Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.
So I tried to get back into MMA training about 3 weeks ago. First class I strained a forearm (still not back to full), second my shin somehow found my partners knee when I was getting body slammed and it still hurts to walk. Going back to the doctor tomorrow for that.

I haven't been back to the MMA classes yet since I got bronchitis in the mean time, but I'm kinda thinking about picking something a little less intense. I care more about lifting than martial arts, overall. There's a traditional dojo that's fairly cheap, no contracts, and well respected that I can go to. I've visited in the past and liked them. They offer all sorts of classes, so I could easily do something like karate during the week and judo/jiujitsu over the weekend if I want to. Or go to some kobudo/iado classes to dance around with weapons. I'll feel like a bitch giving up on the MMA stuff so quickly, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.
I'll put my vote in for team cross-train. Especially rowing on the erg or (high resistance) interval training on an elliptical. I've found that they carry over quite well to grappling and are very easy on the body.