Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm a Texans fan, and I have been one since they came into the league. I've only turned one of their games off once before it was at triple 0, and that was the 2013 game vs. the Rams. The Texans came into the season as a Super Bowl contender and ended the season in loving Week 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hifi posted:

the cardinals between warner and palmer were never entirely pathetic, they had probably the best D of the 00s-now.

lmao

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

tranime scholar posted:

That loving LSU/Bama BCS game where LSU crossed midfield for the first time like halfway through the 4th quarter.

the thread is worst games you've ever seen not games that mad you cum uncontrollably

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

2008 Sun Bowl - Pitt vs Oregon State

Dear Reader, as you're reading this you might think that this was one of those weird "sisters of the poor" bowls between a 6-6 team and a 5-7 team that had good passing rates. Especially having heard of Oregon State recently. No, this was Oregon State when they had Jacquizz who was a transformational college player, and Oregon State had a weird knack for destroying USC. Oregon State would have been in the Rose Bowl that year had Oregon not beaten them in the last regular season game. They went 8-4 that year.
Pitt had an even better record, 9-3, and this was one year off from dreamcrushing WVU back in that crazy 2007 where WVU could have legitimately gone to the national championship game had they not lost to Pitt.

The Sun Bowl is played in El Paso, and as EDSBS notes, El Paso is firmly within Bat Country. poo poo goes weird, oftentimes sideways in football games in West Texas, and this year the menu item was "completely insane winds". Oregon State was roughly a West Coast Offense team, and they would try a dink and dunk style pass to a receiver who ran a great route and the ball would just soar 5-10 yards off target if it wasn't mystically pushed into the dirt.
Pitt, honestly I forgot what Pitt did on offense but it very obviously didn't work. Both teams figured out defensively that they did not really need to defend against the pass during this windstorm and so both offenses ran the ball and both defenses stacked the box against the run. Every so often you would get a great play-action pass that would remind you of the wind conditions and the pass would end up nowhere near the receiver.

All of this is from memory as my dad (an Oregon State fan) heckled me for being an Oregon fan who had lived 2 years in Pittsburgh (going to Carnegie Mellon) and so I must be a Pitt fan this game. The wikipedia page notes very little about the game except that it holds the Guiness World Record for most people doing the YMCA dance (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Sun_Bowl)

Anyway the game ended 3-0 in favor of Oregon State, but really I feel like everyone lost that day.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
2014 Kent State @ Buffalo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

2014 Kent State @ Buffalo

hahahahaha

Bowling Green and Miami (no, the other one) have had amazing luck with awful weather combined with worse football in the last 10 years.

10 years ago the field became a total mud pit

They came back 4 years later and halfway through the game a huge fog rolled in and you couldn't see poo poo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
One of my first football memories (at least live) was Purdue coming to Michigan and them playing a 5-3 stinker on a cold, rainy day in like '94 or '95. I hadn't fully grasped the concept of football but I knew enough to realize how bad this game was. Plus my dad and I walked there and back. At least Michigan won.

There's no shortage of bad Lions games to choose from but in all honesty I have' t been to a Lions game since the mid 90s. Probably for the best.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

C-Euro posted:

One of my first football memories (at least live) was Purdue coming to Michigan and them playing a 5-3 stinker on a cold, rainy day in like '94 or '95. I hadn't fully grasped the concept of football but I knew enough to realize how bad this game was. Plus my dad and I walked there and back. At least Michigan won.

There's no shortage of bad Lions games to choose from but in all honesty I have' t been to a Lions game since the mid 90s. Probably for the best.

If we're talking bad Lions game the winner has to be the Dan Orlovsky "I'm just an idiot" safety game right?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Tavarin posted:

I'd have to say http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201010100car.htm is definitely up there, if only for the QB battle.

For the Bears: Todd Collins (6/16, 32 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT) and Caleb Hanie (2/3, 19 yards)
For the Panthers: Jimmy Clausen (9/22, 61 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT) and Matt Moore (5/10, 35 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT)

This was the one I came to post. It was by far the most inept display of quarterbacking I have ever seen. 147 total passing yards between both teams. It was a shockingly awful game. It was also the first thing I thought of when the Bears signed Clausen years later. Thankfully most of the specifics of this game have been purged from my memory.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

2009 Georgia-Kentucky

Uga died earlier in the week, leaving the team without a mascot at a home for the first time in over 50 years. Georgia had a 20-6 halftime lead, then immediately began pissing it away, ultimately losing 34-27, their first home loss to Kentucky in 32 years. Kentucky was using a backup QB. He threw for 130 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4isBRGrIdkk

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Sep 14, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh my god I almost blocked this from my memory. My sister had graduated from Ohio State in 2010 and the next year a friend of hers gave us her tickets to the game against then #25 Michigan State. Sparty was 4-1, OSU was in that awkward Luke Fickell year and under sanctions, but was still 3-2 so hey, should be a decent game. Plus I heard this Kirk Cousins guy was supposed to be a pretty solid QB.

What followed was probably the most hilarious outing Ohio State had since they got slaughtered by Florida in the BCS Championship. Sparty had a goddamn terrifying defense, coupled with OSU QB Joe Bauserman (and head coach Fickell) clearly way in over their heads. OSU couldn't even mange 180 yards of offense, while Sparty managed an iffy 320 yards of offense and 3 turnovers. This was a complete trash game. There was exactly one highlight (which granted, was a pretty rad sack).

We found out later that Sean McDonough and Matt Millen spent the entire broadcast actively making GBS threads on the game, which is hilarious and worth tracking down on youtube or somewhere similar if you can do it.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Pick any of the last 8 games of the Raheem Morris era in Tampa, they were all horror shows. The Bucs were outscored 300-140 in that span and gave up 35 or more points in 6 of the 8 contests. It was impossible to watch as a Bucs fan.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

axeil posted:

If we're talking bad Lions game the winner has to be the Dan Orlovsky "I'm just an idiot" safety game right?

That wasn't even the worst game that season because they were actually in it the whole time. That safety ended up being the difference in terms of points but they never seemed out of it.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

hifi posted:

just the one?

this is the 58-0 game i mentioned above: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201211180atl.htm

11 for 22 with 4 ints and 2 fumbles

here's one where matt ryan threw 5 ints and the cardinals couldn't beat him http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201211180atl.htm

The 2012 Lions played the Cardinals right after the 58-0 shutout and got blown the gently caress out. gently caress that game, gently caress Jim Schwartz, gently caress William Clay Ford for not firing him after that season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201212160crd.htm

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Patriots in 2001 played 3 garbage-fest games that were like 10-3, 12-9, 17-16 snoozers where neither team did anything cool or good and Brady just drove the bus in circles like a younger Trent Dilfer until time ran out and/or everyone lost interest.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I was at this game with my dad. http://www.gohuskies.com/news/2005/11/5/208016731.aspx

I actually like low-scoring games, but the experience was miserable because it was a loving downpour and pretty cold, I'm surprised we stayed the whole game. It felt like we won just by outlasting it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The 2012 Lions played the Cardinals right after the 58-0 shutout and got blown the gently caress out. gently caress that game, gently caress Jim Schwartz, gently caress William Clay Ford for not firing him after that season.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201212160crd.htm

After the season? Hell, the fact that Schwartz wasn't canned after losing us the game against the Texans proved that WCF wasn't fit to run a goddamn popsicle stand, let alone a football team.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I was in the stands for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyzCw6y1yYU
box score

Iowa State went up 9-7 in the 2nd quarter and the score never changed again. Nebraska turned it over eight times, with four inside the 5-yard line. All NU needed was a field goal to win and they had the best kicker in the NCAA.

The strangest thing is it felt like Nebraska was in control of the game up until the final drive. Iowa State only forced four punts on 14 possessions. Every time we would drive down to the red zone, the crowd would be begging for a field goal, only to get a fumble instead. It was the most frustrating thing ever. And still everyone was pretty confident that we'd win the game until near the end of the fourth quarter.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

hahahahaha

Bowling Green and Miami (no, the other one) have had amazing luck with awful weather combined with worse football in the last 10 years.

They came back 4 years later and halfway through the game a huge fog rolled in and you couldn't see poo poo

it somehow always amazes me that watching sports footage from as little as 10 years ago looks like it's from the early 90s or something

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
As a Ravens fan I've seen lots of real bad football played. Looking back at box scores I remember watching some of these and man were they bad. I'd say my least favorite game ever was the 2007 game against the Colts in Baltimore. I was actually at that game and the weather was cold and rainy. Then the Colts scored on their opening three drives(aided by some Ravens turnovers) and it was 21-0. At this point I just said screw it and left. The weather was too bad and the team wasn't in contention it wasn't worth sitting there in that for such a bad and poorly played game, at least by the team I cared about. Final score was 44-20 but it was 30-0 early in the 2nd, and the game was over. I don't regret leaving that. I've never been that miserable at a game.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

As a Ravens fan I've seen lots of real bad football played. Looking back at box scores I remember watching some of these and man were they bad. I'd say my least favorite game ever was the 2007 game against the Colts in Baltimore. I was actually at that game and the weather was cold and rainy. Then the Colts scored on their opening three drives(aided by some Ravens turnovers) and it was 21-0. At this point I just said screw it and left. The weather was too bad and the team wasn't in contention it wasn't worth sitting there in that for such a bad and poorly played game, at least by the team I cared about. Final score was 44-20 but it was 30-0 early in the 2nd, and the game was over. I don't regret leaving that. I've never been that miserable at a game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200701130rav.htm

???

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I figured it out. sorry i doubted you Kawalimus .

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That game was bad too though, for different reasons. You had the Colts who had poor defense, and the Ravens who had this amazing defense and an OK offense, now that we had McNair instead of Boller who could play a competent game. So our defense turns in an unreal effort against Manning, maybe the best that unit ever played against him when he was around his peak. But the offense is absolutely putrid to the point that it loses the game for us. A Manning-led offense held to only field goals somehow beats us at home. Pitiful. We even had Cal Ripken Jr come out for the coin toss.

And don't give me this Bob Sanders was back stuff. That certainly did improve them but not to the point that we should have had no touchdowns at home. This was inexcusable, and in my mind the first toll of the Billick death bell.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

The only two Bears games I've ever been to involved Cade McNown and Jonathan Quinn.

the only one in Chicago I've been to had Johnny Knox die

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A Pale Horse posted:

Pick any of the last 8 games of the Raheem Morris era in Tampa, they were all horror shows. The Bucs were outscored 300-140 in that span and gave up 35 or more points in 6 of the 8 contests. It was impossible to watch as a Bucs fan.

Those had some of my favorite stories. The only reason he wasn't fired in the season was they didn't have enough coaches to run practice.

Even then, players were coming to the facility and just playing Modern Warfare.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The entire first half of Super Bowl 47. Also the last couple minutes.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
In 2009 the Tennessee Titans did not know that you're allowed to play football in the snow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYGIIlImsgQ

edit: Also in 2011 the Tennessee Volunteers lost to a Kentucky team that had both quarterbacks hurt. They put a senior WR in at QB who went like 4/6 for 15 yards passing. They lost 10-7 to a team without a quarterback. gently caress you Derek Dooley.

Pimpcasso fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 14, 2016

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

vols bitch posted:

In 2009 the Tennessee Titans did not know that you're allowed to play football in the snow

At what point did that misconception spread to include all conditions?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Coldforge posted:

At what point did that misconception spread to include all conditions?

:bahgawd: you son of a bitch!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

vols bitch posted:

:bahgawd: you son of a bitch!

I abandoned the Chargers as my AFC team thanks to the way they dealt with Weddle and Bosa, and started cheering for the Titans instead. I only ask the question out of concerned care.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
what was that super hyped bowl game a few years back that turned into a loving awful, boring and low scoring shitshow?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Coldforge posted:

I abandoned the Chargers as my AFC team thanks to the way they dealt with Weddle and Bosa, and started cheering for the Titans instead. I only ask the question out of concerned care.

:wtc: why would you pick the titans? Do you hate football?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

vols bitch posted:

:wtc: why would you pick the titans? Do you hate football?

Too many players on the team I like, even if I hate the coaches & everyone else involved.

edit: vvvvvvvv
Delanie Walker
Marcus Mariota
Jack Conklin
Tajae Sharpe
Kevin Byard

Bonus Tre McBride on the practice squad.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 15, 2016

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

easy: name 1 player on the titans
medium: name 2
hard: name 3
insane: name 4

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

wa27 posted:

I was in the stands for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyzCw6y1yYU
box score

Iowa State went up 9-7 in the 2nd quarter and the score never changed again. Nebraska turned it over eight times, with four inside the 5-yard line. All NU needed was a field goal to win and they had the best kicker in the NCAA.

The strangest thing is it felt like Nebraska was in control of the game up until the final drive. Iowa State only forced four punts on 14 possessions. Every time we would drive down to the red zone, the crowd would be begging for a field goal, only to get a fumble instead. It was the most frustrating thing ever. And still everyone was pretty confident that we'd win the game until near the end of the fourth quarter.

This isn't a thread for best games you've ever seen.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

the only one in Chicago I've been to had Johnny Knox die

I don't think there is a better definition of "freak injury" than getting literally folded in half.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

hifi posted:

the cardinals between warner and palmer [...] had probably the best D of the 00s-now.

What the hell are you talking about

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin

DJExile posted:

hahahahaha

That was the last game of my senior year there and for some stupid reason I stuck around till the end of the game with my friends. I was so pissed at the end but also freezing my rear end off. Worst game ever.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cardinals d was it's best in 2011 or so. sorry the steelers fans are having a fit about a slightly vague sentence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TBeats posted:

I don't think there is a better definition of "freak injury" than getting literally folded in half.

I just don't understand how anyone can call an injury that isn't Johnny Knox the worst they've ever seen.

Like unless you saw pat Tillman get fragged no football player has had something worse happen to him.

• Locked thread