Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
~Musical interlude~

Solid political satire/social commentary going on this ep.

e: :synpa:

Erghh fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Politics as usual :v:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

good job whoever called it first

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mr Hootington posted:

good job whoever called it first

Yay Vasquez.I assume his one condition for rejoining the group and taking down Murphy will be Hector's head

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Haha, holy poo poo, that Walking Dead dig.

"I thought you said this garbage fire was dead!"

"I don't know what happened, I saw the Z's take him down by the dumpster! Nobody could have got away from that, nobody!"

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I knew from Bill Clinton's Actual Limo and "Breakfast is the most important drink of the day" this was gonna be good one. Not disappointed.

I got the Wall thing, obviously, but is there some metaphor for Giant Holes that I missed? I felt like I should have gotten a joke there.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Skeezy and Sketchy might be my favourite side-characters ever and the Addy and Doc roadtrip was fun as hell. Great episode!

Caedus posted:

I got the Wall thing, obviously, but is there some metaphor for Giant Holes that I missed? I felt like I should have gotten a joke there.

It might be a stretch, but it could be a nod to World War Z (from Wikipedia):

In South Africa, the government adopts a contingency plan drafted by apartheid-era intelligence consultant Paul Redeker. It calls for the establishment of small sanctuaries, leaving large groups of survivors abandoned in special zones in order to distract the undead and allowing those within the main safe zone time to regroup and recuperate.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

DarklyDreaming posted:

Politics as usual :v:

They reference so many other shows.

"Hey if I don't come back, kill Lannister."

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Which man was Hillary?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I love this show but a lot of things felt so forced. Prez Trump and his fake hairpiece, The Wall, Lannister, etc.

I still liked it, but it felt over the top even for Z Nation.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Na, they occasionally have one-offs that are basically joke episodes.

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

GreenNight posted:

Na, they occasionally have one-offs that are basically joke episodes.

If anyone asks we were nowhere near...

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The hole idea was obviously superior.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No one asked, where are all these prisoners that are gonna be in the holes? Is there a prison population that someone is watching?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Just caught up with the new season. I was originally afraid that they would slip after the pretty amazing second series, but so far this one has been even better. Unbelievable that the piece of poo poo Fear The Walking Dead show got ten times the number of viewers as this, it's like a Lifetime Original movie vs. Mad Max.

E: Also gently caress yeah, Sketchy & Skeezy!

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 6, 2016

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Showing the Z flag and not having it for sale is a lot stupid. My daughter wants one for Christmas and it's not even real.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Can anyone find or cap a still of the flag without the syfy bug and Up Next: Van Helsing, wall paper size obviously?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Can anyone find or cap a still of the flag without the syfy bug and Up Next: Van Helsing, wall paper size obviously?

This is the best I have.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

wormil posted:

Showing the Z flag and not having it for sale is a lot stupid. My daughter wants one for Christmas and it's not even real.

Some flag shops will do custom orders. Since someone else posted a pic of it, a place that does customs could probably hook you up.

E: Or look for an Etsy seller.

E2: Here's an Etsy seller: https://www.etsy.com/listing/103606...CFZBLDQodh88DSw

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Some flag shops will do custom orders. Since someone else posted a pic of it, a place that does customs could probably hook you up.

Thanks. Actually I sell print, including flags and can have one made easily (and probably will). It just seemed really dumb to tease a bit of merch like that and not have it for sale immediately after.

edit; that was surprisingly easy to recreate. I'll send it off and have one made and report back with a pic. I'll get a smaller one, probably 18" wide or something, maybe a tad bigger.

wormil fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 11, 2016

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Heart of Darkness

An inspection of Murphytown by Warren and the others, who end up deciding a bigger army is needed to extract Murphy.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
This new guy is Doc's long lost son isn't he?

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Forget the suits. Citizen Z's sweater is where it's at.

edit: like holy poo poo :stare:

Erghh fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 12, 2016

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Holy poo poo :stare:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Awww, man. :smith:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Goddamn, that was a good episode.

It's pretty incredible the way this show can pull of tonal shifts like last week and this week while still being firmly consistent.

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
Sucks they killed off Hector :(

Amazing episode though.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I really liked Vasquez imitating Hector's voice, also that while the thread had guessed he was the leader of the Red Hand but the show played it with a light touch for most of the season.
I'm really sad to see Hector go I was really enjoying him.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Did we watch the same episode where Hector wakes up at the end?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

Did we watch the same episode where Hector wakes up at the end?

If he did I missed it. I thought he had a spasm and then they said, "It didn't work" "He didn't turn".

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

JossiRossi posted:

If he did I missed it. I thought he had a spasm and then they said, "It didn't work" "He didn't turn".

The last seconds of the episode had Hector wake up with weird eyes. So he's probably some kind of superzombie now.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

DarklyDreaming posted:

The last seconds of the episode had Hector wake up with weird eyes. So he's probably some kind of superzombie now.

I am ok with him being either Anti-Murphy or the Final Boss of the season. Figures I managed to get distracted at the very end.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Some kind of smart zombie.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
It'd be a pretty good way to end the show having Hector provide the cure.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

wormil posted:

Some kind of smart zombie.

Zombies with intelligence? Have you ever met one? I can't believe I am hearing this kind of nonsense. Frankly, I find the idea of a Z that thinks offensive!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

DarklyDreaming posted:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Hector woke up in like a weird after scene that came after the episode seemed to end. It was quick and easy to miss.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Funny TWD callout, something like "I've heard of baseball bats being wrapped in barbed wire but not whole Zs"

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

ozmunkeh posted:

Frankly, I find the idea of a Z that thinks offensive!

Well, too bad! We're in this war for the species.

tomapot posted:

Funny TWD callout, something like "I've heard of baseball bats being wrapped in barbed wire but not whole Zs"

It's a pretty badass idea actually. Wrap your Z's in concertina wire and turn them loose on enemies.

Sent this flag to be printed, ordered 3. Material isn't 100% decided yet, told them to call me since I sent it while they were closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

tomapot posted:

The one with the postal service dude saying something like "you'd have to be an idiot to get killed by these walkers!" was loving solid.

• Locked thread