Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

OxySnake posted:

I just realized all of these games are available on NFL Game Pass.

Im gonna get drunk and watch some terrible football this weekend.

If you're suicidal you can ask for help.

We won't judge you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mastershakeman posted:

the only one in Chicago I've been to had Johnny Knox die

I don't think there is a better definition of "freak injury" than getting literally folded in half.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

JonathonSpectre posted:

2000 BCS National Championship game.

FSU came in averaging something like 140,000 yards of offense per game. Offensive coordinator Mark Richt had just been hired by UGA as their coach, and a whole hell of a lot of Seminole fans basically begged Bobby Bowden to can him and get someone whose entire focus would be on the NC game. Nope! LOYALTY! He got us here! Christ.

About 30 seconds before kickoff our #1 WR and best offensive player Snoop Minnis got dropped because he's too loving stupid to maintain a C average. Many FSU fans said, "Bah! So what our best receiver got suspended, we'll just reload!"

Mark Richt probably didn't even know Snoop was suspended since he spent .0000003 seconds on gameplanning OU and the rest of his time preparing for the worst best 15 years in UGA history.

FSU lost 13-2 and that 2 was an intentional safety by OU.

It's the worst thing I've ever seen on television, and I saw the miniseries Shoah. It was like the team I watched all year had been lobotomized. OU had a great D that year but our O also poo poo the bed so hard it registered on seismographs in Japan. Later Mark Richt admitted that yep, I was focused on UGA and didn't really pay attention to the NC game!

IMO this was the beginning of the end for Bobby Bowden. If he'd fired Richt he could have literally picked any OC in the country and had them on campus in no time, and then we might have actually won the loving game instead of horrendously embarrassing ourselves on national TV. The next year was the first year of the failed Jeff Bowden experiment, where Bobby Bowden decided paying his son was more important than winning loving football games.

I've seen FSU lose a lot of times when we should have won (and won a lot of times we should have lost) but that one will always, always, be the worst loving game I've ever seen.

FSU losing is cool and good especially if it ends in a dumb score like 13-2

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Metapod posted:

VY is a goddamn national hero

I had $50 on USC and was 100% okay with the result with the way the game played out. I would be happy to pay $50 every year for a game that entertaining.

Which I did for Clemson vs Bama. I put money on Clemson simply because I hate Bama, but that was one of the most entertaining national title games in recent memory. Yeah losing $75 (what I had on this one) sucks, but the game ruled.

Basically anytime I bet on the Gators in the national title game, they win. And whenever I bet on any other team, they lose but the game owns.

• Locked thread