Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Have you ever punched a heavy bag at a bad angle, accidentally landed on your pinky and dislocated it? Very difficult to do when wrapped. Isolated fingers vs fingers that you can't separate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

it’s important for everybody to know that i’m a gamer at all times

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Scissor takedowns (which I love) are safe as long as you do it correctly and the other guy is static. As soon as the other guy starts moving the injury risk goes up and if he tries to defend against it the injury risk goes up again. Danaher did a really detailed demonstration of the risks on that ‘Train Safe’ thing, which BJJFanatics released for free. He spends like 20 minutes explaining how and why the fall can go wrong, and proposes an alternative movement that achieves a similar effect without those risks.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Aren’t you in brisbane? I’ve got some top king gloves and shinpads in good condition that I haven’t used for 5+ years. Free if you want ‘em.

02-6611-0142-1 fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jun 9, 2023

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

We have a private facebook group, and we do have a club app for class bookings/schedules/memberships etc, but you can just use an ipad when you walk in the door to track attendance. Nobody needs to download it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

BJJ or judo sound perfect for you. Climbing gives you great grip strength for those sports. Judo is usually a bit more serious and athletic, BJJ is usually more chill and hobbyist, but those things will vary from gym to gym.

Check out what gyms are near you in those two arts and do trial classes at a whole bunch of them until you find a vibe you like.