Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Why not a K24? Same HP, significantly more torque, less trans/diff bashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The fast S2K guys put K motors in when their F series gives up the ghost. I think it's only a few hundred bucks to squeeze more power out of it, and since it's going into a race car, the exhaust is a gimme.

Good stuff, though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

PaintVagrant posted:

I assume some sort of adapter plate exists to convert the k series to an f series trans?

Take those savings and put ITBs on the k series :flashfap:

Yeah, I haven't looked for it personally, but there are options out there.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh yeah, uh... Do some math on the steering rack placement. You really don't want to move the steering rack if it'll change the handling for the worse.

Back on the K24 train, this might be of interest of people around here: http://www.miataturbo.net/engine-performance-56/k24-miata-dyno-testing-headers-cams-more-90561/

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BraveUlysses posted:

jesus christ

i started exploring some of the swaps that miata guys are doing and the LFX swaps really look like they're a great bargain, especially compared to the cost of the honda swaps.

e: i misread LFX as LFA, nm

I don't see anything on MT about it, and that's where the fast Miata guys are. There's always the Ecotec!!!! (nooooooooooo)

Phone fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mekilljoydammit posted:

Check the engine performance section, ThePass is doing one.

MT is an interesting thing. There's a lot of technical expertise there, but I feel like there's a lot of "big fish in a little pond" going on. When the fastest turbo Miata lap at Laguna Seca I've found (Bob Bundy's big turbo car) is about part with Matt Reynold's EProd Miata it makes me scratch my head a bit. And yes, I full well admit it's getting into a dick measuring contest with someone else's dick when I'm nowhere near as fast as either, but still.

With MT you just gotta pray that someone knowledgeable swings in and that Vlad/18psi doesn't find the thread.

It's kind of hilarious now that half of the forum is NA and they're faster because of it.

• Locked thread