Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Comedy option, put DOHC VTEC stickers on the doors and or an E2000 badge for the trunk then go to a meet and play dumb.

Awesome swap. I think it will be fun as hell once it's going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Sucks the plug is busted but they're easy to depin and find replacements for.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Do you plan on running an aftermarket ECU? I know you can get AIM and Racepak to display data straight from the ecu if you're running hondata. Not sure if it works with the s2000 version of kpro though, most of my experience was with the s300. I think AEM's stuff is compatible too but I'm not positive for this application. If it does work it's really nice because most of what you'll want is there with no additional sensors. Oil temp and pressure would be all that's really missing. Aftermarket stuff like a wide band will pass through too. You can also set conditional alarms so if RPM/throttle is greater than X and oil pressure/air fuel/ etc is less than Y it will start flashing.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

TWSS posted:

Since you guys are on the topic, anyone have a notion of which units are compatible with hondata?

Last one I did was an aim dash on an s300. If I remember right you need the v3 daughter board. It's got to have the rs232 output built in. Looks like the kpro is the same but I don't have personal experience with it.

Wiring and setup was easy.

Checking the help file says racepak and motec are the same. Once again no personal experience though.

Edit: s2k uses a modified kpro for all your hondata needs. No clue if it'll work out of the box though.

Edit 2: 2000-2005 only, no drive by wire. Those can use flash pro but rip dash.

honda whisperer fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 18, 2017

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Looks good. When you get it back do you have any more major choke points or just assembly, wire, and plumbing?

• Locked thread