Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Cast: http://www.syfy.com/znation/cast/3

Trailer: http://www.syfy.com/znation/videos/z-nation-season-3-trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Here is hoping the show turns into the Doc & 10K explosive zombie comedy hour this year.

This means they are both dead.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Wait did they introduce Sun Mei in season 2? I can't remember her..

Also is the normal time 9/8c, after the 2hr premiere?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Johnny Truant posted:

No, she's new and yes on the time, according to TV Guide.

New Episode

No Mercy

A new enemy presents new problems for the heroes in the Season 3 premiere.

Pretty spoileriffic synopsys there Syfy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
No profile for Doc's hustler friends? For shame.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country

:black101:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
This show is legit way better than any other zombie show. I am hype for this.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Error 404 posted:

This show is legit way better than any other zombie show. I am hype for this.

Yeah, the first episode I saw was White Light because of how it was described as a non stop action movie but what hooked me was the scene at the end where Addy beats up Murphy after Mack's death. Most other shows would have her go 'YOU KILLED HIM, I HATE YOU' and spend the rest of the season having them bicker and get people almost killed in their antagonism drama.

Here there is just silence when Roberta asks where Mack is and everyone knows what's up. Murphy knows his selfish poo poo got Mack killed, Addy knows that Murphy did not want to kill Mack and she lashed out in her grief. A few episodes later the group needs to split up and Addy goes with Murphy without any drama because these characters are grown ups in a harsh situation that need each other.

CeeJee fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Sep 15, 2016

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

I think rules-wise you're in the clear, but you may want spoiler tag this for any new folks who come in here. I know some folks get upset about that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

gently caress that, we're not spoiler tagging poo poo from a season ago. People can either catch up or deal.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

She is probably from the sub and is part of the reason 10k survives.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CeeJee posted:

Yeah, the first episode I saw was White Light because of how it was described as a non stop action movie but what hooked me was the scene at the end where Addy beats up Murphy after Mack's death. Most other shows would have her go 'YOU KILLED HIM, I HATE YOU' and spend the rest of the season having them bicker and get people almost killed in their antagonism drama.

And when this kind of drama does happen with another character (10K after Cassandra) it's because he's a teenager with an established history of shutting out his emotions instead of dealing with them, and even then it only lasts a couple episodes.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 15, 2016

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I like this show and am excited to watch this show again.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

DVR is set!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
This shows fast pace and creative zombie deaths/usage/world has completely ruined me for other zombie shows. Bring on the new season!

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I can't get enough of the concept that THE ASYLUM of all things has created a zombie show that is in all ways superior to what is I'm pretty sure still the number one rated show on television. For a bit TWD was the top rated, anyway. Not sure if that still held.

Almost makes me want to watch some of their movies.

Almost.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
im so hype my dudes

also hoping we get a cheese wheel update

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Mortanis posted:

I can't get enough of the concept that THE ASYLUM of all things has created a zombie show that is in all ways superior to what is I'm pretty sure still the number one rated show on television. For a bit TWD was the top rated, anyway. Not sure if that still held.

Almost makes me want to watch some of their movies.

Almost.

If you ever get to the point that you want to watch their movies, just don't. This is one of those rare instances of someone who normally fucks up every single thing doing something just right.

I think it's because they're not on a deadline like with the movies. Toss in no expectations of actual quality and a willingness to go crazy, and somehow it just works.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I'm just glad to see that Mexican dude has joined the main cast.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

seaborgium posted:

If you ever get to the point that you want to watch their movies, just don't. This is one of those rare instances of someone who normally fucks up every single thing doing something just right.

I think it's because they're not on a deadline like with the movies. Toss in no expectations of actual quality and a willingness to go crazy, and somehow it just works.

They have made some good b-films

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

seaborgium posted:

Their movies are ok when they know they're making stupid garbage and revel in it, like the Sharknado movies.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Also depends who they got to schlock it up in the movie. I love me some Steve Gutenberg.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

GreenNight posted:

Also depends who they got to schlock it up in the movie. I love me some Steve Gutenberg.

They need to get him for a guest spot in z-nation. I dont care what they do with him, just get him.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

el oso posted:

I like this show and am excited to watch this show again.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode - 2 hour season premier

No Mercy

The gang protects the town against a new enemy.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

GreenNight posted:

New Episode - 2 hour season premier

No Mercy

The gang protects the town against a new enemy.

Oh great, now I can't stop thinking of the Its always sunny in Philadelphia cast in a zombie apocalypse.
The gang cultivates a new strain of Z-weed.
The gang vs the Z-nado.
The gang finds the Liberty Bell.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Charlie: "Z in the wall, ehhh?!"

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Murphy: We'll split up. What's the worst that could happen?

Title: Murphy Turns Cass Into a Zombie.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

flashback episode???? what does it mean doc?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
That kid better have a boomerang

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo: @ Docs shirt.

"That's what Cheese Head"

I feel like it's a nod to the cheese wheel.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

CAW!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Oh my god, Murphy is carrying Lucy around in a cooler.

It is amazing what kind of fun a zombie show can have when the characters are actually competent. Compared to FTWD and TWD where people are as dumb and ineffective as the plot requires, instead of making threats more interesting to challenge a skilled group. Or just letting them slaughter some stuff to a cool rear end intro.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 17, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

Oh my god, Murphy is carrying Lucy around in a cooler.

i'm pretty sure they had this in one episode last season.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Feeeeeeeeed herrrr

5K :allears:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just for reference, this 'flashback' must happen between episode 5 and 6 of season 2. Episode 5 is when the baby is born and Murphy gives her up in Episode 6.

So they are somewhere in the Midwest as they are near Springfield Il in Episode 6.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Just for reference, this 'flashback' must happen between episode 5 and 6 of season 2. Episode 5 is when the baby is born and Murphy gives her up in Episode 6.

So they are somewhere in the Midwest as they are near Springfield Il in Episode 6.

nice pin pointing. i didn't remember he only had the baby for 2 episodes.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
If I know the apocalypse...and I think I do :smug:

f/e: helmet heads, nice

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Oh that is just metal :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington