Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Jerry Cotton posted:

You played it on the wrong speed setting, OP; needs to be 45 rpm not 33 1/3. Hope this helps! :tipshat:

Speed it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.
op, how do you feel about the films of wes anderson?

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Manticorny posted:

op, how do you feel about the films of wes anderson?

OH I LOVE Wes Anderson!

His artistic style is so cool, like a lifelike cartoon or something. All the colors, scenes and settings are just incredible I can't describe it!

Def one of my favorites

-Will

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe

REALTHEWILL posted:

OH I LOVE Wes Anderson!

His artistic style is so cool, like a lifelike cartoon or something. All the colors, scenes and settings are just incredible I can't describe it!

Def one of my favorites

-Will

Would love a vampire movie done by this man.

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

REALTHEWILL posted:

OH I LOVE Wes Anderson!

Def one of my favorites

-Will

lol

-Will

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
2016 boner jamz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMezwtB1oCU

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

SatansChoice posted:

Would love a vampire movie done by this man.

Yea that would be pretty ridiculous, I can imagine Dracula in his style it would be crazy!

-Will

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
Oh man how wacky, I love it!! KEep sharing your "music"!

-Will

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

or a zombie movie. zombies are still hip, right guys???

-Will

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
FREEBIRD

-will

Boomzilla
Dec 2, 2007

Iron & Wine is the greatest artist of our generation

-Will

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe

REALTHEWILL posted:

Yea that would be pretty ridiculous, I can imagine Dracula in his style it would be crazy!

-Will

this plz but Alucard

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Eat my poo poo

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016
"There is sun, there is moon, darkness in day, brightness in night, evil in blessings, good in curses, without good we wouldn't have evil.
With no push there is no pulling forward."

(some random writings, better to share it here than facebook lol)

-Will

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

mods please ban this sick filth

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

REALTHEWILL posted:

"There is sun, there is moon, darkness in day, brightness in night, evil in blessings, good in curses, without good we wouldn't have evil.

-Will

and thank goddess you did!

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Boomzilla posted:

Iron & Wine is the greatest artist of our generation

-Will

Iron and Wine is alright, not my all time favorite but I like them, in terms of folk rock they got it down. But Id don;'t listen to them very often if at all.

-Will

Manticorny posted:

or a zombie movie. zombies are still hip, right guys???

-Will

Now that would be weird, I can only imagine the types of zombies you'd see from such a combination.

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

two forty posted:

Oh man how wacky, I love it!! KEep sharing your "music"!

-Will

Oh yea Ill be sure to post anything that I finish on here.
-Will

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
thanks for the music op loved the solos!!

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
1. Kyoon
2. Dare
3. That clueless moron who keeps reregging to post his lovely "comedy" Youtube videos under different names
4. REALTHEWILL

Did I get them right, in order of retardation?

The 1st and 2nd place are pretty solid,IMHO, but I'm not sure about the 3rd and 4th place rankings.
However, the Youtube arseworm does have several accounts under his belt though, so I placed him above REALTHEWILL, for the time being.

Edit: Surprise write-in: DGSW :glomp:

autoaim.cfg fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Sep 16, 2016

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

gargle chome posted:

thanks for the music op loved the solos!!

No problemo.

If you would like to download this track, you can do it via soundcloud HERE= https://soundcloud.com/soulsoulsoul/it-may-be-hard

or via Bandcamp (for a small fee) HERE= https://willschaeffer.bandcamp.com/track/it-may-be-hard

-Will

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
You've got 4 plays on that fella, you've got a long way to go

-Will

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Goddammit. I've kept this thread in the back of my mind for days now. I've been torn because I don't want to care post in GBS and OP doesn't have PMs, but I keep thinking:

"That guy has put in enough work to earn a fair critique, and in spite of some glaring problems with his stuff there's little kernels of potential buried in there that I should encourage him to cultivate. I spent a good chunk of my life making a decent living as a touring musician. And while the industry has changed drastically since I left it, and my advice isn't worth as much as it used to be, I still know enough to give a guy a nudge a better direction. Or at least I'd like to think I I do."

Then you do this:

REALTHEWILL posted:

-Will

And I'm like, "Nope".

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

REALTHEWILL posted:

Oh yea Ill be sure to post anything that I finish on here.
-Will

have u ever thought of writing a book?? john dardanelles wrote two, he's such a talent

-Will

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

u need to share ur thoughts w/the world, is what im sayin. expand ur brand too

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Manticorny posted:

have u ever thought of writing a book?? john dardanelles wrote two, he's such a talent

-Will

You know I have never considered writing a book, maybe jokingly when I was younger but for the most part no. In my creative process I enjoy practicing Singing/Rhythm first, next is Producing, then Writing, and lastly Promotion. Writing for me comes in third as far as enjoyability goes, not that it isn't fun or difficult for me, it just ranks behind the producing and singing does, which I consider the most fun part of the songwriting process. There is nothing more enjoyable than throwing down a beat and just jamming over it, words cannot describe the feeling you get when you write the perfect beat, and can sing something cool over it. Its feeling like Robert Plant or something, just incredible. Now writing for me usually comes from lyrics that I sing off the top of my head, that or I'll write them down first, which is easier for technical stuff like this-

(I'll Sound it out for you in terms of the rhthym)

Going in, knowing win-
ing is like spinning a spiderweb
all the
Flys led into a soon dead Trap to trick the
deadheads
into getting out
Betting about
now
all the webs been eaten away

I know its hard to get the rhythm on here but you can kind of get the picture here.

So in terms of writing I feel my creativity is very inspired by rap, and in vocal style it's definitely rock inspired. As far as your original question the only type of book that I would consider to write would be an autobiography, because I've read other musicians autobiography's (Anthony Kiedis, Iggy Pops coming out with a book) and have loved them. But other than that I am content with just lyrical writing. A lot of the time I feel that freestyle is an equal alternative, the only problem freestyle is that its much harder to get good multi syllable rhymes. But I love to write and will continue to do what I love.

-Will

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
hey

-Will

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
its even worse than your face.

-Will

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

REALTHEWILL posted:

You know I have never considered writing a book, maybe jokingly when I was younger but for the most part no. In my creative process I enjoy practicing Singing/Rhythm first, next is Producing, then Writing, and lastly Promotion. Writing for me comes in third as far as enjoyability goes, not that it isn't fun or difficult for me, it just ranks behind the producing and singing does, which I consider the most fun part of the songwriting process. There is nothing more enjoyable than throwing down a beat and just jamming over it, words cannot describe the feeling you get when you write the perfect beat, and can sing something cool over it. Its feeling like Robert Plant or something, just incredible. Now writing for me usually comes from lyrics that I sing off the top of my head, that or I'll write them down first, which is easier for technical stuff like this-

(I'll Sound it out for you in terms of the rhthym)

Going in, knowing win-
ing is like spinning a spiderweb
all the
Flys led into a soon dead Trap to trick the
deadheads
into getting out
Betting about
now
all the webs been eaten away

I know its hard to get the rhythm on here but you can kind of get the picture here.

So in terms of writing I feel my creativity is very inspired by rap, and in vocal style it's definitely rock inspired. As far as your original question the only type of book that I would consider to write would be an autobiography, because I've read other musicians autobiography's (Anthony Kiedis, Iggy Pops coming out with a book) and have loved them. But other than that I am content with just lyrical writing. A lot of the time I feel that freestyle is an equal alternative, the only problem freestyle is that its much harder to get good multi syllable rhymes. But I love to write and will continue to do what I love.

-Will

you're an old soul. what r ur thoughts on the election?

-Will

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

Thanks for the acid flashback. I'm gonna go kill some cats now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I went to the local to drink some lager and the karaoke stewardess made me sing this.

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Hello how are you?

-Will

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

What the heck is happening

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

a hole-y ghost posted:

What the heck is happening

we have an artist in our midst. ask him questions before he gets scared away!

-Will

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

That was my question, Will I mean manticorny

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Will-
Do you want a punch in the face? Yes? No? Maybe? Do tell.

-Will

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
I know how much work it takes to make even mediocre music, so I don't want to poo poo all over you as much fun as that might be. In case you are interested in constructive criticism, here are the top three reasons I don't think I will listen to this song again:

1. It doesn't really go anywhere. It kind of plods along, mix it up now and then. I'm talking rhythmically, melodically, and in terms of dynamic range.
2. The mixing, though adequate, doesn't really showcase any of the instruments or vocal sections. It's just kind of flat.
3. Your vocal affectation gets kind of grating after a while. You're doing a sort of glottal whining that fails to convey a specific emotion, and is sort of off-putting.

I'm a huge prick or something probably

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Novo posted:

I know how much work it takes to make even mediocre music, so I don't want to poo poo all over you as much fun as that might be. In case you are interested in constructive criticism, here are the top three reasons I don't think I will listen to this song again:

1. It doesn't really go anywhere. It kind of plods along, mix it up now and then. I'm talking rhythmically, melodically, and in terms of dynamic range.
2. The mixing, though adequate, doesn't really showcase any of the instruments or vocal sections. It's just kind of flat.
3. Your vocal affectation gets kind of grating after a while. You're doing a sort of glottal whining that fails to convey a specific emotion, and is sort of off-putting.

I'm a huge prick or something probably

Thanks for the criticism Novo, much better than just saying "this sucks" or "I thought it was terrible".

But, the tone of your criticism had me guessing that maybe you weren't feeling the style of it.

Try this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgfujY55Qeg

-Will

REALTHEWILL fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 17, 2016

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

oncearoundaltair posted:

Will-
Do you want a punch in the face? Yes? No? Maybe? Do tell.

-Will

Ummmmmmm. No thanks!

-Will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
How's it going, Will?

• Locked thread