Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Haven't watched this in a few seasons is the format still the same? Team A loses a person Team b loses a person for 4-5 weeks. Someone gets sent to the other team and vice versa. Then the teams are combined. And it comes down to a man and a woman. The drama just wasn't good enough when you could figure out half way through each episode who was gonna be cut. There were rarely if ever any lopsided victories for any team. It ALWAYS came down to the wire for everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

You're like 100% wrong in that post and there have been several seasons where either the blue team or red team are just so incredibly bad that people keep dropping like flies while the other team hasn't lost anyone.

I stopped watching after season 8 or 9.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

You're like 100% wrong in that post and there have been several seasons where either the blue team or red team are just so incredibly bad that people keep dropping like flies while the other team hasn't lost anyone.

Ok so you were right looking at wikipedia but it always felt like red team or blue team lost by one thing on the point challenges. It was rarely if ever lopsided. I don't care enough to deep dive google if that's true or not.

Also having what seems like the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet compete is boring. I'd rather chopped caliber of chefs or actual competent chefs. I think they actively go looking for idiots who won't last.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

Well you're right that during challenges he tries to steer it into being decided by one point, and its really obvious he does that lol. I think most of the people seem like idiots because they're all home chefs with little to no professional cooking experience.

That and they have gordon screaming down their neck and are on tv. I also read somewhere producers pick a few "good" ones then they find ones that are entertaining.

You guys ever notice how Ramsey goes into super dick mode for his American shows vs his UK shows. He seems a lot nicer on kitchen nightmares in the uk.

• Locked thread