Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
I read the last thread years ago, and it finally dug in deep enough that my wife and I have started muy Thai.

It feels so drat good to have the instructor behind the heavy bag telling you what you are doing wrong after every kick, then finally, finally landing an okay one with much more power than before. That little grunt and the word "better" breath life into my drat soul.

E: spent a half hour today just doing kicks with another instructor, he hits like a train. Thought he was going to flat out knock the bag off onto me when I held it for him.

The bits of meat to the left and right of my shins are sore as hell from getting so much walloping in. Hips and knees are pretty happy though, so I know I at least didn't do any real damage.

Muy Thai is way more fun than I even imagined.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Sep 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
How did I miss that multiple times

I guess I'm taking very Thai, now.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Instructors finally trust us enough to do pad work with a partner and let me tell you that was a bad idea for my wife. She's strong as an ox but not accurate at all, so I just took a full power push kick to the dick and balls hard enough to throw me off my feet.

The wave of nausea came on so fast that I puked in an Arc throwing it behind me as I fell.

I have a feeling ill be her sole partner from now on :cry:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
I'm familiar with a paddle and rope, but cbt is just a bridge too far friend

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
finally got a cheap heavy bag set up from christmas, but the drat thing still moves around with 200lbs in its base.

it feels really good to wrap up and beat the everloving crap out of a bag again.

I think I'd like to get back to classes once my conditioning comes back, does anyone have any suggestions for a gym that would cater to later classes than most? starting at like 8pm for muy thai or boxing, with a possibility of something more ground based a couple days a week in the norfolk/virginia beach area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
sadly it's a standing heavy bag, so no tire shenanigans. I'm probably going to just dump water into it to fill all the space between the grains of sand and pray i stop knocking it over when i hook it