in a good position to win the group, but of course they'll find a way to capitulate against Basel and Ludogorets.

I'm still puzzled by the team selection. I understand playing Ospina in the CL until he carries the ball into his own net again, but there was no rotation anywhere else. Why not play Xhaka and Elneny in midfield to protect the CBs and ping long balls over the high press from PSG? Why play Alexis up front when the first 3 matches of the season showed he doesn't work there and 2 actual, real forward are available? Why have Ox suit up in anything but the Gunnersaurus outfit?

orange sky
May 7, 2007

btw, biggest upset is coming tomorrow when Sporting Portugal beat RM 2-0

you heard it here first folks

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Will Ronald celebrate?

orange sky
May 7, 2007

trem_two posted:

Will Ronald celebrate?

He'll celebrate all goals in the game. All of Sporting CP's.

BTW Talisca scored and tied the game. SLB fans felt like poo poo for that. Then he goes and one-ups himself by saying in the flash interview that Benfica didn't pay him one/multiple(?) of his salaries.

http://www.zerozero.pt/news.php?id=180973

Lovin' me some dramaaaaa!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Will Ronald celebrate?

Ronald will not celebrate, at least twice.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
lol that bayern match was amazingly boring

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shoren posted:

1 point gained for Arsenal, 2 lost for PSG. I'd like to believe that this puts Arsenal in a good position to win the group, but of course they'll find a way to capitulate against Basel and Ludogorets.

I'm still puzzled by the team selection. I understand playing Ospina in the CL until he carries the ball into his own net again, but there was no rotation anywhere else. Why not play Xhaka and Elneny in midfield to protect the CBs and ping long balls over the high press from PSG? Why play Alexis up front when the first 3 matches of the season showed he doesn't work there and 2 actual, real forward are available? Why have Ox suit up in anything but the Gunnersaurus outfit?

it seemed for all the world like the team for southampton was meant to rest xhaka and giroud for PSG, then neither start. it's pretty baffling.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Just watched the highlights, how did PSG not put at least five past Arsenal? jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Vegetable posted:

Just watched the highlights, how did PSG not put at least five past Arsenal? jfc

Cavani is really bad, OP

• Locked thread