Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
My gym is a former TLI-affiliate with the scammiest most mcdojo looking website (think random bold underlines, italics, yellow highlights) ever but the owner's a legit BJJ black belt under Fabio Holanda and our competition team brings back a fair number of medals every competition. I just show people the facebook page instead of the website whenever someone seems interested in hugging their fellow man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007

Xguard86 posted:

Anyone know anything about the martial arts scene in Toronto? I might be commuting up there for work. Downtown area

I'm primarily a BJJ guy but down for judo or really anything that I can fit in the schedule.

Seconding Open Mat, good coaching staff and very solid competition. Super convenient if you're staying downtown.

Would also recommend Toronto No Gi (http://torontonogi.com/) if you want to venture up midtown. It's about 15 minutes north of Open Mat by subway and as it's name states it's a No Gi gym. Great place if you want to play around with all sorts of leg locks.

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
Go vintage 1990s Brazillian. Top off. Black speedo.

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
Being a male ballet dancer would be an incredible base for any martial art.