Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
My personal started getting calls from random numbers about an hour ago, I'm up to 36 missed calls so far. The other guys in the office are reporting similar. Did my Google Voice number get sold to ISIS or some poo poo??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
My Google Voice page is full of people 'calling me back' and asking who I am and why I'm calling them. This is legit weird... 6 more calls since I started typing this :(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm making a lot of new enemies this day:

quote:

Call me for what the f*** you. Call me before hanging up. What the f***.

quote:

Please STOP calling me. I am not interested in whatever you are selling.

quote:

Hey, don't call my f****** phone again. Thank you. Bye.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

maybe stop calling people op

Harsh... but fair.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Up to 65 GV messages, I'll post any good/mad ones when I get back to my cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
93 new voice messages 115 total this afternoon. It will be an interesting afternoon when I finally sit down and listen to them all, at least it seems to be slowing down now.

quote:

Yes, somebody just call me from this number and after I told them to stop calling me because he kept having the wrong number. Please like it. If somebody could take this number off your all's mailing list cuz the person you're trying to get a hold of no longer has this number, and I've had this phone number for 7 years. Thank you.

quote:

Yes, you called my home. I don't know who you are. I have the name that comes up as adams and I have no idea what you are.

quote:

Who is this

quote:

You know it's rude to call somebody and hang up on him. I'd like for somebody to call me back. This is diana ---- my phone number is 913 --- ----. Thank you. Bye.

quote:

What is this

quote:

Yes, this is Julie ----. I just received a call in regards to Wyndham, and I wanted to say that we did. We were told that we would get some free shows in Branson and stay at the Windham. And they took $200 out of our credit card, but we never buy need further information. And I don't know if this is what you were talking about or not, but if you could please call me back at 319 --- ----. Thank you.
Looks like I'm not the only one getting scammed :downs:

quote:

Who's this ?

quote:

Who dis

quote:

It's your mamma. What are you up Mike?
My name isn't even Mike...

quote:

Not sure why you're calling me.

quote:

My number is 229 --- ---- please do not call me again. Thank you.
Let's say I really was a telemarketer, why would this ever work?

quote:

Hi, Mark, it's Mom. You must have called me, and I didn't get to the phone in time so call me back. Bye.
This one is from Alabama, not my momma.

quote:

This is an cold coffee. Call me back again.
'Cold call' is probably what he said.

quote:

Can't talk right now...what's up?
Wait, what?

quote:

Call me back (HEAVY)
What are you trying to tell me with that parenthetical Google Voice Voicemail Transcription Robot TM

quote:

You called me. I'm returning the call. What do you want?

quote:

I don't know who's calling. You have to call back and let me know bye.

quote:

You called me. I don't know what you want.

quote:

Hi, this is Michael. I just got a call from this number. I don't appreciate that you hung up on me without giving me a okay or consideration that okay. I will take you off. The do not call list so I do not appreciate that so the next time you call me. I will be wanting to talk to your supervisor, and I really appreciate it. Thank you. Bye. Bye.
Do people really believe the old 'let me talk to your supervisor' thing would work on scammy telemarketers?

quote:

Hello. Hello. Hello.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkfpi2H8tOE&t=83s

quote:

I don't know who you are. Why are you calling? My house? I mean my telephone number. I don't know who you are.

• Locked thread