Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/1308-are-dry-sump-system/

Why not this? Kill two birds with one stone - no oil starvation issues and the steering rack can stay in the same spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

mekilljoydammit posted:

I've gotten decent at sifting out poo poo from actual facts on internet forums by now. ;)

... and there's a reason I'm building a rotary Miata instead of a turbo one. Well, a lot of reasons.

It can be like digging through mountains of poo poo looking for the pieces of corn.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

I'd be lying if I said this thread doesn't make me think long and hard about doing my M52B28 swap in e30, especially since I think this is one of the best motors ever made. Then I remember I bought an airplane and have to keep that flying and am subsequently poor and should probably just stick with the complete swap I have sitting in my garage. :smith:

e: truly the Whitest of Whines.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

M52 is a great engine for a daily driver E30, likely what I'll throw in when I build my DD E30 in a couple years. Unless I go diesel...I really want to go diesel.

Yeah, that's basically where I'm at with it. It's a second car, so reliability isn't a 100% concern, but I would like minimal headache. Also, I've already got basically everything all ready to go to do the swap, I just need to get on and start doing it.

Besides, I don't think I could sell everything for enough money to even buy the Honda motor anyway, so it's a moot point.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

Surprised this didn't get archived so bumping it again. Nicer weather has had me doing little things but mostly on the other vehicles so far.

Put new shocks on the F100, helped the vibration a little but it's still bad. Next step might be to go through and replace all the front end rubber...I may hire that one out

re: the vibration - are all the bearings in the U-joints good? That would definitely cause vibration.

• Locked thread