Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Phone posted:

Yeah, I haven't looked for it personally, but there are options out there.

It's becoming a common Miata swap and is already common in S2000s, so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So, going off those numbers...does a modified F20 really make less power than a Focus ST and barely more than a FiST?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Not really comparing, just shocked that it's so low. And I guess I'm broken, but the S2K was a fairly boring drive to me (sublime handling and transmission, mind) with it's power delivery.

I guess I'm just more baffled that it's THAT wound out than anything else.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
But see, I enjoyed the E46 M3. I loved that motor.

Cars are weird and I'm glad they make lots and lots of them.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BlackMK4 posted:

Yeah, probably because the S54 is pretty linear in stock tune :) Getting rid of the artifical VTEC bump is pretty life changing for the F20C. S54 with the CSL intake is probably in the top 5 best sounding motors ever. :love:

Agreed whole heartedly. That motor is one of my favorites to drive, and the chassis as a whole was great fun.

But sadly the tax on them now is just crazy for the issues they also have :(

• Locked thread