Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I learned today that I'm very bad at kicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I came in from judo and started a striking style about 6 months ago and said the exact same thing. Way, way better now. Not sticking your face right into someone's hook, that's the hard part.

Yah. There's Muay Thai class after the BJJ class I was going to ordinarily. So, I decided I should learn some striking. I will probably never have a fight of any kind as long as I live, but if I do, a little kick punch will help me.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Learned how to do a spinning back elbow in muay thai class. I was too much of a coward to mention the judas effect.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Novum posted:

Afraid someone gonna stab you in the back when you spin, huh?

haha, no there's a pro wrestler named Chris Jericho who does a spinning back elbow as one of his big moves and he calls it the Judas Effect because in wresting stuff hurts more when it has a gimmick name. I just assumed nobody in my class would know about pro-wrestling. And if a bunch of mixed martial artists asked me who my favorite wrestler was, I'd have to tell them it's the worst UFC fighter of all time.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If someone is able to escape their arm from my armlock attempts in kesa gatame, I turn it into an anaconda vice if I can. I don't really know the finishing mechanics so I just do that for my own amusement. So that should inform you about my doing prograps in bjj, and also who I meant by favorite wrestler/worst fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I wondered if the bots knew. It's pretty funny that they did.