Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

crappledan posted:

Team vs. PSG: Ospina, Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Cazorla, Coquelin, Iwobi, Özil, Ox, Alexis.

welp

watch wenger win 3-0 and then be instilled with the confidence to ride this team straight to a europa league berth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shoren posted:

1 point gained for Arsenal, 2 lost for PSG. I'd like to believe that this puts Arsenal in a good position to win the group, but of course they'll find a way to capitulate against Basel and Ludogorets.

I'm still puzzled by the team selection. I understand playing Ospina in the CL until he carries the ball into his own net again, but there was no rotation anywhere else. Why not play Xhaka and Elneny in midfield to protect the CBs and ping long balls over the high press from PSG? Why play Alexis up front when the first 3 matches of the season showed he doesn't work there and 2 actual, real forward are available? Why have Ox suit up in anything but the Gunnersaurus outfit?

it seemed for all the world like the team for southampton was meant to rest xhaka and giroud for PSG, then neither start. it's pretty baffling.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

this ref is very nearly as abysmal as arsenal

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dead :(

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

bretos parents are cuban, that's just what he sounds like

but on the other hand, YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

Authorities revoked the visa 6 days ago because of his criminal conviction for assaulting a police officer, but PSG thought they could just ignore it I guess?

He's appealing the conviction so they think he should be presumed innocent until his appeal is rejected. I honestly don't know how that works.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gonna have to beat teams like Bayern at some stage if you wanna win the thing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

or someone else beats them and you win the final against scrubs after playing scrubs all through the competition

Don't see a lot of scrubs in CL finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't know if Atletico are scrubs from an Arsenal perspective since they are better than Arsenal.

• Locked thread