Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
I'm guessing an Ospina howler, Coquelin sent off for two yellows, and Alexis not playing in the box like a proper CF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

surrender posted:

he was getting wrestled to the ground by Marquinhos at every possible opportunity, he was right to be mad

1-1 away is a good result, Arsenal bossed the 2nd half after being worthless in the 1st.

1 point gained for Arsenal, 2 lost for PSG. I'd like to believe that this puts Arsenal in a good position to win the group, but of course they'll find a way to capitulate against Basel and Ludogorets.

I'm still puzzled by the team selection. I understand playing Ospina in the CL until he carries the ball into his own net again, but there was no rotation anywhere else. Why not play Xhaka and Elneny in midfield to protect the CBs and ping long balls over the high press from PSG? Why play Alexis up front when the first 3 matches of the season showed he doesn't work there and 2 actual, real forward are available? Why have Ox suit up in anything but the Gunnersaurus outfit?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Just watched the highlights, how did PSG not put at least five past Arsenal? jfc

Cavani is really bad, OP

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Alexis, why?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

C'mon Arsenal, put one of these away now.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Lovely bit of skill from Ozil. Happy that Arsenal at least have a goal on the board while missing these chances for a change.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Nice miss from Alexis

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Poor Basel keeper, hit right where it hurts

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal's lineup is: Ospina; Bellerin, Mustafi, Koscielny, Gibbs; Coquelin, Cazorla; Walcott, Ozil, Ox; Alexis

Wengy's going to run these players into the ground. I'll probably opt to watch Barca/City.

Eh, I think Bellerin, Koscielny, and Alexis could use a break, but that's about it. Dunno if Debuchy or Jenkinson are fit though. This would've been a good chance to play Elneny, Gabriel, and Perez, but I'm glad he at least is giving Gibbs and Ox some playing time while also resting Iwobi.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Ozil, too. Basically all of thebest players.

I'd be wary of Cazorla, Ozil, and Walcott playing, but only Ozil was away on international duty and he played one and a half matches, so not that much. I think it's more important that these players all get rotated over the next matches (Boro, Reading, Sunderland) otherwise we're going to have another case like last season when Cazorla, Coquelin, and Alexis all got injured at the November-December transition and we were screwed for the rest of winter.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Healbot posted:

I'm not seeing any United games.

What is happening guys.

Didn't you get the memo from the PL thread? The Most Expensive Team Ever Assembled™ turned out to just be a second-rate team of underdogs, so they never have and never will play in the Champions League.

Shoren fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 19, 2016

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

(Bravo being a dumbass)

I guess it must be a heat-of-the-moment kind of thing, but it really boggles my mind why players do poo poo like that. It's so much better to just concede the goal from your error than to do something stupid and go down to 10 men. Getting sent off almost assuredly means your team is suddenly playing for the draw at best, whereas you at least have a chance at a comeback with all 11 players on the field.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Just watched the Dortmund-Legia highlights and that was some match. Also liked the 'gently caress UEFA' banner one of the goals.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Hmm... is Boateng just a bad defender or is Azmoun as good as Messi?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

lmao

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Ramsey's in the middle with Coquelin

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

The defender clearly caught Alexis' foot. Of course the loving ref wasn't going to call it but the assistant made the call.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Vintage Koscielny

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Own goal with another important strike!

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Iwobi :smith:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Lol Ludogorets scored

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Can't wait for the Arse to draw Bayern in the next round

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Ludogorets restore their lead :D

This is great, PSG equalize then almost immediately get pegged back again.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

News from UEFA

This checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Of course it's all rigged jfc it's run by uefa

It's like all the corruption dealings with platini and infsntino and poo poo didn't happen for some people

No one wants to talk about someone in Paris cupping some warm balls, that's all.

• Locked thread