Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Spurred on by discussion in the Week 1 Aftermath thread, I thought we could have a thread to discuss the worst games we've ever seen (pro or college). The only criteria for posting a game here is you have to physically have seen some of it. No posting a game from 1927 that looks horrible just by looking at the box score.

My entries:

Philadelphia Eagles - 0, Seattle Seahawks - 42, December 5th, 2005

I have literally never seen my team look worse. Koy Detmer played in relief of McNabb and threw for only 84 yards. Our top running back was Ryan Moats who couldn't even rush for 30 yards. It was also on MNF and I watched the whole thing because I hate myself. I cannot find any video or gifs from this game and it's probably better that way.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200512050phi.htm

Miami Dolphins - 0, Pittsburgh Steelers - 3, November 26th, 2007

The infamous punt stuck in the mud game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w

A game so bad that the post-game highlight reel featured no actual football:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxWMI5M-Xl4

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200711260pit.htm

Other People's Submissions

Cleveland Browns - 6, Buffalo Bills - 3, October 11th, 2009

client posted:

That game was drat bad but it's got nothing on browns- bills 2009, which is easily the worst game ive ever seen and possibly the worst game of all time.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200910110buf.htm

There are actual videos highlights of this game lying around on youtube. Let's watch Trent Edwards get sacked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QlQFLTQhuk

Yeah. That was bad.

Arizona Cardinals - 6, New York Jets - 7, December 2nd, 2012

Ozu posted:

Those look like semi-professional quarterbacking lines.

12/2/12 NEVAR FORGET :911:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201212020nyj.htm

Also known as the game that broke David Jacoby's brain: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/bqbl-a-running-diary-of-the-jets-cardinals-quarterback-failure-clinic/. The article is amazing enough that I'm quoting it here in full.

David Jacoby posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, this year’s BQBL Bowl is over. It wasn’t the BQBL points scored in the Jets-Cardinals game that made it special. There’s no way to appropriately quantify this brand of failure, no stat that captures how terrified each quarterback was, and no metric for embarrassment to measure what happened in New Jersey on Sunday. There is just the film. Let’s go to the tape.

Jets (Sanchize and Greg McElroy) 84 points, and Cardinals (Ryan Lindley) 65 points

In anticipation of this column, I rewatched this entire game. I had my eye on it and everything Sunday, but when a game like this is played in front of cameras and microphones, and it’s your job to bask in the ineptitude of quarterbacking failure, you would be a fool not to savor these performances. Also, as I mentioned, there’s no number that can capture the experience of watching these men attempt to move the football forward. The most dynamic part of this adventure from kickoff to final kneel-down was tracking the tortured reactions of both the play-by-play team of Thom Brennaman and Brian Billick and the Jets fans in the stadium. I now present to you a running diary, of sorts, of the 2012 BQBL Bowl. No lie — I might go back and watch it again.
Pregame Banter

Thom (on Sanchize): “The final five weeks is just an audition for him to keep his job.” (Read: The next three quarters are just an audition for him to keep his job.)

Sideline reporter Laura Okmin tells us about a cold-tub conversation Mark had with his dad: “Mark, you have been imagining throwing winning touchdowns since you were a boy. You didn’t imagine throwing those interceptions, did you?” (After the game, I’m sure Sanchez Senior looked at his phone and saw “Incoming Call: Mark” and hit “Ignore.”)
First Quarter

Brian: “When we sat down with Ryan Lindley and the Cardinals coaches, they talked about his calm. There is a fine line between being calm and being so new that you don’t know just how bad things are.” (REMEMBER THIS; it may come up later.)

14:54 — As Ryan Lindley takes the field, Fox puts up this graphic:

I’m guessing there aren’t many Lindley family members in the production truck.

14:21 — Lindley connects on a deep sideline pass to Fitzgerald. Perfect throw. (Lindley confidence building …)

13:05, Thom — “Lindley throws too high and too firm for Stephens-Howling.” (This was probably his seventh-best throw of the day.)

12:06 — Sanchez takes the field. At home. Without even touching the ball yet …

12:06, Jets fans — BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ten seconds later, Thom — “Mark Sanchez back to pass on first down, just lobs it in the air, and it is intercepted by the former Jet Kerry Rhodes. So a poor decision on the very first pass of the day by the beleaguered Mark Sanchez.” (Sanchize throws blindly off his back foot in the face of pressure. I swear he didn’t even look to see if it was picked; it was a foregone conclusion.)

11:58 — “What? You want to talk to Greg? Fine, he’s right here.”

11:58-10:07 — Cardinals run play doesn’t work. Cardinals run play doesn’t work. Cardinals run play doesn’t work. Cardinals run play doesn’t work. (You start to get the feeling that coach Ken Whisenhunt realizes his quarterback is terrified. It’s a good feeling.)

8:03 — Sanchize makes a great throw to Cumberland for 24 yards. (Also, who is Cumberland?)

6:28 — Sanchize makes a great throw to Schilens deep, but he drops it. (Also, who is Schilens?)

5:42 — Sanchize ducks under a sure sack and completes a pass to Stephen Hill for six yards, which sets up a 46-yard field goal. (Sanchize confidence building …)

5:20 — Field goal attempt doinks off the upright.

:38: Brian (after second Sanchize interception) — “This should have been a reception, but he overthrow it. Kerry Rhodes, all he had to do was play center field and wait for the ball to come down to him.” (“ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS PLAY CENTER FIELD AND WAIT FOR THE BALL TO COME DOWN TO HIM!!!!!!!!” BWHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!! There is nothing I can add to that. Sorry, one more time: “ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS PLAY CENTER FIELD AND WAIT FOR THE BALL TO COME DOWN TO HIM!!!!!!!! BWHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!” OK, I’m done.)

Jets fans: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Second Quarter

13:30 — Sanchez takes a sack.

Jets fans — BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

11:30, Thom — “11:30 to play until halftime … no score.” (You know how it isn’t what you say but how you say it? Brennaman might’ve said that, but what he meant was, “If you have other options, you should watch another football game. If you don’t, you should clean the gutters or something.”)

11:04 (Before snap), Brian — “The Cardinals have been very active in the middle of the line, Thom. I expect them to pick that pace up on a second-and-medium or particularly on a third down to see if they can force another turnover by Mark Sanchez.”

11:04 (After snap) — Patrick Peterson makes an amazing interception on a slightly underthrown ball from Sanchez. Guess who doesn’t care how amazing it was? Jets fans.

10:53 — Lindley nearly intercepted on batted pass.

10:47 — Lindley not intercepted, or even nearly intercepted, on a handoff to Beanie Wells.

10:01 — Lindley intercepted.

This graphic goes up to summarize the offensive efforts:

Thom — “The last nine combined pass attempts: one completed pass, five incompletions, three interceptions. In fact, we have nine completed pass attempts in this game, four interceptions.” [Shocked.]

Brian — (Silence … like, four seconds of silence.)

9:47-8:25 — Sanchize moves the ball … three yards in three plays. Field goal unit takes the field.

Jets fans: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

8:25 — Field goal attempt doinks off the upright.

Thom — “Still no score in the Meadowlands.” [Frustrated.]

Brian — “So the beat goes on …” [Amused.]

7:23, Jets fans — “MAC-EL-ROY, MAC-EL-ROY, MAC-EL-ROY!” (I swear it kind of sounds like “LET’S GO HOME, LET’S GO HOME, LET’S GO HOME!” I know I’m the boy who cried wolf with this stuff, but when I first heard it, I asked myself, “Are they saying, ‘Let’s go home?’ ‘Let’s go home’ is the best anti-home-team chant I’ve ever heard.”)

7:23 — Announcers make no mention of this chant drowning out the stadium. I have no idea why this was not mentioned.

This graphic goes up:

The Jets had four drives that totaled 14 yards. You sitting there reading this, if you had 12 plays, could you get 14 yards with QB sneaks alone? Probably not, but you thought about it a bit, didn’t you?

7:23-2:38 — Sanchize gets a couple of forgettable first downs before the Jets eventually punt.

1:11 — Lindley’s play inspires Brennaman to finally break down and stop making excuses for him: “I gotta be honest with you, Brian, and Lindley is only a rookie so it is not taking him to task — Sanchez is in his fourth year — but this is about as ugly and as inept a game offensively as I can recall in a long time.” (As he is saying this, Cardinals fake punt for a 40-yard gain.)

Brian: “Well, here is your chance. This is what you have to do …”

:33, Thom — “Well, I gotta tell ya, Brian, they are nowhere within even five yards of completing a pass on the last five to seven attempts that they have made throwing the football.” (Brennaman is broken at this point. There is a 75 percent chance he is shirtless and chugging a bottle of Wild Turkey in the booth, calling the game while he gets a tattoo.)

Brian (attempting to maintain some sort of professionalism) — “Yeah, I feel your pain.” (I think he’s talking about the tattoo.)

0:00, Thom — “We have actually a scoring chance for the Cardinals. First of the game. Aaaaand whaddya know? We go to halftime with POINTS ON THE BOARD.”
Third Quarter

14:56 — Sanchez throws a pass away.

Jets fans — This was more of a chatter than a boo. Like the sound of everyone in the stadium asking the person next to them if they should leave to beat the traffic.

13:53, Thom, as Lindley takes the field — “You heard Laura relaying her conversation with Ken Whisenhunt, and he was saying, ‘You know, we will find some of the things that Lindley is comfortable with.’ Is there anything that you saw from this Arizona offense that you think Lindley is comfortable with?”

Brian — “Yeah, turning around and handing the ball off.” (Yes, he really said that. I can’t write jokes that funny.)

13:53-4:48 — A slew of terrible passes, penalties, depression, and a swell of anti-Sanchize sentiment.

13:53-4:48, Brian, after Jets fans get especially vocal about their distaste for Sanchize — “It is at the wrong time of his career. You either stay with him and ride it out, or, the question for both of these franchises is a matter of ‘What are we going to do at the quarterback position?’ It doesn’t matter who wins this game. I think…one of these teams will win this game.” (HE IS GENUINELY QUESTIONING IF SOMEONE WILL WIN THE GAME! HE ISN’T KIDDING EVEN A LITTLE.)

13:53-4:48, Thom, after another errant Lindley pass — “And this is back to what we saw in the first half. I mean, the Cardinals are five to seven yards away from completing a pass…”

Brian — “Ryan Lindley doesn’t even know what he is seeing. We talked about earlier. It is one thing to have calm in the face of pressure. It is another thing to be oblivious to everything around you in the fog of war.” (OBLIVIOUS TO EVERYTHING AROUND YOU IN THE FOG OF WAR!!!!! Is this Hemingway?)

4:48 — McElroy takes the field.

Jets fans — Whatever the sound of 70,000 orgasms is, this is it.

3:15 — McElroy misses deep. Jets fans turn on him.

1:53 — McElroy scrambles to sideline. At the sideline, he lowers his shoulder and draws a late-hit call. (Note: this was by far his most important and successful play of the game.)

Fourth Quarter

15:00 — McElroy rolls right and throws to Cumberland for a touchdown. Sanchize celebrates. Tebow, oddly, doesn’t even take his hands out of his pockets. You know something is wrong when Tebow is apathetic. Also, do you think Tebow broke his ribs playing football? Or did God take them to make women?

Jets fans — Actual, honest-to-god, non-sarcastic cheering.

14:49-1401 — Lindley incomplete. Lindley incomplete. Lindley complete for three yards. Punt.

14:01 — Shonn Greene runs for 3 yards.

13:25 — Greene runs for 1 yard.

12:32 — Kahlil Bell checks in for the first time in the game. Kahlil Bell fumbles.

10:51 — Lindley throws 15 yards away from a wide-open Fitzgerald. There is a pause because this is normally where Billick adds analysis. There is silence for 10 seconds. It has to be noted here just how badly Lindley is missing throws. You honestly wonder if he slipped, or if he was targeting someone else, or if this is some sort of performance art.

10:39 — Cardinals kick a field goal. It’s a one-point game.

10:31-9:12 — Three and out for McElroy, during which there is the inevitable mention of Tom Brady taking over for Bledsoe and the inevitable booing from Jets fans.

9:12-8:02 — A three and out makes the Cardinals 0-15 on third downs for the game. 0 for 15. Marinate on that for a minute.

7:55-end of the game — McElroy leads the Jets on the most unimpressive eight-minute drive in the history of football. It may or may not have included two crucial penalties on Arizona.

Now that we’re a couple of days removed from this performance, all the talk is about who Rex Ryan will start next week. What we really should be talking about is what happened this week. Ryan Lindley averaged 1.7 yards per pass attempt. Mark Sanchize threw three interceptions in his first nine attempts. Both offenses combined for 24 first downs. I’m burning a DVD of this game and putting it in my file cabinet just so I have it for the BQBL archives. Get at me, Smithsonian.

Chicago Bears - 3, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 6 - October 24th, 1999

TBeats posted:

I went to this doozy in 1999

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199910240tam.htm

At least we won I guess?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

2 3:02 Buccaneers Martin Gramatica 34 yard field goal 0 6
4 2:24 Bears Chris Boniol 28 yard field goal 3 6

There were no points for literally half the game :stare:

This game is too old for me to remember but jesus christ it looks horrible.

New York Jets - 3, Washington Redskins - 0, December 11th, 1993

Dr_Strangelove posted:

I watched this game end-to-end. I didn't have much going on in December 1993. Worst NFL game I've ever seen. Maybe the worst football game I've seen, period: NFL, college, high school, USFL, XFL, arena, UFL, you name it.

New York Jets 3, Washington 0

:stare:

Never mind this one looks worse.

So yeah. Everyone post your favorite bad games. Video "highlights" encouraged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311023005

This one was pretty awful. Cleveland 6 - Seattle 3

Tarvaris Jackson and Marshawn Lynch were both out for this game, leaving Charlie Whitehurst starting at QB. Leon Washington almost won the game for the Seahawks with a punt return TD but it was called back. The very next play, Clipboard Jesus threw a pick. It Sucked.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I just realized all of these games are available on NFL Game Pass.

Im gonna get drunk and watch some terrible football this weekend.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

OxySnake posted:

If you're suicidal you can ask for help.

We won't judge you.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the 59:30 of that brandon stokely game before the brandon stokely play was somehow worse than the brandon stokely play itself

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I was at the Jets/Cardinals game and I swear the entire crowd turned into Statler & Waldorf. It went far beyond sarcastic cheers on a completion. We were actively laughing at each and every throw.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

OxySnake posted:

Sadly only the ones from 2009 on. If you find any other "gems" let us know.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Does it count if I left at halftime?

In 2007, the 0-9 Miami Dolphins came to Philadelphia on a rainy, miserable day. Donovan McNabb seemed determined to drill the ball through the turf. He completed 3 of 11 passes for 34 yards and 2 interceptions before leaving in the 2nd quarter with an ankle injury. AJ Feeley then came on to throw another interception. Tedd Ginn Jr. ran a punt back for a touchdown along the way and the Dolphins were headed towards their first win with a 7-3 lead at halftime. I was cold and wet and just said gently caress it and left.

After I left, Andy Reid apparently remembered he had Brian Westbrook on the roster and fed him the ball for a 17-7 win.

passing stats:
John Beck: 9/22 for 109 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
McNabb/Feeley: 16/30 for 150 yards 0 TD, 3 INT

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Worst game I've seen on television was definitely that Cardinals-Jets one, yeah.

Worst game in person was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnCmVAuv14.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I should also note the first ever game I went to was the Marino fake spike and demise of Pete Carroll as Jets head coach. I've seen some poo poo man.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

2008 Auburn vs. Mississippi State
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbFypMKns8w

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't think of any right now

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The worst game i've ever seen.. as a Chargers fan, the game against Cleveland in 2012

This was when they were coming off being absolutely humiliated by the Broncos during their infamous comeback on MNF the previous week, and so they'd come out and completely drub the Browns, right? The game was played in a total monsoon and I swear both teams were actively trying to lose. The final score was 7-6 with the Browns winning. The only two memorable things of that contest was Robert Meachem whiffing on a game winning TD pass (maybe the worst FA signing of the AJ Smith era.. that guy was loving garbo) and Rivers standing on the sideline with mustache that made him look like a particularly assholish cop.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
2014 Alabama/Arkansas was like getting acupuncture from the wrong side of your skin

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I've seen plenty of bad, but the worst one I've been to was last season. Bucs 45, Eagles 17. The Doug Martin game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791668

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUXl5VxWWl8

My girlfriend bought me tickets to this game for my birthday. The highlight of the game was the tequila we snuck in.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 14, 2016

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
That loving LSU/Bama BCS game where LSU crossed midfield for the first time like halfway through the 4th quarter.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I was there for both Browns games listed and don't remember either due to beer. Also the bills-browns snow game which was the coldest I have ever been.

go browns, you miserable fucks

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

axeil posted:

Sadly only the ones from 2009 on. If you find any other "gems" let us know.

The only other one off the top of my head is the Vikings v Giants MNF game from 2013.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013102100/2013/REG7/vikings@giants#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap2000000267813&tab=recap

Josh Freeman: 20/53 190 Yards 1 INT.

It did give us this masterpiece though.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The only two Bears games I've ever been to involved Cade McNown and Jonathan Quinn.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
The Redskins lost to the Bills 23-0 in Toronto in 2011, and started John Beck at QB. The team had 24 rushing yards in total.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011103007/2011/REG8/redskins@bills#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A09000d5d823a26c0&tab=recap

One of the many nadirs I have experienced as a Redskins fan.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
2013 - Week 7
Minnesota Vikings @ New York Giants

Josh Freeman: 20/53 3.6ypa, 190yds, 0td, 1int

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'll do live because I've seen a lot of games.

Last year's Texans at Panthers was one of the most godawful games I've ever watched, for a weird reason: this game was 3 hours and 45 minutes long.

The main reason? Ryan Mallet went 27/58.

Ryan loving mallet threw the ball 58 times. 50 of them were to the hole in the field from luke kuechly getting concussed the week before. If he'd been in this game, he'd likely have set the record for interceptions in a game. Instead, the Texans moved down the field as slowly as possible. The typical drive was incomplete, 6 yard pass, incomplete, 4 yard pass.

The game just would not loving end.

In 2002, the soon to be world champion bucs came to Charlotte and played the randy Fasani led Panthers in the loving rainy mud. The game turned on a Warren Sapp reception (yes, reception) in the fourth quarter. The final score was 9-12 tampa.

Randy Fasani was 5-18 for 36 yards and 3 interceptions.

Of course the Cardinals at Panthers 2008 playoff game but thats for different reasons.

I'm sure I'll think of some more. Those are the first three that jumped out to me.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
This is maybe the worst Jets game I've ever watched, given the actual stakes involved (2008, week 16 against the Seahawks)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281221026

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 14, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The past 2 seasons of titans football

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

FizFashizzle posted:

I'll do live because I've seen a lot of games.

Last year's Texans at Panthers was one of the most godawful games I've ever watched, for a weird reason: this game was 3 hours and 45 minutes long.

The main reason? Ryan Mallet went 27/58.

Ryan loving mallet threw the ball 58 times. 50 of them were to the hole in the field from luke kuechly getting concussed the week before. If he'd been in this game, he'd likely have set the record for interceptions in a game. Instead, the Texans moved down the field as slowly as possible. The typical drive was incomplete, 6 yard pass, incomplete, 4 yard pass.

The game just would not loving end.

In 2002, the soon to be world champion bucs came to Charlotte and played the randy Fasani led Panthers in the loving rainy mud. The game turned on a Warren Sapp reception (yes, reception) in the fourth quarter. The final score was 9-12 tampa.

Randy Fasani was 5-18 for 36 yards and 3 interceptions.

Of course the Cardinals at Panthers 2008 playoff game but thats for different reasons.

I'm sure I'll think of some more. Those are the first three that jumped out to me.

Remember when Mark Sanchez, Chip Kelly, and the Eagles curbstomped the Panthers on MNF? http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554408

The Eagles could have scored 70+ with Mark Sanchez if they had wanted to.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

I'm going to have to say the '07 Steelers-Dolphins game from the OP. That game was............very, very bad.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

every primetime nfc east game of the past 10 years. even the ones you think were good. especially those

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

OxySnake posted:

The only other one off the top of my head is the Vikings v Giants MNF game from 2013.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013102100/2013/REG7/vikings@giants#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap2000000267813&tab=recap

Josh Freeman: 20/53 190 Yards 1 INT.

It did give us this masterpiece though.

20 for FIFTY loving THREE!?

How does that even happen?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

axeil posted:

eli manning rises to the occasion:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200712160nyg.htm

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Nothing comes to mind.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the greatest lovely game of all time was Cody Pickett vs. Kyle Orton in a windstorm where Pickett was 1-13 and Orton was 8-13 for 67 yards and Nate Vasher ran a kickoff 108 yards.

the second-greatest lovely game of all time was the year before on Halloween between Craig Krenzel and Ken Dorsey in a Fiesta Bowl rematch.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

58-0 vs the seahawks was real bad but on the other hand there were 58 points scored.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201412110ram.htm this is probably the worst in recent memory though, besides the jets one posted above. stanton goes down on top of a 12-6 final score vs the rams on national tv.

the worst one i've seen was 2009 vs the packers in the regular season where they got pantsed

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

axeil posted:

He was signed 15 days before the game after getting cut by Tampa for poor work ethic. Turns out Schiano wasn't just being a prick and that was accurate, though the Vikings had no business starting him in that situation.

Coincidently, should Sam Bradford start on Sunday vs Green Bay, it will be 15 days after the Vikings acquired him :tinfoil:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

2010 @ NO was bad too and now it's just disgusting after bountygate

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
I'd have to say http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201010100car.htm is definitely up there, if only for the QB battle.

For the Bears: Todd Collins (6/16, 32 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT) and Caleb Hanie (2/3, 19 yards)
For the Panthers: Jimmy Clausen (9/22, 61 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT) and Matt Moore (5/10, 35 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Wasn't there a really bad John Skelton game for the Cardinals a few years back? I always confuse it with the Ryan Lindley/Mark Sanchez Duel of Ineptitude.

The Cardinals had a lot of years of bad QB play, huh.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_LSU_vs._Alabama_football_game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgbSGSfaCk0

LSU 9 - Alabama 6, in OT

It might not be the actual worst game I ever watched, but it was one of the few where they spent the whole rest of the season jerking off about how amazing it was. Seriously, gently caress that game and gently caress the 2011 Alabama football team.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

axeil posted:

Wasn't there a really bad John Skelton game for the Cardinals a few years back? I always confuse it with the Ryan Lindley/Mark Sanchez Duel of Ineptitude.

The Cardinals had a lot of years of bad QB play, huh.

just the one?

this is the 58-0 game i mentioned above: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201211180atl.htm

11 for 22 with 4 ints and 2 fumbles

here's one where matt ryan threw 5 ints and the cardinals couldn't beat him http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201211180atl.htm

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-UB2HweXL4

i remember watching this and then turning it off after the td and going to do something else, although looking at it now they won?? http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201010100crd.htm

the cardinals between warner and palmer were never entirely pathetic, they had probably the best D of the 00s-now. i'm not sure if they all played together at once but peterson-cromartie-wilson-rhodes was a good collection of DBs. it really is a shame kerry rhodes got ran out of the league for hugging his weirdo assistant and also not making the pro bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
There was a 2006 game between Carolina and Atlanta where Chris Weinke was the starter. Carolina just said "gently caress it" since he was awful and only called 7 passes the entire game. Chris Weinke went 4-7 passing and Carolina ran the ball 52 times. Vick only completed 9 passes for the Falcons. There wasn't a single score in the second half.

Carolina won 10-3. It ruled.

• Locked thread