Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I want Elvis to stick around for a few episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
They'll probably show up again with Sketchy the Arms Dealer.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Invalid Validation posted:

I want Elvis to stick around for a few episodes.

Same. I loved the way he called him Doctor Hippie.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I was assuming she was going to. Was surprised when she just bounced.

That always seems to happen. They interact with new characters nearly every week, and they never decide to stick around. The last new guy I figured would join up was Wrecking Ball, but then he just disappeared after the episode (mmmmmmight have been implied Cassandra was going to eat him).

I mean, I like that the group isn't Walking Dead-levels of bloated, but some new blood every now and again couldn't hurt, even if it was just 'we'll stick with you until we get to an outpost/town'. When Doc had to perform the brain surgery with the drill in the Zombnado episode, I figured those two might stick around at least for a couple episodes. Again, nope. 'Just drilled into your skull, you're good to go!'

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

LadyPictureShow posted:

That always seems to happen. They interact with new characters nearly every week, and they never decide to stick around. The last new guy I figured would join up was Wrecking Ball, but then he just disappeared after the episode (mmmmmmight have been implied Cassandra was going to eat him).

I mean, I like that the group isn't Walking Dead-levels of bloated, but some new blood every now and again couldn't hurt, even if it was just 'we'll stick with you until we get to an outpost/town'. When Doc had to perform the brain surgery with the drill in the Zombnado episode, I figured those two might stick around at least for a couple episodes. Again, nope. 'Just drilled into your skull, you're good to go!'

One thing that is nice that the show is open ended enough (and goofy enough) that characters can always come back to join up. You can definitely tell that when the show first started they wanted the main cast to rotate out a lot more than it wound up being. Thankfully, they stopped killing off people because they struck upon a really run group of actors/characters.

However, while they don't kill people off as often, they are definitely letting things change. A lot of shows just keeps their characters the same, but here we're seeing Murphy turn into a leader (ok and evil leader, but I still think his egotistical dream of ruling the wasteland is better than humanity going extinct entirely) and 10K being bitten and honestly probably has a death timer going for him. Fortunately the show hasn't stagnated like TWD.

Jesus Louise
Jan 4, 2007

They're coming to get you, Barbara.
They seem to be keeping Hector and Sun Mei, but who knows for how long. After they Ned Starked Garnett in Season 1, I expect NOTHING from this show but a crazy ride.

I kinda hoped Auntie would stick around, though. Or Murphy's batshit babymama, she was fun.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jesus Louise posted:

After they Ned Starked Garnett in Season 1, I expect NOTHING from this show but a crazy ride.

Yeah whenever I've rewatched that episode I'm still like drat, that was cold, unexpected AND awesome. RIP in peace, Garnett.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

Welcome to Murphytown

Lucy's existence is discovered by "The Man"; and the gang are reunited with 10K, who informs them all about Murphy's growing army of devoted followers.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

GreenNight posted:

Lucy's existence is discovered by "The Man"

:aaaaa:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Zombies used as scent hounds. Awesome.

Mormon scent hounds :haw:

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
And slick suits for everybody!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Hugs for 10K

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Vasquez talk followed directly by Red Hand evidence. I really hope Vasquez went totally nuts and assumed Escorpion's mantle.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Steaks and corn for Murphytown and crickets for team Bitemark. Nice contrast.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

it is definitely vasquez.

also 10k is back in the network!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

this magicians show looks very dumb everytime.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

rapping

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
That's not my daughter you idiot :smug:

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
This is a really good episode. Brains, rappin', band back together, The Man.

Thumbs up.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/DavidMLatt/status/792182705962229760

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The Man coyote'd his way out :aaa:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

yes the ending was great!

next week looks good too.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

That was an amazing ending and the preview looks goofy af

bou
Aug 3, 2006

during the very last scene i could here Murphy in my head going "and that's why they call him The Man".

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kaya got flow!

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
That was a really good episode and proof the show doesn't need gimmick zombies to stay entertaining.

No way it's not Vasquez. Which is a really good way to use the character after his mediocre existence previously. Having a season long setup for a character and then turning them evil would be great.

And Jesus is Keith Allan dapper as all gently caress in his suits, but this week's was top notch.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I love this show.

The eskimo family cracks me up.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Great episode other than not inoculating The Man again.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

wormil posted:

Great episode other than not inoculating The Man again.

The Man gained my respect this episode, holy poo poo.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's my fav character now!

https://twitter.com/znation/status/792041854229483520

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Mortanis posted:

And Jesus is Keith Allan dapper as all gently caress in his suits, but this week's was top notch.

In my mind that's what his contract holdout was about. Not more money, more badass suits for Murphy!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

Election Day

Doc and Addy run into old friends while looking for Lucy on the road

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The preview for tonight looked real Dumb, I can't wait.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

The preview for tonight looked real Dumb, I can't wait.

I love this bloody show. As an aside, this was in the WD thread. Posting this in vain hopes someone who works on Z Nation reads this and incorporates it into this show. Only Z-Nation could pull this off and make it awesome.

John F Bennett posted:

I hope the show goes completely off the rails as time goes on. In season 18 I want to see a revived Roman Empire throwing legions at Greek hoplites somewhere in the Midwest.
Season 23 will see caravels from New Spain arriving on the beaches of Florida.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
10K and Addy touch up each other's eyebrows :3:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, hey, look who showed up!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Thurston Howell :haw:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

president of wall drug

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
A rival Drumph appears :aaa:

EDIT: So is 400 Days just Ascension only with the exact opposite twist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

2 trumps on the stage. only the cockroaches survive.

• Locked thread