Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Mini update as I'm horrible at having a thread.

Installed wheel, quick disconnect stuff then did a test fit of the seat. It fits but just barely, this cage was not designed for a halo seat and anyone taller than me. Not to thread in the master cylinders to make sure seat distance is correct but it felt pretty good.

Also tossed in one of the Ground Control race camber plates.

I see that you've trimmed the lip on the shock tower a bit. Was that required for those plates or just something to make the more extreme (EXTREME!) settings easier to get at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

NitroSpazzz posted:

That's my plan. Have some 1" x 1/4" bar stock I'll cut to length then make a few holes in it. Quick coat of paint and while it won't be pretty it'll work fine.

Tried to salvage the throttle pedal assembly last night but the bushings are shot and some of the stuff is bent up. I'll still be able to use the :krad: gas pedal but need to probably just order all new parts for all the pivot stuff. Would be lying if I hadn't thought of picking up a 3-pedal box but the one I have will work fine for now.

May see if I can simplify it slightly but I'm probably better off leaving it alone.

Three pedal boxes aren't that expensive and give you a lot more options as you're building your hydraulic systems. Honestly probably less of a pain in the dick for you to do it now rather than adapting your circuits to one later when you change it.

Yes, I'm enabling a bit, but also this is an actual race car so you might as well avoid trouble down the road :)

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

NitroSpazzz posted:

To add another option to the mix I talked to someone this morning running E46 M3 rear rotors and calipers, all that's needed is a bracket to mount the calipers. Seeing as calipers can be had for ~$200 a set (all four) and rotors are under $100 a pop this might be the way to go. Waiting on a reply for more info on the brackets.

I have a set of CSL front and rear calipers that I took off the Z4M, already upgraded with brass guides, complete with braided stainless lines. PM me if you're interested, I will cut you a super Goon deal on them. :)

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

My pleasure! Can't wait to see the brakes and the rest of the car come together.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

A3th3r posted:

i love the idea of a "DTM M3" but I feel like what I would probably do is get an ecu flash & a tune up for a few hundred bucks & call it a day. But yeah you keep at it with the modifying of the vehicle

Wrong subforum, wrong thread, wrong thinking, wrong is fun to say repetitively because it kind of sounds like I hope this car does on a flyby (“wwwwrrrrrrroooOOOngggg”).

:frogout:

• Locked thread