Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016
Just wanted to share some music with you all to see how you like it/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v4Q51O74Fo

Let me know how you like it, or anything about it that interests you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Cosmic Charlie posted:

Its like if Waylon Jennings was big into psychedelics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWx6csgGkg4

tHNAKS

thats not too bad/

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Manticorny posted:

...oh wait. this is you, isn't it?

yes its me. I do all the singing, producing and writing for each and every song. Usually takes a while to finish them though. Lately I've been making a lot of content and have been wanting to share it with people. This song is the third that I've finished for the CD and I think it came out pretty well. The others are similar in style and the way they are written as it should be. I like to incorporate different styles into my songs to give it an eclectic feel.

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Airborne Viking posted:

Hey James Houston Havard, take notes. This is how you don't be an unfunny talentless psychopath.

Who is James Houston Harvard?

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Airborne Viking posted:

One of the mentally ill rereg spammers that keeps posting his lovely youtube channel and getting banned. He's like a tame version of Dare. I kinda doxxed him a while back, but I'm not sure if using :google: is doxxing (and I didn't get probated). He's done this to other forums for at least the last three years, it's quite amazing.

I'm hoping that one of these days that he'll earn enough ire from the mods that I can post his PO Box and we can send him poo poo.

That would be hilarious lol.
Yea, I dont know why forums tend to have so many disturbed, mentally defunct people. It doesn't make any sense to me.

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

two forty posted:

If you had just said "hey check out this thing I made" you'd come across as much less horrible hth.

Your band is going nowhere and you will die in abject squalor and poverty, inshallah.

No band here just me in the songs.

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Jerry Cotton posted:

You played it on the wrong speed setting, OP; needs to be 45 rpm not 33 1/3. Hope this helps! :tipshat:

Speed it up?

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Manticorny posted:

op, how do you feel about the films of wes anderson?

OH I LOVE Wes Anderson!

His artistic style is so cool, like a lifelike cartoon or something. All the colors, scenes and settings are just incredible I can't describe it!

Def one of my favorites

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

SatansChoice posted:

Would love a vampire movie done by this man.

Yea that would be pretty ridiculous, I can imagine Dracula in his style it would be crazy!

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016
"There is sun, there is moon, darkness in day, brightness in night, evil in blessings, good in curses, without good we wouldn't have evil.
With no push there is no pulling forward."

(some random writings, better to share it here than facebook lol)

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Boomzilla posted:

Iron & Wine is the greatest artist of our generation

-Will

Iron and Wine is alright, not my all time favorite but I like them, in terms of folk rock they got it down. But Id don;'t listen to them very often if at all.

-Will

Manticorny posted:

or a zombie movie. zombies are still hip, right guys???

-Will

Now that would be weird, I can only imagine the types of zombies you'd see from such a combination.

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

two forty posted:

Oh man how wacky, I love it!! KEep sharing your "music"!

-Will

Oh yea Ill be sure to post anything that I finish on here.
-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

gargle chome posted:

thanks for the music op loved the solos!!

No problemo.

If you would like to download this track, you can do it via soundcloud HERE= https://soundcloud.com/soulsoulsoul/it-may-be-hard

or via Bandcamp (for a small fee) HERE= https://willschaeffer.bandcamp.com/track/it-may-be-hard

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Manticorny posted:

have u ever thought of writing a book?? john dardanelles wrote two, he's such a talent

-Will

You know I have never considered writing a book, maybe jokingly when I was younger but for the most part no. In my creative process I enjoy practicing Singing/Rhythm first, next is Producing, then Writing, and lastly Promotion. Writing for me comes in third as far as enjoyability goes, not that it isn't fun or difficult for me, it just ranks behind the producing and singing does, which I consider the most fun part of the songwriting process. There is nothing more enjoyable than throwing down a beat and just jamming over it, words cannot describe the feeling you get when you write the perfect beat, and can sing something cool over it. Its feeling like Robert Plant or something, just incredible. Now writing for me usually comes from lyrics that I sing off the top of my head, that or I'll write them down first, which is easier for technical stuff like this-

(I'll Sound it out for you in terms of the rhthym)

Going in, knowing win-
ing is like spinning a spiderweb
all the
Flys led into a soon dead Trap to trick the
deadheads
into getting out
Betting about
now
all the webs been eaten away

I know its hard to get the rhythm on here but you can kind of get the picture here.

So in terms of writing I feel my creativity is very inspired by rap, and in vocal style it's definitely rock inspired. As far as your original question the only type of book that I would consider to write would be an autobiography, because I've read other musicians autobiography's (Anthony Kiedis, Iggy Pops coming out with a book) and have loved them. But other than that I am content with just lyrical writing. A lot of the time I feel that freestyle is an equal alternative, the only problem freestyle is that its much harder to get good multi syllable rhymes. But I love to write and will continue to do what I love.

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Hello how are you?

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Novo posted:

I know how much work it takes to make even mediocre music, so I don't want to poo poo all over you as much fun as that might be. In case you are interested in constructive criticism, here are the top three reasons I don't think I will listen to this song again:

1. It doesn't really go anywhere. It kind of plods along, mix it up now and then. I'm talking rhythmically, melodically, and in terms of dynamic range.
2. The mixing, though adequate, doesn't really showcase any of the instruments or vocal sections. It's just kind of flat.
3. Your vocal affectation gets kind of grating after a while. You're doing a sort of glottal whining that fails to convey a specific emotion, and is sort of off-putting.

I'm a huge prick or something probably

Thanks for the criticism Novo, much better than just saying "this sucks" or "I thought it was terrible".

But, the tone of your criticism had me guessing that maybe you weren't feeling the style of it.

Try this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgfujY55Qeg

-Will

REALTHEWILL fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 17, 2016

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

oncearoundaltair posted:

Will-
Do you want a punch in the face? Yes? No? Maybe? Do tell.

-Will

Ummmmmmm. No thanks!

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

How's it going, Will?

Ahh Going pretty well, just woke up and got some breakfast. Thanks for asking! Usually get a lot of trolling lol.
How about You?

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Manticorny posted:

will, if you could be a tree, what tree would you be?

-Will

I would definitely be a

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Manticorny posted:

that's a next level response

are you a millennial? you look older than one but you never know

-Will

Yes, born in 1992.

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

autoaim.cfg posted:

Dear Will,

What brand of bleach do you think tastes best?

-Will

Never tasted bleach, so sorry I can't answer your question.

-Will

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

Kumbamontu posted:

does your music have any pumpkin spice in it? please this is important

-Will

No, if I were to put a list of ingredients to match my song then I would say its,

Bananas
1/4 cup milk
vanilla extract
Graham crackers
2 teaspoons of chocolate
and sugar

the sugar is the most important part.

-Will

REALTHEWILL fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REALTHEWILL
Jul 21, 2016

a hole-y ghost posted:

Is that a shaved head or are you younger than me and already suffering from pattern baldness tonsure??

-Will

Its not shaved, I starting losing my hair when I was very young, in fact I remember pulling out clumps of it in 8th grade. By sophomore year I already had a bald spot and receding hairline. Now its just completely bald, I've gotten used to it though and kind of like it now.

-Will

• Locked thread