Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

"I never met a monster I didn't like"

Ive been doing Boxing and Kickboxing twice a week for a bit now and am looking to add an extra day of some grappling/ground work somewhere.
My possibilities here are Greco Roman Wrestling or BJJ, i'm leaning to the latter which i'm assuming would be the best for learning chokes, armbars and so on ?

There's also a place here where they teach kali/eskrima which seems to have both punch and grapple work involved. Anyone have experiences with this or is it more bullshido/choreography type of stuff? Flailing around with sticks and knives seems like it could be kind of silly fun tho :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

Looking for a product reccomendation : groin protectors ( i live in europe if that matters because i will probably have to order it online)

A few weeks ago i got kicked in the groin while wearing a shock doctor bio flex cup, and it hurt. a lot.
So i'm looking for something that's a lot tougher while not immobilizing me too much. I've been looking around online and seen some of these thai steel cups, any idea on those ?

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

Bo Staffs!

I've recently got interested in learning how to smash and twirl a stick around, but since there isn't any place around here for miles that works with them i'd like to try to pick it up on my own for fun.
Now i've already searched in youtube for a bunch of tutorials and there are many but i was wondering if anyone else had any experience or specific videos they could recommend.

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

Closest thing we have to that is a Kali group that meets once a week, but that doesn't match up with my working hours.
The other things you mentioned aren't really around my town here (central Belgium) and i'm already starting at a new gym for Muay Thai and mma 3 times a week. So not really looking to join another gym. It would've just been something fun extra for at home. But thanks for the help!

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

Free standing boxing bags!

I'm moving to a new place which has a tiny (but big enough for home practice) outside space, there's a wall but the landlord won't allow for drilling holes in it; so hanging bags are out of the question. I'm aware most free standing bags will move around during use.
Anyone have some recommended brands /things to look out for (central europe/intended for continuous outside use) ? I mainly do Muay Thai and i've been wondering if a bob/human-shaped type free standing bag would be worth it (especially for training aim and precision)

Thanks!