Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
I am seriously considering taking some MA classes, and a big reason is because they scare me shitless, and I want to learn discipline in the face of adversity. I feel the need to be pushed far outside my comfort zone and I can't think of a better or more direct way to do it. Thinking about BJJ classes in my area because I don't want to get punched in the face intentionally. Good enough reasoning? I am a skinny fat goony goon and I feel embarrassed even thinking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Novum posted:

As long as your comfortable being terrible at it for like at least a year then you will be fine with just a little diligence and work ethic

Yea definitely, I doubt I'll ever be seriously competitive, but as long as I can learn and grow I'm all for it.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'm gonna take some free classes at a few local gyms! :ohdear:

I can live with a few bumps and bruises and I have zero ego. But for me this is like going back to school with all the other bigger stronger guys who chose me to show off on. Going into a public place and surrounding myself with perfect strangers is hard enough, and I'm about to juxtapose that with a kind of physicality I've always avoided. Wish me luck!