Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

that Aftermath show looks very Z Nationy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Mr Hootington posted:

that Aftermath show looks very Z Nationy

I think the shot of a burly dude in a pink dress standing behind a machine gun sold me on checking it out actually.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo: at the Mans list. Why does he need to carry a paper with just one name on it?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

TMMadman posted:

:laffo: at the Mans list. Why does he need to carry a paper with just one name on it?

"Wait, was I looking for a parachute? Damnit, I can never keep this in my head. Let's see. Oh, nope it was a person. That's right. Now where did he go?"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

JossiRossi posted:

I think the shot of a burly dude in a pink dress standing behind a machine gun sold me on checking it out actually.

same shot did it for me too.

plus The Man! he is a great villain.

poor 10k. :( finally gets lines and look what happens.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Season 1: Liberty Bell takes out zombies.
Season 2: Cheese Wheel takes out zombies.
Season 3: Giant ball of zombies eating zombies takes out zombies.

That was a grisly improvement on what threatened to just be a running gag.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Show def. seems to have started on a more somber/grisly tone than last season. 10k blend, Murphy ascending a throne that actually might work this time, Warren & the gang down and out...but at least Resident Zero might be getting laid soon!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Citizen Z's number one fan is hilariously deadpan. And Misery references are always good.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

This show is loving awesome. Sucks about 10K though.

E: Murphy missed a prime I'M THE CAPTAIN NOW line.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 24, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

rear end in a top hat murphy always owns

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Pretty baller premier. Setting up the entire season and making poo poo interesting. It amazes me how fresh this show feels.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mr Hootington posted:

plus The Man! he is a great villain.

Villain? I think you mean hero.

#TeamTheMan

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

nooneofconsequence posted:

Villain? I think you mean hero.

#TeamTheMan

The man has no eyebrows, QED, villain.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TMMadman posted:

In the next episode the Man drives out into the wasteland but realizes he mixed up his grocery shopping list with his hitlist.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I was an idiot and thought his list was 3 people - just one name for each person.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Best Murphy rear end in a top hat move was when the family whined about missing their father and he then opens a door to let the zombified father back into the building.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

etalian posted:

Best Murphy rear end in a top hat move was when the family whined about missing their father and he then opens a door to let the zombified father back into the building.

IIRC he stole their water right before that too.

It was just the most casual evil doing.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Loved the failed attempt at turning the tables on the soldiers.

"Thought that was going to go a different way."

And the soldier double death fakeout.

Good, good poo poo. At this point I've dumped TWD and FTWD for the one true zombie show.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I am so glad this is back. 5K and the crows... man it got real dusty in here for a moment.

Ep 2 affirmed everything that is good and right in the Nation of Z, and Murphy's sly "You've stopped counting" scene was :perfect: . They even managed to subvert the hostage reversal trope and do it in the funniest way possible. Doc tugging on the dude's knife was great.

The way this show has improved, and the way the actors interact with fans on twitter feels almost like a personal thank you to those of us who sat through the first three episodes, scratched our heads then gave it one more shot anyway. Then wouldn't shut up about it on forums and facebook and twitter. Seriously it's great.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Disco Ball Grenade is pretty great.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I laughed at the Chinese soldier limping after being disco balled in the shoulder.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Caedus posted:

Murphy's sly "You've stopped counting" scene was :perfect:

That's when I started worrying about 10K. :ohdear:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

tomapot posted:

At the start when 10k was like "I'm not coming with you" but got on the cart anyway I was like wait what wtf? I guess I just couldn't imagine Murphy actually turning him but then you hit the stopped counting scene and you're just :ohdear:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Tokubetsu posted:

At the start when 10k was like "I'm not coming with you" but got on the cart anyway I was like wait what wtf? I guess I just couldn't imagine Murphy actually turning him but then you hit the stopped counting scene and you're just :ohdear:

Not only do they need a cure for the Z virus they need a cure for the M(urphy) virus.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

tomapot posted:

For me it was when he ran away, but looped back and ended up at Murphy.

Gotta say though, Murphy deciding to make a slave civilisation with himself as king is pretty much pure evil. Hate to say it but The Murphy Must Die.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Vitamin P posted:

Gotta say though, Murphy deciding to make a slave civilisation with himself as king is pretty much pure evil. Hate to say it but The Murphy Must Die.

Lobotomize him and use him for blood harvesting

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Vitamin P posted:

yeah this turned Murphy from a bad good rear end in a top hat to an evil character.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Mr Hootington posted:

yeah this turned Murphy from a bad good rear end in a top hat to an evil character.

The bad good guy who stole food and water from a mother and kid then unleashed a zombie on them. He was never good.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Murphy's always been an evil gently caress. Its just always been muddied a bit by his relationship with the crew and the other eviler fucks intent on using him to take over the world. Now he's just eliminated that dichotomy and decided to become the world conquering despot himself.

I thought the 10K reveal was weird because it seemed super obvious Murphy had turned him from the start. They dropped half a dozen hints but by the time he's taking shots at his friends instead of saying "Hey guys! I'm alive!" what other explanation could there be? Even if you didn't get it at him not being able to run away from Murphy or getting in the truck when Murphy tells him to, I can't imagine anyone was surprised when we saw the bite.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wonder if it's significant that he bit him on the neck instead of the face like everyone else.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assume it was just done that way so they could do the reveal at the end of the episode.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

and if the others had seen it they would have blown murphy away

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Z nation is rarely subtle.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Fair enough.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

I actually like Murphy's path right now. Yeah he's being a total douche he is still Murphy. However, in a world that has nothing going for it, he is now trying to build something. Considering the world is over, and there isn't any societies growing and thriving. He is totally being a dick, but this is pretty much Murphy trying to be a hero. He just doesn't give a poo poo who he sacrifices on the way.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I'm kinda unhappy with the 10K half-zombie reveal. I'm hoping Doc will eventually pseudo-science up some kind of 'cure'. I don't want him to go the way of Cassandra.

Also, anyone know if Vasquez will be reappearing this season? I liked him in season 2, but his outro was just kinda meh. I'd like it if he came back.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

JossiRossi posted:

I actually like Murphy's path right now. Yeah he's being a total douche he is still Murphy. However, in a world that has nothing going for it, he is now trying to build something. Considering the world is over, and there isn't any societies growing and thriving. He is totally being a dick, but this is pretty much Murphy trying to be a hero. He just doesn't give a poo poo who he sacrifices on the way.

He's a great anti-hero especially how he lets his sense of self-preservation drive his decision making.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I kinda wish he didn't turn 10k too, Murphy has always been a dick but he usually has a soft spot for the gang. Cassandra was already bitten so it made sense with her.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I doubt 10K will be turned for the rest of the series. I'll be a mission to cure 10K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

I kinda wish he didn't turn 10k too, Murphy has always been a dick but he usually has a soft spot for the gang. Cassandra was already bitten so it made sense with her.

I guess he wanted his own mind controlled super sniper.

Also lolling at how he abused the turned soldiers, like mind controlling the soldier into carrying the extra suitcase

• Locked thread